The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Do you usually wipe the old drivers and do a clean install?
I don't usually, but I had to this time. It still fukked up, but after a few reboots it worked again.

Back in the day, I had to do clean installs a lot, but it seems nvidia has gotten better about this in the past couple of generations. I've even had to use separate tools to completely uninstall everything associated with the nvidia driver. Luckily I didn't have to do that this time.

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
I don't usually, but I had to this time. It still fukked up, but after a few reboots it worked again.

Back in the day, I had to do clean installs a lot, but it seems nvidia has gotten better about this in the past couple of generations. I've even had to use separate tools to completely uninstall everything associated with the nvidia driver. Luckily I didn't have to do that this time.
I’m gonna wait and see what the consensus is on this new update before I download it. I think they had to put out a hotfix for a driver they released three cycles ago that was messing up a lot of systems.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I’m gonna wait and see what the consensus is on this new update before I download it. I think they had to put out a hotfix for a driver they released three cycles ago that was messing up a lot of systems.
Yeah, I wouldn't try the new driver that just got released yet. I read about those fukkups with a few drivers ago. Luckily, I didn't update those drivers as soon as they came out. I just got a notification on my desktop about a new driver today, so I was like, I'll just update it. That was a mistake...:russ:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I'm about to impluse buy that Samsung 57" 8K super ultrawide :mjgrin:

We'll see. I kinda want that extra resolution, even though I know my shyt can't run it for most games. Still, maybe I'll do the unthinkable and go down from ultra :jbhmm:

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
That 14900K and the new Z790 Apex Encore motherboard are about to drop. I need to resist the urge to cop. I already have a 13900KS and a Z790 Apex. I’m sure the “upgrade” would result in a negligible performance increase. That new board looks :banderas: though. I’m gonna wait for the real next gen processors though.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
That 14900K and the new Z790 Apex Encore motherboard are about to drop. I need to resist the urge to cop. I already have a 13900KS and a Z790 Apex. I’m sure the “upgrade” would result in a negligible performance increase. That new board looks :banderas: though. I’m gonna wait for the real next gen processors though.
It'll be negligible, but if they brought the heat down, it might be worth it.

Where the fukk is the 4090ti by the way? I figured it would be released around this time. 5090 next year or early 2025 though

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
It'll be negligible, but if they brought the heat down, it might be worth it.

Where the fukk is the 4090ti by the way? I figured it would be released around this time. 5090 next year or early 2025 though
The speculation is that NVIDIA is either gonna drop a Titan or there won’t be another top tier GPU until the 5090 in 2025. I definitely thought there would be a 4090ti by now as well. Theres a 4080ti on the way soon.

When Asus dropped that Matrix 4090 that’s when I started to think we might not get a 4090ti because that card design would be perfect for a new king of the hill graphics card.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I'm about to impluse buy that Samsung 57" 8K super ultrawide :mjgrin:

We'll see. I kinda want that extra resolution, even though I know my shyt can't run it for most games. Still, maybe I'll do the unthinkable and go down from ultra :jbhmm:
Copped :mjgrin:

We'll see which one I prefer. The 49" 1440p OLED or the 57" 2160p Mini LED

Edit: It's gonna be a bytch to return this shyt though if I don't like it. :manny:

Edit: Cancelled, but bought it again after thinking about it overnight. I really wanna compare this with my 1440p OLED super ultrawide

Last edited:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
What mechanical keyboards are you all rocking? I got me a Corsair something or other (maybe K70...I don't remember). It's nice, but I'm looking to upgrade.

Last edited:

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
What mechanical keyboards are you all rocking? I got me a Corsair something or other (maybe K70...I don't remember). It's nice, but I'm looking to upgrade.
What size? Do you prefer full size or smaller? I built a custom 65% keyboard. Also what kind of switches do u prefer? Linear, tactile or clacky?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
What size? Do you prefer full size or smaller? I built a custom 65% keyboard. Also what kind of switches do u prefer? Linear, tactile or clacky?
Full size. I don't really know about linear vis tactile or clacky. I like clicky keys though, if that helps.

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
Full size. I don't really know about linear vis tactile or clacky. I like clicky keys though, if that helps.
Linear is pressing keys with no feedback - gamers prefer. Tactile is pressing keys with a bump to feel so you know u registered a command - typist prefer these.

Clacky is loud AF and a abomination that know one should use. it's similar to tactile. Instead of feeling a bump. U press the key, it goes down and shoots back up before u lift ur finger to know it registered. fukk clacky :pacspit:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Linear is pressing keys with no feedback - gamers prefer. Tactile is pressing keys with a bump to feel so you know u registered a command - typist prefer these.

Clacky is loud AF and a abomination that know one should use. it's similar to tactile. Instead of feeling a bump. U press the key, it goes down and shoots back up before u lift ur finger to know it registered. fukk clacky :pacspit:
I guess I want Tactile, but I could see Linear working. I like the tactile feel though. I type a lot, aside from gaming.