The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
10 should still be enough it probably just allocates 12gb because you never use as much vram as it says it’s just put aside to draw in when needed

the 3080 and 3090 has gddr6x which is faster than ggdr6 on the amd cards
yep, some games will allocate whatever vram is available, but that doesn't mean the game really needs it

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Dunno what the fukk happened with Amazon. Product wasn't searchable for a little while, then when it was, the app redirected to the main page while the website had something about notify when in stock. Then eventually I could get to it on the app but couldn't add to cart. Then I could add to to my cart but it immediately went to the buy it later part of the cart, talmbout it's unavailable. I keep going back to the product page and eventually Buy it Now appears, but I get the same thing :skip:. Then the shyt was out of stock :mjlol:. Of all vendors, Amazon shouldn't have these problems. The graphics card launch is going to be just as shyt once again :snoop:. People who use bots need to be dragged out into the streets and shot.

Threnody

Superstar
Daps
10700K and 2060 Super for the next six months until things mellow out

Glad I sold my old Ryzen+ rig for a good price before Zen 3 dropped
The used market on them old Ryzen CPU's with those low ass single core counts is about it get real :mjpls:

Romell

Superstar
Daps
What should have been a simple PSU & GPU swap yesterday turned into my PC not booting(faulty pci-e wire). I got it swapped out, after hours of debugging, and started testing the card and restoring my cpu/ram overclocks. Fired up AC: Odyssey and got BSOD. Bios couldn't' detect any of my drives, turns out the ssd with my windows install got nuked. All-in-all I basically rebuilt and rewired my entire system, plus reinstalling Windows and all my apps.

What a night brehs :to:

Negro Caesar

Superstar
Daps
What should have been a simple PSU & GPU swap yesterday turned into my PC not booting(faulty pci-e wire). I got it swapped out, after hours of debugging, and started testing the card and restoring my cpu/ram overclocks. Fired up AC: Odyssey and got BSOD. Bios couldn't' detect any of my drives, turns out the ssd with my windows install got nuked. All-in-all I basically rebuilt and rewired my entire system, plus reinstalling Windows and all my apps.

What a night brehs :to:
Damn. I think I would have cried a little

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Any luck with the AMD chips today folks?

I ain't get shyt :francis:

All I want is a 5900X :mjcry:

Nope...I finally got my 3070 and everything else to finish my build and struck out today. I just saw alot of sites drop the 3900 down 100 dollars so I think ima just go with that and upgrade next gen chips

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Any luck with the AMD chips today folks?

I ain't get shyt :francis:

All I want is a 5900X :mjcry:
I got a lucky ass guest order in with B&H for a 5950 but I'm just a bit on edge that maybe I didn't get it in before stock ran out, and the system is playing a cruel trick on me. That's why I wanted to get it in with Amazon because I'd feel a little more comfortable. But like I mentioned, they were on some shyt this morning to where it was both in stock and unavailable while I had it in my cart and tried to check out. I'm not going to be satisfied until I get that shipping confirmation even though they already have pending charges on my card.