The Penguin - HBO Max The Batman Spinoff

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
This show is the masterpiece.

The Batman was a fantastic movie, but now with the flooding ending tied into this, it looks even better in hindsight.

There was a lot of comments the movie went too long and didn’t need the ending with the garden and the flooding but it makes a lot more sense now

Jasonmask

Superstar
Daps
This was the worst episode imo. It wasn't bad but compared to the other episodes :francis: I didn't like the pacing and how quickly certain things got resolved
The one before this was. 40 minutes of a boring back story that could’ve been utilized better by furthering the current plot.

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
This was the worst episode imo. It wasn't bad but compared to the other episodes :francis: I didn't like the pacing and how quickly certain things got resolved
Na. Imo best ep yet. Tho a lot of things just happening (escape, sofia finding maroni, oz getting away, seeing a token finding his hiding spot lol). I loved the call back to batman returns with the trolleys and the ug lair.

So ima guess, rex calabrese was oz’s father and falcone didnt know oz was his son. His mom was all about winning and rex killed for ratting by falcones and shes been calling oz weak like his father.

His mom alluded to this was a lifelong plan to take down falcones to vic AND when oz told her about his plan first ep she popped hard like “finally” iirc. That or something happened to his brothers and thats how it started. Idk.

All this weak stuff is about him not doing anythunt about his father and prollu his bros deaths. Maybe they died trying to get at falcones and thats why his mother is in hiding. He said he was too weak like he couldnt do anything about it and his mom is dissapointed in him for it.

Last edited:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Her openly killing everyone in this top crime family with no repercussions felt kinda forced bro. I was thinking she'd be more low key
I never got low-key energy from Cristin’s portrayal. She always struck me as a ticking time bomb from the get-go. It didn’t feel forced to me after seeing what she had to go through to act out this way.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Her openly killing everyone in this top crime family with no repercussions felt kinda forced bro. I was thinking she'd be more low key
Who would she face repercussions from?

Everyone from the family save for Johnny is dead, and Johnny got his brains blown out for talking back.

The only people left were the henchmen.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who would she face repercussions from?

Everyone from the family save for Johnny is dead, and Johnny got his brains blown out for talking back.

The only people left were the henchmen.

She killed like 8 people. If that's the only people who would do anything about her killing them all, then it doesn't make sense that they were that powerful to begin with.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I never got low-key energy from Cristin’s portrayal. She always struck me as a ticking time bomb from the get-go. It didn’t feel forced to me after seeing what she had to go through to act out this way.
She comes off like a ticking time bomb, yea. Her getting away with killing her whole family and also having power after, when she had none before, is what would require low key moves i thought. Just openly doing that as a power move doesn't make sense

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
She killed like 8 people. If that's the only people who would do anything about her killing them all, then it doesn't make sense that they were that powerful to begin with.
I get your point but it’s not a mob movie. It feels like they got bosses and henchmen. Not capo’s and made men. The henchmen are just trying to do a job.