The People Vs. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
It was previously reported that American Horror Story creator Ryan Murphy was developing a companion series called American Crime Story. The new anthology series will focus on true crime stories throughout history, and they are starting with O.J. Simpson. The first season of the series will be called American Crime Story: The People Vs. O.J. Simpson, and they’ve cast Academy Award winner Cuba Gooding Jr. as Simpson. American Horror Story alum Sarah Paulson has also joined the production as prosecutor Marcia Rachel Clark.

According to THR, the 10-episode first season “examines the O.J. Simpson trial as told from the perspective of the lawyers, and is poised to explore the chaotic behind-the-scenes dealings and maneuvering on both sides of the court. More significantly, it will display how a combination of prosecution confidence, defense wiliness and the Lapd’s history with the city’s African-American community gave a jury what it needed: reasonable doubt. »
:ohhh:
I liked the sound of this, AHS seems to have peaked creatively other than delving into comic book territory there is really nothing else to cover.If this series is the beginning of the end :ld: I just hope season 2 is Pablo Escobar :mjpls:

Ps is Ryan Murphy built for this? I don't remember oj having any homo escapades so he can't shoehorn any unnecessary homoness into this series

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I can't wait till the full blown musical number in the court room.
There is no way Murphy won't insert one into this.

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
:dahell: Cuba looks nothing like OJ and that Sarah lady looks nothing at all like Marcia Clark.:wtf:

Has there ever been a fall greater than Cuba gooding jr brehs?:mjcry: Went from Oscar winner to bit parts on cable tv shows.

thenatural

Superstar
Daps
LMAO. This is an actual thing? Wow, I assumed this was a Coli special.

We'll see how it goes, but people are still paying their sins for the OJ trial. Now the dude that dabbles in horror anthologies and glee clubs wants to put his spin on it. I don't know :patrice:

I do want to check out ABC's American Crime this March. Joint should be some fire.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
“Friends” star David Schwimmer has signed on as Robert Kardashian in FX’s upcoming miniseries, “American Crime Story: The People v. O.J. Simpson,” the network announced Friday.

Schwimmer will play O.J. Simpson’s attorney, starring opposite Cuba Gooding Jr., as O.J. Simpson. Sarah Paulson is set to portray prosecutor Marcia Clark.

The first episode of “The People v. O.J. Simpson” will be directed by “American Horror Story” creator Ryan Murphy. The miniseries, based off of Jeffrey Toobin’s book, “The Run of His Life: The People v. O.J. Simpson,” will be written by Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski.

Murphy, along with Nina Jacobson, Brad Simpson Scott Alexander, Larry Karaszewski, Brad Falchuk, and Dante Di Loreto are executive producers.

American Crime Story” is produced by Fox 21 Television Studios and FX Productions. Production begins in Los Angeles in 2015.

Schwimmer is represented by Gersh and attorney Michael Gendler of Gendler & Kelly, Apc. »