The Penguin - HBO Max The Batman Spinoff

Artificial Intelligence

Not Allen Iverson
Daps
Just because they built a good story with the aftermath doesn't mean it wasn't still bad:mjlol:

I don't even think people hate the ending/flood as much as the issue with The Batman trying to do so much at once and adding too much fat. That movie should not be 3 hours
3 hours of piff Justified :umad:

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
She was always going to execute Johnny in front of the henchmen, he didn’t get shot for talking back. Made no sense for her to trust him to actually be her underboss. As soon as she said “none of you guys are made men, except Johnny here” I knew for sure he was done.

Like Johnny told her in the mausoleum, she needed a show of force/strength to get the henchmen to follow her. Johnny said she needed him for that. She agreed…just not in the way he thought he was needed. :ld:

Good point. That wasnt an emotional execution that was a power play with giving the goons the money. The Doc with fill his role as her underboss since he feels like he owes it and got a boner for her. This show is so good i forgot this is the penguin and was like Oh Shyt his lair!

:blessed:

Even tho this series and version of batman is more grounded i love how they are talking about Gotham as a living entity on some supernatural Barbatos curser vibes. Oz talking about how the city took his brothers and the mom saying the east side takes everything from you. The city turning Vic to a criminal from an innocent child

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
Just because they built a good story with the aftermath doesn't mean it wasn't still bad:mjlol:

I don't even think people hate the ending/flood as much as the issue with The Batman trying to do so much at once and adding too much fat. That movie should not be 3 hours
It makes sense that it was a lot going on in the movie. Batman has a sturdy ass rogues gallery with an incompetent and corrupt police force, so him having to almost single-handedly solve a complex ass scheme works.

I really like how he actually lost this time.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]

o_1h48jncrc11hq67db1pn1sfo71a.gif