The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Today when I game my computer monitors both suddenly go black. I can still hear the game sounds in the background when it happens but at that point I'm forced to restart my PC. Anyone know what the issue could be?

1. Graphics card issue: If the graphics card is not working properly or is overheating, it can cause the screens to go black. Try updating your graphics card driver or lowering your graphics settings to see if that resolves the issue.
  2. Power supply issue: If your power supply unit (PSU) is not supplying enough power to your graphics card or other components, it can cause the screens to go black. Check that your PSU is properly rated for your system's components and try upgrading it if necessary.
  3. Overheating: If your CPU or GPU is overheating, it can cause the screens to go black. Ensure that your cooling system is functioning properly, and consider cleaning the fans and heatsinks.
  4. Hardware issue: It's possible that there is a hardware issue with your monitor, cables, or other components. Try swapping out the cables, using a different monitor, or running hardware diagnostic tests.
  5. Software issue: A software issue, such as a conflict with other programs or malware, can also cause screens to go black. Run a virus scan and check for conflicting programs.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Today when I game my computer monitors both suddenly go black. I can still hear the game sounds in the background when it happens but at that point I'm forced to restart my PC. Anyone know what the issue could be?
both monitors isn't a good sign :francis:

check your cables, and maybe try one monitor at at time. but both monitors sounds like your GPU could be dying, or your PSU isn't giving it enough power

has this happened more than once? is anything new, or have you been using this same setup for awhile?

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Could be your HDMI/displayport wires or update graphic card. I had the same issue and replaced my displayport wire and haven't had it since. Weird part was the wire looked good but it seemed to be the culprit. Slight chance it may be the actual port on your graphics card so if u have more than one,which most do, try plugging it into another port if all else fails

Him

1-1800-IMHIM
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Golden △
both monitors isn't a good sign :francis:

check your cables, and maybe try one monitor at at time. but both monitors sounds like your GPU could be dying, or your PSU isn't giving it enough power

has this happened more than once? is anything new, or have you been using this same setup for awhile?
I’ve had this built running since the start of January so it’s not too old, the graphics card was used however…

I tried doing a clean install and whatnot and it kept doing it.

I just reinstalled my monitors drivers and so far it hasn’t crashed, I’m hoping it’s fixed now.

I was checking temps earlier and my gpu and cpu weren’t running hot at all

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Could be your HDMI/displayport wires or update graphic card. I had the same issue and replaced my displayport wire and haven't had it since. Weird part was the wire looked good but it seemed to be the culprit. Slight chance it may be the actual port on your graphics card so if u have more than one,which most do, try plugging it into another port if all else fails
I had a nightmare trying to troubleshoot an issue, and it turned out to be a bad (brand new) SATA cable :snoop:

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Idk when they did it, but Valve snapped with the current BPM. shyt is actually about as easy to use as a console straight from controller :ehh: shoutout to MS for the integration too

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man

Finally! Good power in a tiny package.
At first it kept crashing while benchmarking. After hours of troubleshooting, it turns out it was the fault of the shytty GPU riser cable that came with the case. I thought PCIe was backwards compatible. Had to force PCIe 3.0 in BIOS and it was finally able to get through a Superposition benchmark. Also, my GPU is too wide for the power socket extender to fit right. Gonna have to dremel out the case hole eventually, but fukk it, gonna play for a while first. :blessed:

rdj

Pro
Daps

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Has anybody else played Melatonin? It’s the hardest game I’ve ever played and I don’t understand it…lol. I’m usually amazing at rhythm games. shyt is unbelievably difficult. That or my speakers are off.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity

Nah. We Samsung gang when it comes to the M.2's and SSD's. I'm looking to cop a 2 gig 980 pro M.2 soon. VR games ate up a shyt load of my storage the past few year.

:whew:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Has anybody else played Melatonin? It’s the hardest game I’ve ever played and I don’t understand it…lol. I’m usually amazing at rhythm games. shyt is unbelievably difficult. That or my speakers are off.
I suck at rhythm games. have you tried Hi-Fi Rush?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I suck at rhythm games. have you tried Hi-Fi Rush?
It’s on my list after I beat GOW Ragnorok and Control. I look forward to it.

Side note: I’ve been playing games like crazy. It’s good to be back after like a 2 year period where I didn’t really play anything. In like the last few months, I beat Outer Worlds, GOW, Spider-Man and Miles Moales, Disco Elysium, TLOU 2, and half way through GoW:R. I haven’t played and enjoyed this many games in such a short time in years. :blessed:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Hifi-Rush is completely broken on my PC. I got the tutorial bug and can't get past one of the beginning tutorials. Apparently it is an issue. fukk this game :stopitslime:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Hifi-Rush is completely broken on my PC. I got the tutorial bug and can't get past one of the beginning tutorials. Apparently it is an issue. fukk this game :stopitslime:

I'm playing Spider-Man and all of a sudden my super jump and ground smash stopped working. I'm not gonna play it anymore if this doesn't resolve itself.