The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Tried it and my shyt went way up...but its.still nowhere near where urs is..my max fps is at around 110..urs is like 8 hundred something...
idk. seems like the fix did something for you, but something is still holding you back

that 800 number is a fluke. most of the benchmark I was getting around 200-300 fps

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Whats ur Nvidia inspector settings?.
ACBRX2f.jpg

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
looks like Bethesda might actually try to fix The Evil Within

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1509198-pc-update/

The Evil Within has been out a week, and we’re thrilled to see so many of you enjoying your experience with the game. In tandem, we’re also reading feedback from some of you guys on how you’d like the PC experience improved.

We always try to be responsive to our fans and we are looking at your suggestions. We are open to modifications of the PC experience but we’re investigating and testing what’s possible that won’t negatively affect other players. We are evaluating optimizations for players with high-end PCs to improve the gameplay experience at 60 FPS. We’re also looking into ways to allow you to remove the letterbox format of the game for those of you who prefer not to have it. Over the next few days we’ll be working on potential changes and testing them. If all goes according to plan, you’ll be able to go hands-on with these changes soon. When we have more information on PC-specific changes, we will let everyone know.

We believe The Evil Within is an extraordinary game, and obviously we're happy that all of you are excited about it. But we want all our fans, including those of you on PC w/ high end rigs, to be able to experience the game the way they want. So we are seeing what we can do to provide you with optional changes you have said you would like.

Thanks for your wonderful support and valuable feedback.

edit: I'll add that Bethesda must have realized their game isn't doing well on PC. 'AAA' game out for a week, and it's struggling at like #18 on Steam's top-sellers. probably doesn't help that the game's store page is half negative reviews

Last edited: