The percentage of physicians who are Black men was the same in 2018 as it was in 1940.

BornStar

Marathon Continues
Daps
Reppin
N.Y.

She is lowkey trying to ish on brehs.

Cue the girl shytting on the nuclear physicist for being corny video

Also que the athlete/rapper, IT worker or forklift driver aspirations thread :francis:

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan

She is lowkey trying to ish on brehs.

Cue the girl shytting on the nuclear physicist for being corny video

Also que the athlete/rapper, IT worker or forklift driver aspirations thread :francis:

IT workers are the 2nd highest paid professions in the US after doctors :hubie:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Yes there is a lack of interest in medicine but the last sentence sounds like you're in that "we all must work the same 5 job" boat.
I wouldn't say lack of interest. Just lack of proper MCAT prep accessibility. Keeping it real, (After dating a women who went to medical school) i realized one thing about getting into medical school. There are many other factors, but this one stood out the most to me.

and that is, you aren't really prepared for the exam through any traditional education. By that i mean, you can graduate highschool with a perfect GPA, have a 4.0 in college majoring in biology and still fail your MCAT (as she did 2 times) You have to study and take courses specifically designed for helping you pass an MCAT exam, This isn't cheap either. If you struggle to afford textbooks in college, free lunch kid in highschool, you probably won't be able to afford to prepare properly for an MCAT.

Jekyll

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How many Black parents push their sons to be physicians?
I honestly don’t know any FBA parents that “pushed” their kids to do anything in particular other than “yo ass is working or getting up outta here”.

We have very little access to mentors that can actually push and guide us effectively.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This isnt accounting for natural healers.

Black men are more likely to have a disdain and distrust for the medical industry I would add. Although Im not defending against anything. Its our right to not want to work for the Europeanized medical gustapo.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I honestly don’t know any FBA parents that “pushed” their kids to do anything in particular other than “yo ass is working or getting up outta here”.

We have very little access to mentors that can actually push and guide us effectively.

Too many distractions. Now than ever before.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
How is this shytting on black men?

Another thing to think about is that the hbcu med schools have been responsible for pumping out 90% of the MDs in the community and the and the AMA has caps on how many MDs you can award yearly.
Exactly...if anything it points out that there are still many roadblocks for success placed for black men in this field.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
How is this shytting on black men?

Another thing to think about is that the hbcu med schools have been responsible for pumping out 90% of the MDs in the community and the and the AMA has caps on how many MDs you can award yearly.
You have to be careful with these blue checks twitter birds on that app. That tweet could go either way but if we are looking at history as an example a viral tweet concerning black men from a blue-check doesn’t come from an area of concern.