The Penguin - HBO Max The Batman Spinoff

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I don't mind there being no Batman, I'd prefer that there isn't in fact. I'm just dead at how NOBODY mentions or is worried about him. Aint nobody scared of Bats out here yet :mjlol:

Exactly lol

It feels weird to watch a show about Gotham city and people pretend batman doesn’t exist lol

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
Batman 100% will fukk up whatever plan penguin has at end. We wont see him but when guys start shooting in the dark, thatll be enough. No way they itnoring he there entire time. He will show last minute imo. Not like talk or anything but like the port scene in begins.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But the show has really been closed off from what's happening outside of what Penguin is doing. First scene of the show had the news discussing events at the end of the film, last episode Penguin sees on the news that all the Falcones are dead. We really don't see what's going on outside of the city, except for the old/new drugs people are taking and that's because it's part of Penguin/Sofia's plans.

They made it clear at the beginning of the first movie that low level criminals feared Batman, may take a while for the big guys to be afraid. If you're Penguin, you're probably going "Batman only stepped to me when he thought I was involved with killing the mayor and was the snitch that put Maroni away. I'm just moving a little weight, he's got bigger shyt to deal with:hubie:"

shyt, Batman 2 may start with Bruce at a fundraiser for the flood victims with him narrating that when he's not helping Alfred's recovery, doing publicity shyt for rebuilding Gotham, and cleaning up his company, he's trying to figure out who the fukk is going around freezing scientists and leaving owl statues around his house.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He literally tried to strangle Catwoman in the movie though :mjtf:
There's gotta be something crazy coming. Off the top of my head, the onscreen violence we've seen against women has been by other women.

Finale is probably Penguin and Vic going Two Man Power Trip against Sofia.

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maronis screwing up the lil alliance him and sofia had with the shrooms/asians. Vik messing up planting the jewels. Maroni surviving the kill attempt.
I dont think any of Oz's plans have worked other than going to the asians for the shrooms and the stuff he set up with the maronis hitting the falcone truck :dead:

Oh yea, Al's body being dropped off saved him. So that worked too. So he like 3.5/9 :ehh:
You're right. He actually screws up more than he succeeds. But he keeps it rolling with it. Next scene after a screw up is him looking down, his eyes darting left and right while he thinks. Then he screams "Alright! fukk it! We'll just...."

We can learn a thing or two from his resilience. I woulda called it quits twenty steps ago. Soon as I killed the Falcone son I'd be like "Alright. Time to move overseas and lay low. I'll miss you Gotham :sadcam:"