The Penguin - HBO Max The Batman Spinoff

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Btw

Would yall be mad if batman doesnt make an “appearance”?

If they aint getting knocked around in the dark by an unseen batman at the end of this what a missed opportunity. Dont need pattinson in it just the illusion hes there.
Nope. Im not watching this show for batman. Im watching to see how Penguin gets his power/maneuvers around :yeshrug:

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps

Too bad I doubt there is a S2. Colin apparently hated playing the character/wearing the suit. I think it may have been posted in this thread? Apparently Matt reeves had to convince him to do the show.
This man Oz got the gift of gab :wow:

Any SOA thread originals peep Juice in this? Bro bout to fold again :mjlol:

There was some lust in his eye. Sofia's crazy puzzy allure too strong :ufdup:
Yea. I was like this nikka dont age at all. :dahell:
Then I remembered how down bad his character was in SoA :scust:

Last edited:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Btw

Would yall be mad if batman doesnt make an “appearance”?

If they aint getting knocked around in the dark by an unseen batman at the end of this what a missed opportunity. Dont need pattinson in it just the illusion hes there.

No,because Penguin was the star of The Batman:mjlol:

But for the way they hyped him up in the beginning of his movie,you would think they would talk more about him. Ive only seen the first episode but havent heard a "bu bu but what about The Batman:lupe:" yet. When they made it like The Batman sent criminals running like roaches:mjlol:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You are being redirected...

If Ferril doesnt get an Emmy,when I think that travesty of a Joker got an Oscar:martin:?

"The Penguin features a lot of character traits that were changed for the Reeves film and the HBO limited. Besides his name, his backstory was also altered. He doesn’t come from a wealthy and elite faction of Gotham City’s founding familes. Instead, he has very humble blue collar origins with an encouraging mother. This is in contrast to the Joker, who really doesn’t have a backstory, so his origins are wide open for actor and filmmaker alike to create. Usually, the Joker is a psychotic super villain, a killing machine with no moral compass. However, those traits feel lacking in Phoenix’s version of the character. He goes after those who wronged him while sparing those he deems unworthy of punishment. Even with so many different versions of the character existing, this core cannot change. When looking at the Penguin, his core was not changed even though so much else was. He’s still an ugly man with a waddle and an umbrella. The other crime bosses look down upon him, so he is a scarred, hideous man looking to prove everyone wrong. This is Penguin’s core characterization and remains unchanged despite everything else, demonstrating that he’s a better adaptation than the Joker.

The Penguin is now streaming Max."