The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
Nah that was my last AMD card as well ironically. I’m speaking on in general. Lol.
I had a rtx 3080 fe i got last November. Gave it to my nieces with the build i did last year 3900x cpu and x570 mobo.

My new build is a 5900x, 6900xt and x570 dark hero mobo.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
1. why aint this thread stickied?

2. I did somethin stupid y'all. I was able to snag a 3080ti at msrp despite having a 2080ti with no plans of upgrading. however, with the gpu market now, im confident I can sell this older gpu for more than what I paid for the 2080ti:sas1:

since the 3000 series supports hdmi 2.1, time to hook my pc up to this lg oled. shoutout to my wireless corsair keyboard n mouse setup

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
You brehs been following the gigabyte exploding PSU fiasco? Looks like they're finally doing a sort of recall. I just got notice that I can either get it replaced or do a full refund. Any non exploding recommendations for modular 750W? :skip:

Corsair RM750x

Bruh I have a Red Devil 6800xt chillin for my spare PC and haven’t even installed it yet. I’m just hesitant as fukk when it comes to AMD. Lol.

AMD isn't your concern here. Your trouble is whether PowerColor as a brand is worth you being a beta tester for their cheap build quality. Their added HDMI 2.1 spec being worth the risk is up to you.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Corsair RM750x

AMD isn't your concern here. Your trouble is whether PowerColor as a brand is worth you being a beta tester for their cheap build quality. Their added HDMI 2.1 spec being worth the risk is up to you.
Their Red Devil series gets good reviews by literally every single tech reviewer. And they compliment their build quality. So..Is it that u don’t have experience with the brand or that u have had a bad experience? I have been building PCs for a long time. Haven’t done AMD since prolly 2011-2012. Strictly NVidia since then. But I have had an issue here n there with pretty much every 3rd party brand aside from MSI. And EVGA has the best customer service. This is for my spare build anyway. I still have my 2080ti build.

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
Their Red Devil series gets good reviews by literally every single tech reviewer. And they compliment their build quality. So..Is it that u don’t have experience with the brand or that u have had a bad experience? I have been building PCs for a long time. Haven’t done AMD since prolly 2011-2012. Strictly NVidia since then. But I have had an issue here n there with pretty much every 3rd party brand aside from MSI. And EVGA has the best customer service. This is for my spare build anyway. I still have my 2080ti build.

Of course people like them, under normal MSRP they'd be cheaper. The first run of Power Color GPUs had issues because of how cheaply made they were. Compare them to EVGA, Sapphire or ASUS build quality and the difference is easy enough to see. Funny you mention NVidia loyalty, I just breezed past a reviewer video this morning about why people are fans of them versus AMD GPUs when AMD is just as good in every regard. I don't pay any mind to the fanboyism.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Of course people like them, under normal MSRP they'd be cheaper. The first run of Power Color GPUs had issues because of how cheaply made they were. Compare them to EVGA, Sapphire or ASUS build quality and the difference is easy enough to see. Funny you mention NVidia loyalty, I just breezed past a reviewer video this morning about why people are fans of them versus AMD GPUs when AMD is just as good in every regard. I don't pay any mind to the fanboyism.
No. The Red Devil cards typically cost more MSRP regardless. I have been purchasing GPU's for a long time. I have had RMA issues with Gigagbyte, Sapphire, EVGA(RMA process is the BEST imo). etc etc. I haven't ran into any issues with MSI. But as far as Powercolor. People I really respect in the industry vouch for their Red Devil cards. Some even swear by them. I will see for myself. And as far as Nvidia. Has nothing to do with me being a fanboy. OBJECTIVELY. Nvidia has better and more stable drivers, better encoding when it comes to streaming and shyt like that hands down, better features, such as DLSS, etc etc. Better Raytracing because of the cores dedicated to it. AMD has better rasterization but Nvidia has GDDR6x which is better performance for 4K gaming and up. The gap is lessening but there's definitely alot of value in owning Nvidia over AMD if you wanna go that route. So you saying AMD is just as good in every regard is straight up cap.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
0rdyse58gbj71.jpg