The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
F99-FAD24-635-C-4640-A6-F7-4-FDC78-FAD07-F.jpg

finally it’s here, I have no games tho.. gonna install game pass and play some halo in the meantime

Looks good man.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
PC fam, I learned something about USB cables that I should have known, speeds can vary. Some time ago I bought a Drobo 5C Direct Attached Unit (USB 3.0), for some reason I was getting slow write speeds, 40MB/s, I'm wondering like :wtf:. My MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wfi MB has multiple USB 3.1 and 3.2 SuperSpeed ports all over the back.

Did some googling and came across a program called USB Device Tree Viewer

USB Device Tree Viewer

Found out my fast USB Type C cables was only good for 480Mb/s - 60MB/s aka USB 2.0 speeds. The way I found this in the viewer was the Supported USB Protocols area, knowing the device can run at USB 3.0 (5 Gb/s or 625 MB/s) speeds. Swapped out the cable for a USB SuperSpeed one, problem solved. If yall buying cables from Amazon or any retailer check the data speed ratings. Might not be a big deal, however when you are transfering large amounts of data this could dramatically make a difference in how much time it takes.

drobo5C-USB.jpg