The Phantom Pain Is Boring.

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
no joke I find myself dozing off during missions

its weird. when I first played through MGS 1-4 my eyes were glued to the screen. I couldn't wait to find out what happened next. those games had my full attention

this game though...is just....boring :dahell:

I realize now that it was always the story of metal gear games that pulled me through. the gameplay was never all that to be honest (there was always a certain level of jankiness the mechanics). in TPP its exposed further as it instead focuses on gameplay and abandons the story for large swaths of the game.

all in all i'm not feeling this shyt breh :dame:most disappointing game of the year for me

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
Is it boring because there aren't any cutscenes as opposed to the last one? I thought this is what the common lot that disliked the seemingly excessive cutscenes of the last wanted. Or is it the freedom they give you to chose your own adventure of sorts without tying you down to a laundry list of sequenced missions?

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
But now the gameplay is all that

it really isn't once the hype wears off :francis:

yall dudes are still so swept up in the hype and glowing reviews and 'kojima's swan song' BS that you can't see the game for what it is

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps

yall dudes are still so swept up in the hype and glowing reviews and 'kojima's swan song' BS that you can't see the game for what it is
What's flawed about the gameplay?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

this is why it's pointless arguing gameplay online. Now MGSV TPP, one of most emergent and depth filled gameplay today is now "not that good."
I'm not falling for the bait.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Many open world games are after a while. It's a symptom of the nature of so much freedom in a game. Doesn't keep you as focused.
This game so far is just as fun 40 hours later as it was 35 hours before. To say this game is boring or has nothing to do is premature. There's constantly new stuff being introduced further into the game.