The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
wtf. so ive been looking for the rtx 3070 cause obv, i aint getting the 3080 anytime soon. and why does nvida say it starts at $499, but all the cards I see are double the price. :gucci:
Because you're probably looking at scalpers or AIB cards. All the AIB cards are a couple hundred bucks more expensive. Only the Founders Edition cards have been priced at what Nvidia said. If you see them going for more then that's a reseller most likely.

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
Because you're probably looking at scalpers or AIB cards. All the AIB cards are a couple hundred bucks more expensive. Only the Founders Edition cards have been priced at what Nvidia said. If you see them going for more then that's a reseller most likely.
i didnt know they were that heavy on amazon. covid got these nikkas working overtime. i dont recall it being this bad a couple of years ago. shoes yea, but electronic was always kinda warm. this shyt is maxed out deep in the red. :picard: didnt this shyt come out in oct, its fukking jan. :mjtf:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
i didnt know they were that heavy on amazon. covid got these nikkas working overtime. i dont recall it being this bad a couple of years ago. shoes yea, but electronic was always kinda warm. this shyt is maxed out deep in the red. :picard: didnt this shyt come out in oct, its fukking jan. :mjtf:
Only way to get something at retail is to camp out in the evening and hope you can catch a drop. Newegg tends to have shyt drop at night, Amazon randomly. If you rely on notifications then you're already behind.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn...the price of the brick went up literally. Feel bad for cats that didn't get an ampere card at MSRP. Hopefully the tariff situation is figured out before the 4000 series because they're gonna be killing us when that shyt comes out.

FYI GPU aibs where excluded from tariffs for their parts. That exclusion ended recently...so that's why the prices have gone up. This is the only time trickle down economics actually comes into play when it fukks over regular folk.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Damn...the price of the brick went up literally. Feel bad for cats that didn't get an ampere card at MSRP. Hopefully the tariff situation is figured out before the 4000 series because they're gonna be killing us when that shyt comes out.

FYI GPU aibs where excluded from tariffs for their parts. That exclusion ended recently...so that's why the prices have gone up. This is the only time trickle down economics actually comes into play when it fukks over regular folk.

With the success of scalper prices combined with this the 4000 prices are likely doomed already

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
People need to exercise some damn self control and not buy from scalpers.

I gave up that fight. If the past yr solidified anything for me, ppl gonna do exactly wtf they wanna do regardless :pachaha: I won't ever be paying scalper prices on a fukkin PC component, let alone one in active production. Scarcity or no. But ppl who wanna spend that extra are gonna spend it

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I gave up that fight. If the past yr solidified anything for me, ppl gonna do exactly wtf they wanna do regardless :pachaha: I won't ever be paying scalper prices on a fukkin PC component, let alone one in active production. Scarcity or no. But ppl who wanna spend that extra are gonna spend it
A fool and their money man. shyt I hardly wanna pay retail, fukk I look like paying twice that :mjlol:

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
Only way to get something at retail is to camp out in the evening and hope you can catch a drop. Newegg tends to have shyt drop at night, Amazon randomly. If you rely on notifications then you're already behind.
i expected the rtx 3080. that was going to be a given. but the rtx 3070 too? :mjtf:

at least the 3060 ti is at market price but i dont want that entry level . :camby:

MMA

Superstar
Daps
i expected the rtx 3080. that was going to be a given. but the rtx 3070 too? :mjtf:

at least the 3060 ti is at market price but i dont want that entry level . :camby:
3070 has more demand. It'll be the hardest card to buy out of all 7 recent card launches.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
wtf. so ive been looking for the rtx 3070 cause obv, i aint getting the 3080 anytime soon. and why does nvida say it starts at $499, but all the cards I see are double the price. :gucci:

Those are scalpers, you can't buy cards directly from NVIDIA anymore they are all sold out and probably won't get anymore Founders Edition card

this is how GPUS are, the 1080ti released at 699, but most people ended up buying it for 899, or even 1000

GPUs will always be scarce its a niche market, probably won't find a 3080 at msrp until the fall or early next year same with all the 30 series not just the 3080

might as well buy a bot and try to get that 3080ti when it drops, but scalper prices will come down eventually

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Was going to build a new pc. Might still do it but I'm not supporting any scalpers. I would rather not build one:camby:

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
Those are scalpers, you can't buy cards directly from NVIDIA anymore they are all sold out and probably won't get anymore Founders Edition card

this is how GPUS are, the 1080ti released at 699, but most people ended up buying it for 899, or even 1000

GPUs will always be scarce its a niche market, probably won't find a 3080 at msrp until the fall or early next year same with all the 30 series not just the 3080

might as well buy a bot and try to get that 3080ti when it drops, but scalper prices will come down eventually
im trying to build this ....but with a 3070 cause theres no way i can find a 3080 on this island

it looked like it would be in the 2k range, but with these scalpers......
full