The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Daps
e1u2OlJ.jpg

A fun hobby indeed
rAXbpvz.png

Do you actually use all those headphones? I'm into headphones too but I don't have that many and I don't even use all of mine.

Afrodroid

God bless Black People!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rio De Janeiro, BR
Do you actually use all those headphones? I'm into headphones too but I don't have that many and I don't even use all of mine.

Yes, daily.

I'm a basshead and although they're bass cans, each has its own signature and synergy with certain genres.

I just sit there and relax listening to hours and hours of good music :ahh:

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yes, daily.

I'm a basshead and although they're bass cans, each has its own signature and synergy with certain genres.

I just sit there and relax listening to hours and hours of good music :ahh:
ya, there's a very different experience between a set of V Modas, Sennheisers, and Grados, even if you got all 3 within the same price range.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Any 6800xt or 6900xt owners here? What model y’all got and how y’all feeling about it? I’ve seen deals for 6900s for $629. If it ever dips that low again I’m insta buying that shyt.

Fukk that's a deal. A 3090 minus the ray tracing performance for half the price :pawg_wow:

At launch the performance was similar but now after so many driver updates, the 6900 XT competes with the 3080 which even out performs it in some games, the 3090 which was barely any difference than the 3080 has become significantly better in performance across the board

but it's still a good price, considering the 6800 XT which has basically the same performance was higher in price

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
My daughter is running out of space on her gaming pc and I'm looking to get her a 2tb SSD for it. Could I get some recommendations?

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
My daughter is running out of space on her gaming pc and I'm looking to get her a 2tb SSD for it. Could I get some recommendations?
Check in on that periodically.
Here's one. I'm not speaking on performance, just price
Code:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MFZXR1B

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Will any ssd be fine? Any benefits of external over internal outside of being portable?
Depends on the form factor of her current drive, if you're directly replacing it, or adding on. Is it an M.2 or SATA? Is there another M.2 slot available? Does the motherboard have extra SATA ports and available power,

Direct replacement is harder in that you need to get the files transferred over. Expansion is easy since it's just extra. Depending on how technical she is, I'd say internal over external just to immerse her in that world. If you're going to PC game then you might as well understand how to install components. If she just needs some backup storage space, then external.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Depends on the form factor of her current drive, if you're directly replacing it, or adding on. Is it an M.2 or SATA? Is there another M.2 slot available? Does the motherboard have extra SATA ports and available power,

Direct replacement is harder in that you need to get the files transferred over. Expansion is easy since it's just extra. Depending on how technical she is, I'd say internal over external just to immerse her in that world. If you're going to PC game then you might as well understand how to install components. If she just needs some backup storage space, then external.

It's this. Not PC literate, but I imagine it has a slot to add another harddrive in addition to its current 500gb one. I'll probably be handling the install as she's just a teen and doesn't seem to have much interest in doing stuff like this yet, though she'll probably sit down and watch me do it when it's time to put it in.

Which would be the better buy out of these two drives? The most intensive game she plays is probably genshin impact, and she dabbles in after effects, but it's just extremely simple animations atm. Is the samsung worth the $40 premium in the long run, or would she be fine with the crucial in the foreseeable future. She has a macbook air for all her photoediting and school assignments

Crucial P2 $139

Samsung 970 Evo $189

Last edited:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
It's this. Not PC literate, but I imagine it has a slot to add another harddrive in addition to its current 500gb one. I'll probably be handling the install as she's just a teen and doesn't seem to have much interest in doing stuff like this yet, though she'll probably sit down and watch me do it when it's time to put it in.

Which would be the better buy out of these two drives? The most intensive game she plays is probably genshin impact, and she dabbles in after effects, but it's just extremely simple animations atm. Is the samsung worth the $40 premium in the long run, or would she be fine with the crucial in the foreseeable future. She has a macbook air for all her photoediting and school assignments

Crucial P2 $139

Samsung 970 Evo $189
It's hard to tell what it has because the listing keeps the motherboard generic. I expect it only has one M.2 slot so you would have to replace and figure out how to clone the existing files over if you go with one of those drives. I've never done that before, someone else would have to speak up. An external or a SATA SSD would be a better bet. With the SATA the only issue I can think of is making sure you have a power cable for it.

Unfiltered

The Dan Bongino Show (Mon. – Fri. 12p-3p ET)
Daps
I need a cheap mid tower and mobo for a i5-10400

Dell crapped out, gonna build something cheap with these parts.

Any advice?