The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
This is crazy to me
full
EVGA was the closest AIB to Nvidia and for them to tell Nvidia to kick rocks and totally bush their graphics card division is just wild. fukking Nvidia :pacspit:I am so glad I went AMD with my 6900xt. AMD needs to hit up EVGA asap and tell em come on down to team red :wow:
The 6900XT is looking good right now in terms of price and it got me looking at my 3070Ti like :francis: and I like my 3070Ti

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Brehs is this a good build?

Budget is like 2.5k . Also monitor suggestions and will I need a sound card to make music?

Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure that any modern CPU can handle audio without a card. I can't remember the last time I heard someone talk about an audio card.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
So, are we getting this 4090? I’m thinking of jumping back into gaming and the new Nvidia cards coming out soon makes it seem like a good time to build a new rig. :ehh:

knickscrusaderm

lead by example
Daps
Reppin
dark butts

Budget is like 2.5k . Also monitor suggestions and will I need a sound card to make music?
If you're building brand new, I would just recommend waiting 10 days for the AM5 platform to drop. You're likely to be able to build a system at that price point that's using new gen equipment over 11th gen CPU/Mobo (I wouldn't touch 11th gen at all at this point).

Outside of music what else do you plan on using the computer for? How soon do you need it? Or you okay with going ddr5 over ddr4 for "future-proofing purposes" (can slide in a 13th gen intel cpu when they drop). I would just recommend waiting for AM5 then copping a 6900xt at $100 cheaper than the 3080.

knickscrusaderm

lead by example
Daps
Reppin
dark butts

For whatever reason I was motivated to look into building a pc, here's what I came up with for your budget: PC Builder - Intel Core i5-12600KF, Radeon RX 6900 XT, Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB ATX Mid Tower - PCPartPicker

For 500 under your budget your getting a current gen CPU and a mobo that supports the next gen soon to come out. DDR5 ram that you can OC to your board's limit as well. If you want to save more money, I would recommend a B series board and dropping to a 12600 but the board I linked is great performance for price. The monitor will allow you to game/work at 1440p 170hz which you will almost always be at with the GPU I linked. Again, you can upgrade to a 13th Intel CPU at some point down the line as well with this CPU/Mobo combo.

I'm biased but fukk Nvidia, you can get a 6900xt for less than a 3080 and get way better performance. Only reason to go Nvidia would be for video streaming/creation purposes but your doing music so go AMD. Case is superior for just a bit more money, I personally have it and it's HUGE. So much room to work with. Dropped down on the SSD to save money but if you want the insurance a Samsung SSD gives you, feel free to go with that instead. Forgot your hard drive but feel free to drop it in there as you did mention making music so you'll need the additional space more than likely. Power supply I linked is better for less money, do with that what you will.

DO NOT buy a windows 10 key for $100+ dollars. Go on a third party key site and grab a key from there for like $20. Do not buy an air cooler to cool CPU/GPUs at this level unless you live in cool ambient conditions. Grabbing an AiO and a case fan to push air out of the back of your case will have your temps super cool under load.

Remember to use those promo codes listed on the pcpartpicker site and also this one on dell's site (MONITOR10), and enjoy brother :myman:. If anyone has any improvements this list, feel free to add on.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
For whatever reason I was motivated to look into building a pc, here's what I came up with for your budget: PC Builder - Intel Core i5-12600KF, Radeon RX 6900 XT, Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB ATX Mid Tower - PCPartPicker

For 500 under your budget your getting a current gen CPU and a mobo that supports the next gen soon to come out. DDR5 ram that you can OC to your board's limit as well. If you want to save more money, I would recommend a B series board and dropping to a 12600 but the board I linked is great performance for price. The monitor will allow you to game/work at 1440p 170hz which you will almost always be at with the GPU I linked. Again, you can upgrade to a 13th Intel CPU at some point down the line as well with this CPU/Mobo combo.

I'm biased but fukk Nvidia, you can get a 6900xt for less than a 3080 and get way better performance. Only reason to go Nvidia would be for video streaming/creation purposes but your doing music so go AMD. Case is superior for just a bit more money, I personally have it and it's HUGE. So much room to work with. Dropped down on the SSD to save money but if you want the insurance a Samsung SSD gives you, feel free to go with that instead. Forgot your hard drive but feel free to drop it in there as you did mention making music so you'll need the additional space more than likely. Power supply I linked is better for less money, do with that what you will.

DO NOT buy a windows 10 key for $100+ dollars. Go on a third party key site and grab a key from there for like $20. Do not buy an air cooler to cool CPU/GPUs at this level unless you live in cool ambient conditions. Grabbing an AiO and a case fan to push air out of the back of your case will have your temps super cool under load.

Remember to use those promo codes listed on the pcpartpicker site and also this one on dell's site (MONITOR10), and enjoy brother :myman:. If anyone has any improvements this list, feel free to add on.

appreciate this brehther