The Penguin - HBO Max The Batman Spinoff

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
I gotta be honest, watching The Batman is way more interesting now. I was lukewarm on this movie originally but I’m watching it again today and the story feels a bit more engaging.

Also for the people complaining about Batman not being in the penguin, he literally says in the opening of this film that the city is large and he can’t be everywhere.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I think the problem with the no batman thing is that he’s supposed to be an ever present threat to criminals, that was his whole spiel in the beginning of the movie but this show really doesn’t ever talk about the vigilantism or super criminals. I understand they want to make it grounded but to completely ignore it feels like batman is on vacation

Otherwise teh show is really good its just hard to pretend it Gotham
I thought at the end of The Batman he talks about reevaluating the way he went about being the Batman? Like he’s taking time to regroup after all those fake Riddlers almost took out the city in the name of “Vengeance”.

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
Alright, so more context for the where’s Batman people. With this series picking up right after the movie, breh! There’s no way this man is ready for more smoke. He went through hell at the end of The Batman. My man got shot damn near 50 times, got electrocuted, and fell half a story. Nah, he gotta be in full R&R mode right now. fukk a Falcone or Maroney.

He somewhere laid up with Selina like

:dead:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought at the end of The Batman he talks about reevaluating the way he went about being the Batman? Like he’s taking time to regroup after all those fake Riddlers almost took out the city in the name of “Vengeance”.
Not taking time to regroup, but become a symbol of hope as opposed to having everybody fear him.

Trips

Superstar
Daps
I gotta be honest, watching The Batman is way more interesting now. I was lukewarm on this movie originally but I’m watching it again today and the story feels a bit more engaging.

Also for the people complaining about Batman not being in the penguin, he literally says in the opening of this film that the city is large and he can’t be everywhere.
I definitely want to run it and the show back once Penguin is done just to get a better feel for everything in a more direct setting.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Not taking time to regroup, but become a symbol of hope as opposed to having everybody fear him.
Right. Im assuming he’s figuring out how to do that though. Unless you think he’s present but just in other areas of Gotham right now.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
GaVrYAQXEAA4_hL

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny

Trips

Superstar
Daps
Im sure competing with sunday night football hurts its numbers. I always watch the following monday on max
I usually watch on Monday's when I get home from the office or Monday nights about an hour before I goto bed. I think at some point though ratings especially for shows on cable networks or streamers has to be :manny:

I mean unless it's a live sporting event. Many of these shows are on several times a day multiple times a week and then next day runs on stream. You have so many times to watch a show now versus in the past where if you didn't record it on the VCR you missed that episode until they are running re-runs in the summer for network shows.

It should just be total number of watches per week for the cable box and then whatever data they use to track streaming to get a solid gauge of how a show is doing.