The Penguin - HBO Max The Batman Spinoff

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
They spent 200 mill on joker when that same money could have gotten us another few seasons of this piff :beli:

:ohlawd:

Or House Of The Dragon Season 2. :beli:

fukkin Zaslav..... :smh:

Reeves is obviously doing a mashup of The Long Halloween/Dark Victory. Alberto is dead so Long Halloween is kinda done. The movie and this series already has used elements of both stories already with Dark Victory's Hangman. I think he's probably going to end it with Hush/Court Of Owls.

Last edited:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps

They had the script for 10 episodes and were told to cut it to 8.

Then the writers strike happened, so they filmed the eight episodes as they were, and called it a day.

The difference between GOT and Hotd is that yeah ppl were horrible to each other but they had endearing intetesting storylines. There is nothing endearing about two queens fighting and the dragonseeds. I already said the dragonseeds least Interesting part of the story. The Margerey/Cersi doesn't happen till later, well, that's the whole story here. The most Interesting characters was Aegon and Rhaenys, and once they get dropped there is nothing compelling about the story.

Now someone us going to come in here complain about the hotd talk, but yall got me kicked out the thread twice then I had a six week ban over nothing, I don't do Hotd thread on here no more, yall too sensitive. I'm even staying out of Knight of the Seven Kingdoms. Much like my job, yall take the joy out of shyt.

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
That's all the fukk nikkas been trying to say and still get hit with the "you hate women" tag:russ:

Notice it's mostly men that watch this show and the episode is damn near universally praised and there's basically unanimous sympathy for Sophia. That's good writing at work right there:wow:

Good writing makes or breaks every movie/tv show/book, etc.

Always has and will.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I think the problem with the no batman thing is that he’s supposed to be an ever present threat to criminals, that was his whole spiel in the beginning of the movie but this show really doesn’t ever talk about the vigilantism or super criminals. I understand they want to make it grounded but to completely ignore it feels like batman is on vacation

Otherwise teh show is really good its just hard to pretend it Gotham

I think it's realistic about the no Batman thing. That nikka can't be everywhere. And like others have said, half the city is flooded. I do think that after the Falcone family murders by Sofia, that Bruce would be looking into that though. Maybe they show something in The Batman 2 about that. Love the callbacks to the flood/bombs in this joint from the movie.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Hangbae alive!

full

I hate yall :dead:

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps

Reeves is obviously doing a mashup of The Long Halloween/Dark Victory. Alberto is dead so Long Halloween is kinda done. The movie and this series already has used elements of both stories already with Dark Victory's Hangman. I think he's probably going to end it with Hush/Court Of Owls.
HBO put too much into funding that snooze fest of thrones

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
HBO put too much into funding that snooze fest of thrones

apparently they had to make a lot of cuts/concessions which made it shyt.

Now that they don't have to pay for the NBA, Zaslav needs to splurge.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
They coulda just gave that money to Colin tbh.. wear the fukking suit! :unimpressed:

I mean if you’ve seen the movie it’s obvious

Yup, saw the movie and loved it. Obviously Carmine. People reaching like shyt thinking it's a little boy that strangled his mama. :comeon:

Last edited:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Yall hear joe budden review of the show :mjlol: basically said it’s good but penguin keeps gettting out of situations like it’s nothing.. they’ve had him like 3-5 times now and could’ve killed him…
That's very true. Pretty silly if you think hard about it but I won't so i can enjoy the damn show even if the writing is ridiculous most of the time lmao