The Penguin - HBO Max The Batman Spinoff

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Still discussing this dumb shyt? The city was flooded... he's got shyt to do. It's been 3 weeks. Also, the show has been great without him popping up everywhere so....

Also, if you ever read comic books. It ain't like Batman stops everyone from committing crimes. He doesn't. He never fully cleans up the city. He can't... it's too much for one superhero to be everywhere at once.
this show is better without Batman.

Mars

Superstar
Daps
I love the show... but it's starting to come off as too unrealistic....Every episode they seem to have a close call where they pull a high-wire act to miraculously excape death or being exposed

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Still discussing this dumb shyt? The city was flooded... he's got shyt to do. It's been 3 weeks. Also, the show has been great without him popping up everywhere so....

Also, if you ever read comic books. It ain't like Batman stops everyone from committing crimes. He doesn't. He never fully cleans up the city. He can't... it's too much for one superhero to be everywhere at once.
With that said I do think he might make an appearance near the end of the Series.

:hubie:

Like I can 100 see this series be the rise of the penguin and in the end his ass ends up in Arkham or Prison just because they need him out of the way to introduce another main villain in the next Batman movie.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I love the show... but it's starting to come off as too unrealistic....Every episode they seem to have a close call where they pull a high-wire act to miraculously excape death or being exposed

See this is what I mean lol You will have some people who think comic book content is too grounded and others that say it's not grounded enough.

I think 'The Penguin' has a perfect balance

Mars

Superstar
Daps
See this is what I mean lol You will have some people who think comic book content is too grounded and others that say it's not grounded enough.

I think 'The Penguin' has a perfect balance

All I;m saying is that The Penguin has Victor doing some high-risk shyt (Deliver dead body to crime family home).....and then had Victor make an attempt to plant evidence in the Boss' car.......Too risky.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
The problem is most writing in general is pandering trash. We've just been normalized to white male pandering trash from jump. You can't tell me Rambo wasn't a "Larry Sue". But as soon as a woman does it we're all like "Why can't these writers just chill with this bs :stopitslime:"

The writers just gotta realize this extra burden and step their game up instead of getting into a battle with the legit sexists and racists while ignoring people who would love well written women and minorities. Nobody said shyt about Miles Morales "replacing" Peter Parker cause that movie was undeniable.
"Actually" .... Rambo in First Blood was meant to be a sympathetic VILLIAN. But the writers wimped out a little and made it so that didn't intentionally kill ANYONE. Then, after negative test screenings they re-shot the ending so that Rambo didn't force the Colonel to kill him since that made audiences too sad. Then, well, they basically sold out and turned him into an 80's Action Hero.

And it’s good that they make Gotham truly appear to be huge, just like New York. HBO is getting to right with this one.

In everything outside of this Batman timeline, the previous movies made it seem like Gotham was “manageable” to Batman and with some true supervillains he knew where to focus his attention — and deal with the petty criminals, which is crazy.

If we bring it into reality and look at the scale of New York or LA or Mexico, not even a regular police dept can cover that much ground.

So a crime family circling the block on their drug empire is very feasible and they can do it in the shadows.

And Gotham is still a mess right now.
Didn't see Joker 2, but if I remember correctly Gotham in Joker 1 was SUPER massive. It looked like NYC, except with the East River paved over by blocks and blocks of pure city.

I feel like Penguin has some elements of Marty from Ozark, with his ability to slip out of certain death at the last second.