The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
If I get a copy of windows on a usb drive or cd, then install a new ssd hard drive on a macbook, can I load windows on there like it's a windows pc or will the cpu or some other part of the macbook prevent that? It's an older macbook, not the newer ones with the M1 chip. Not sure what chip it has since its not visible.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
If I get a copy of windows on a usb drive or cd, then install a new ssd hard drive on a macbook, can I load windows on there like it's a windows pc or will the cpu or some other part of the macbook prevent that? It's an older macbook, not the newer ones with the M1 chip. Not sure what chip it has since its not visible.
Mac actually has a program called bootcamp to help you duel boot to windows

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Mac actually has a program called bootcamp to help you duel boot to windows
I heard about that program. Tempted to check it out. My mom gave me her old macbook since she wasn't using it but I'm not an Apple fan. She was interested in some new Mac 24 thing that looked to be just a monitor with the hardware inside the monitor instead of in a separate case. But I figured I would just buy some cheap upgradeable parts for the macbook like going from a 250gn hd to a 1tb ssd and the memory from 2 gb to 8 gb. Not as powerful as the mac 24 but an improvement still and see if that can hold her down for the time being or until the one she wants goes on sale. She got an iPhone and iPad already so she's more into the Apple ecosystem anyways. I just gotta install the new parts sometime this weekend.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I heard about that program. Tempted to check it out. My mom gave me her old macbook since she wasn't using it but I'm not an Apple fan. She was interested in some new Mac 24 thing that looked to be just a monitor with the hardware inside the monitor instead of in a separate case. But I figured I would just buy some cheap upgradeable parts for the macbook like going from a 250gn hd to a 1tb ssd and the memory from 2 gb to 8 gb. Not as powerful as the mac 24 but an improvement still and see if that can hold her down for the time being or until the one she wants goes on sale. She got an iPhone and iPad already so she's more into the Apple ecosystem anyways. I just gotta install the new parts sometime this weekend.
oh so an old Mac. so windows 10 will be supported till 2025 so unless she needs Mac OS give her that. if all she does is internet n YouTube tho id look into a linux distro, might be the best choice for her

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
whats the best VR setup coli brehs, i want to experince that shyt ,,??

I know they have oculus and I seen some that runs with a PC ,

I got an oculus quest that has both wireless and linked to pc. The rift is strictly connected to pc. I know they got the quest 2 that just recently came out but my quest still fairly new and not worth upgrading. If you get a quest, I'd recommend upgrading the usb cable cuz the one that comes with it wasn't as good from what I remember reading. Some games you can run thru the headset and others they the pc.

This subscription service a good one for games.

VIVEPORT Infinity | VR Games, Apps, & Videos.

There's a thread on vr somewhere in here. I just gotta put more use into mine cuz I been slacking lately.

This the cable I got.
Limited-time deal: Anker USB C Cable, Powerline USB 3.0 to USB C Charger Cable (10ft) with 56k Ohm Pull-up Resistor for Samsung Galaxy Note 8, S8, S8+, S9, Oculus Quest, Sony XZ, LG V20 G5 G6, HTC 10 and More

And this case.
Oculus Quest Case JSVER Carrying Case for Oculus Quest 1 VR Gaming Headset and Controllers Accessories Portable Hard Shell Protective Storage Case Oculus Quest Travel Case with Shoulder Strap (Black)