The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
aight so i know a little about PCs. when i get my taxes back i'm tryna build a PC using the Ryzen 7 5700g because it won't require a graphics card. What's a good motherboard to go with it that would allow me to use DDR4-3200 or even 3600 ram? I'm trying to stay around the $650 range with the whole build. I might go up to $700. This will mainly be a photoshop PC, but want to overpower that damn software. Photoshop like to crawl sometimes after they update that shyt.

Negro Caesar

Superstar
Daps
aight so i know a little about PCs. when i get my taxes back i'm tryna build a PC using the Ryzen 7 5700g because it won't require a graphics card. What's a good motherboard to go with it that would allow me to use DDR4-3200 or even 3600 ram? I'm trying to stay around the $650 range with the whole build. I might go up to $700. This will mainly be a photoshop PC, but want to overpower that damn software. Photoshop like to crawl sometimes after they update that shyt.
B550

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan
Finished my build last week
eSXLpnL.jpg

ciVAOYQ.jpg

welcome back to the only way to play games. Enjoy :wow:

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan
The O11 case is one of the best lookong cases ever but ill never get one. shyt is everywhere. I be on my hipster shyt with cases
I still regret using the h710 for my 2020 upgrade. Shoulda gotten something that was more unique with better airflow

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Don't tell me you leave your case on the floor :picard:

@CouldntBeMeTho
mU1k5pP.png
Lookin for an additional table for the corner so it can be shown off properly :ehh:

The O11 case is one of the best lookong cases ever but ill never get one. shyt is everywhere. I be on my hipster shyt with cases
I can definitely dig this sentiment as I had some of the same thoughts..but I always wanted a glass pane PC :wow:

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
I got a MX Keys for work mostly but I'm primarily using the Falchion until I get used to it.

Question for you all, I'm getting a Xbox controller so what's the recommendation for using a controller vs. a keyboard and mouse?

FPS - Keyboard and Mouse?
RPG - Controller?

I'm fairly new to all of this :patrice:
K&B for everything except fighting games and a few RPGs/Action games.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Like the solid color, i do the same with my rig. You got plenty of space too, it’ll be easy to maintain.

were you sweatin bullets seatin that Ryzen?
Breh. :francis:
I got a story behind that shyt.

This is my first time making a custom AMD build, but not my first time dealing with seating their processors. Initially, I wasnt really tripping on it as I'm well aware of the pitfalls and that you need to be relatively careful. No problems initially with the seating.

Unfortunately, my Lian Li AIO didnt arrive with the rest of the rig. So I had the stock cooler on there for a day. No big deal right?
Nah, big deal. Cause my ass assumed the processor lock actually LOCKS the damn CPU in place. So im pulling off the stock cooler, and the shyt yanks off due to the pressure I'm applying. Afterwards, I dropped the damn CPU cooler. Initially I'm not tripping cause fukk the stock cooler. Then I noticed the CPU was still stuck to it (due to the thermal paste) and the shyt landed DIRECTLY on the pins. :dwillhuh:Cant make this shyt up :mindblown:

So I spend the next 30 mins painstakingly examining the pins thru a lens, and found some bent ones. In the end, I had one pin that gave me an issue and the shyt is nearly stressed to breakage. Tbh, I'm not even too keen on pulling and re-seating it again.

Long story short, I appreciate Intel's contact method more than AMD. You will deal with pins regardless, but mobos are often much cheaper to replace in case you fukk a pin up, AND the CPU actually is completely locked to the mobo with their design...

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
were you sweatin bullets seatin that Ryzen?

Breh. :francis:
I got a story behind that shyt.

This is my first time making a custom AMD build, but not my first time dealing with seating their processors. Initially, I wasnt really tripping on it as I'm well aware of the pitfalls and that you need to be relatively careful. No problems initially with the seating.
I took no care installing my 5950X :pachaha:

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Planning on upgrading my refurb'd Lenovo M81 to an SSD.

My plan is to keep the HDD as a backup drive and load the OS and most popular apps I use onto the SSD. I plan on replacing the optical drive w/ the SSD. Is this a tricky install and also how do I determine what size the caddy adapter should be??

Edit: Got a SATA SSD instead of the nVME since I have PCIe 2.0. I will just install the SSD in the expected location & remove the old HDD after copying the files over

Last edited: