The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
But its not tho fam..its always a new card out there but are still some of the most powerful cards on the market..
gaming in 3 monitors is very demanding. We're talking 3 times what it takes to game at the normal 1080p. In actuality, I probably shoulda got 3 cards, but alas it was out of budget.

I really only play on the pc for 3 monitors and better graphics. If I can't have those, I don't see the point :manny: Maybe I'll take @daze23 's advice and game on my 1440p monitor till I can game like I want. But this next gen shyt is killing us at these super high resolutions.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Nah, I might need to buy hardware to play like I wanna play (which is in 3 monitors at high/ultra). If games keep coming out with these steep specs, my 780ti sli ain't gonna cut it.

So far I've been okay (I don't mind gaming at 35-45 fps). But AC: Unity is probably gonna kill my system. If that trend continues, I'm gonna be forced to buy new shyt. Problem is, there is nothing I can buy that will suit my needs. the 980s only have 4gb of ram. 4gb isn't cutting it anymore apparently (I can't believe I'm typing that by the way....no one saw that coming, not even last year).
Son these games just arent scaled right..I havent seen ONE game come out so far worth all that VRAM..The Evil Within's recommended was 4gb VRAm and doesnt even barely use 2...all im saying is..maybe when it comes to shytty console ports there will be a problem...but games built for PC from the ground up shouldnt have that problem at all...

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
gaming in 3 monitors is very demanding. We're talking 3 times what it takes to game at the normal 1080p. In actuality, I probably shoulda got 3 cards, but alas it was out of budget.

I really only play on the pc for 3 monitors and better graphics. If I can't have those, I don't see the point :manny: Maybe I'll take @daze23 's advice and game on my 1440p monitor till I can game like I want. But this next gen shyt is killing us at these super high resolutions.
Son these console games are running at like 900p 30fps most of the time..PC is worth it just off of the performance aspect of things...if u game in 1440p u doin great imo...3 monitors is still a niche thing..lol

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Son these games just arent scaled right..I havent seen ONE game come out so far worth all that VRAM..The Evil Within's recommended was 4gb VRAm and doesnt even barely use 2...all im saying is..maybe when it comes to shytty console ports there will be a problem...but games built for PC from the ground up shouldnt have that problem at all...
Yeah it's definitely shytty console ports that are causing this. Problem is, I wanna play those shytty console ports. I love single player games. I really wanna play FC4, Dragon Age, and AC:Unity. I'm not so into PC only titles. I don't like RTS, MOBA, MMOs, etc. I really could care less about multiplayer shyt :manny: I like the console games. And that is were my problems lay (spelling?).

It's just disheartening to see all these shytty console ports. I know I'm a pessimist, but I'm also a realist. I don't see the console ports getting much better in the future. Ubisoft and the like always promise better optimization, but they never come through. We just have to overpower their shyt to get it to run right. It's a damn shame that we can't overpower it right now (at least not at super high resolutions). I'm sure 1080p is fine (although, that may not be the case with AC:Unity, and it wasn't the case with Watch Dogs unless you turned down the textures to sub-ps4 levels).

Last edited:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Son these console games are running at like 900p 30fps most of the time..PC is worth it just off of the performance aspect of things...if u game in 1440p u doin great imo...3 monitors is still a niche thing..lol
3 monitors is growing. It's less demanding than 4K resolution, so it shouldn't be a problem, but it is. I've been gaming on 3 monitors since the 5870 (the first card that could do 3 monitors). Going back to one monitor is something I really don't wanna do. 1440p is cool, but it's not that much better than 1080p if I'm being honest (I know, I know, it's nearly 2x the resolution). I like the immersion 3 monitors gives you (being able to use your peripheral vision is the shyt). It's kinda something you have to try out yourself to understand.

Oh well, first world problems like @Fatboi1 says. The tech will eventually catch up. It just might be a few years or so.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Yeah it's definitely shytty console ports that are causing this. Problem is, I wanna play those shytty console ports. I love single player games. I really wanna play FC4, Dragon Age, and AC:Unity. I'm not so into PC only titles. I don't like RTS, MOBA, MMOs, etc. I really could careless about multiplayer shyt :manny: I like the console games. And that is were my problems lay (spelling?).

It's just disheartening to see all these shytty console ports. I know I'm a pessimist, but I'm also a realist. I don't see the console ports getting much better in the future. Ubisoft and the like always promise better optimization, but they never come through. We just have to overpower their shyt to get it to run right. It's a damn shame that we can't overpower it right now (at least not at super high resolutions). I'm sure 1080p is fine (although, that may not be the case with AC:Unity, and it wasn't the case with Watch Dogs unless you turned down the textures to sub-ps4 levels).
I feel u..but there are some dope PC games out there..then theres a bunch of horror games being released for the PC soon as well..I dont even play MMOs and strategy games..Im a console gamer at heart as well..but to me..the console games aint even performing well enough for me to forget the PC side of things..

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I feel u..but there are some dope PC games out there..then theres a bunch of horror games being released for the PC soon as well..I dont even play MMOs and strategy games..Im a console gamer at heart as well..but to me..the console games aint even performing well enough for me to forget the PC side of things..
I'm sitting on nearly 500 games in my steam library. I got all kinds of PC only games. When I look at what I play the most, it's the console games. Perhaps that's why I'm more sensitive to the shytty ports than others.

At least Shadow of Mordor finally runs well :blessed:. I didn't really like the game before, but I'm gonna give it a try again.

Borderlands the pre sequel is fukked up, but it's at least playable now. Too bad it isn't as fun as BL2 :mjcry:

At least I'm :blessed: to have the consoles to fall back on if I need to.

We'll see how November treats PC gaming. If all these games perform shytty, then I'm gonna be real pissed off. Hopefully that's not the case. But it's a big month in my eyes. It's gonna dictate a lot of what I do in the future, gaming-wise.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
I'm sitting on nearly 500 games in my steam library. I got all kinds of PC only games. When I look at what I play the most, it's the console games. Perhaps that's why I'm more sensitive to the shytty ports than others.

At least Shadow of Mordor finally runs well :blessed:. I didn't really like the game before, but I'm gonna give it a try again.

Borderlands the pre sequel is fukked up, but it's at least playable now. Too bad it isn't as fun as BL2 :mjcry:

At least I'm :blessed: to have the consoles to fall back on if I need to.

We'll see how November treats PC gaming. If all these games perform shytty, then I'm gonna be real pissed off. Hopefully that's not the case. But it's a big month in my eyes. It's gonna dictate a lot of what I do in the future, gaming-wise.
The thing im confused about is why it's all or nothing on PC..like..even tho PC is not performing up to usual PC standards..its still performing better than consoles..so why would u rather play the game that runs inferior and cost more?...

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
The thing im confused about is why it's all or nothing on PC..like..even tho PC is not performing up to usual PC standards..its still performing better than consoles..so why would u rather play the game that runs inferior and cost more?...
I'll readily admit that I'm an extremist when it comes to these things.

It costs the same (I'm gonna buy those games day 1 anyway, and they're $60 on both the console and the pc).

They thing is, I dunno if they are performing worse on the console. If I have to turn down textures to below console levels, it seems like the pc is the inferior version.
I'd rather play with better graphics at 30fps, then shyttier graphics at 45fps. The difference between 900p and 1080p isn't that noticeable on a tv where I'm sitting 10 feet away either.

I'll play whichever version is superior. If that's on the console I'll go there, if it's on the pc I'll stay with the pc version. I'm putting my money on the pc versions for the time being, but that may change come November. We'll see.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
I'll readily admit that I'm an extremist when it comes to these things.

It costs the same (I'm gonna buy those games day 1 anyway, and they're $60 on both the console and the pc).

They thing is, I dunno if they are performing worse on the console. If I have to turn down textures to below console levels, it seems like the pc is the inferior version.
I'd rather play with better graphics at 30fps, then shyttier graphics at 45fps. The difference between 900p and 1080p isn't that noticeable on a tv where I'm sitting 10 feet away either.

I'll play whichever version is superior. If that's on the console I'll go there, if it's on the pc I'll stay with the pc version. I'm putting my money on the pc versions for the time being, but that may change come November. We'll see.
Havent had a game yet that I had to put sub console levels..lol

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Havent had a game yet that I had to put sub console levels..lol
Watch Dogs textures. They stutter at anything above medium on my 780ti. We got other posters having the same problems with 780s. "High" is the ps4 version

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
shyt stutters and performs wack on consoles too..difference with them is u cant adjust anything...that game in general is a mess..

Their final verdict is that the PS4 version of Watch Dogs comes out on top just edging out the Xbox One with a more consistent performance with higher resolution. Another interesting note is that both consoles ran Watch Dogs better than the PC version. “Watch Dogs on PC should be the best version of the game” according to Digital Foundry when they had issues trying to hit 60fps/1080p on the PC. You can check out a more detailed report of all their tests right here.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/05...ompare-for-watch-dogs-on-ps4-xbox-one-and-pc/

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-watch-dogs-face-off

I always shyt on that game, but it appears that others think the console version ran better too.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Yea I feel u..well..regardless thats still just one game..its not the first fukked up port and wont be the last..look at GTA4..shyt still runs shytty for people till this day...
Yeah, I'm just concerned it is becoming a trend. Hopefully I'm wrong, but the evidence keeps mounting. This AC:Unity shyt is absurd too. Who knows how that will run, even with 780ti sli and an i7. The future isn't looking bright in my eyes. But, like I said before, I'm a pessimist.

At least I have options and can go to the consoles if needed. I just wish we had more GPU options right now.