The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
Why talk about tomorrow when RDNA2 is today?
that shyt dont come out in my country until 11.6

but you're right folks have been kind of quiet about this too. then again nvidia, imo, is more popular. just like the ps5 thread is going to be bigger than the xbox thread. watch.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I have a 3080 :yeshrug:.. Was gonna get the 3090 but the small 10% gain doesn't seem to be worth it. I will monitor it though because the vram might become useful since both next gen consoles have 16gb vram

That’s basically all RAM shared not like on PC. Add your system RAM in the equation

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

but you're right folks have been kind of quiet about this too. then again nvidia, imo, is more popular. just like the ps5 thread is going to be bigger than the xbox thread. watch.

The presentation is today at 12 EDT. Y’all better broaden y’all horizons :wow: y’all saw what they did to Intel with Ryzen. fukk a popular thread I wanna see the numbers in the card not the number of replies :russ:

Last edited:

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
The presentation is today at 11. Y’all better broaden y’all horizons :wow: y’all saw what they did to Intel with Ryzen. fukk a popular thread I wanna see the numbers in the card not the number of replies :russ:
oh i agree. im in southeast asia. so its gonna be awhile for it to hit this island (damn rona). ive been eyeballing the card but until I see them drop a price :camby:

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The presentation is today at 12 EDT. Y’all better broaden y’all horizons :wow: y’all saw what they did to Intel with Ryzen. fukk a popular thread I wanna see the numbers in the card not the number of replies :russ:

Ryzen took several generations to become "Ryzen". AMD cards were shyt recently. They need to build up goodwill especially on the driver end of things. I ain't tryna deal with blue screen driver fukkery.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea some youtuber was explaining that yesterday but he said there's a chance we go over 10 vram since all amd cards are shipping with 16.

The AMD's have GGDR6 and the 3080 uses GGDR6x, so they are using slower cheap ram that's why its more

games don't use a lot ram, the 3090 has 24 ram because its for 8k

Only way you are going to use over 10gb of ram is if you turn everything on ultra that that use VRAM and turn the rendering scaling up 200% while having the resolution at 4k, which is basically just 8k

plus when you run out a vram, they just get the difference from your system ram, which why gaming PCs must have at least 16gb system ram

Daps

There's nothing to watch. The PS5 thread is already bigger than the Xbox thread. This forum has way more Sony stans than Xbots.

And Nvidia is more popular than AMD to the point that people will still buy Nvidia over AMD even if the AMD cards benchmark better than Nvidia

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ryzen took several generations to become "Ryzen". AMD cards were shyt recently. They need to build up goodwill especially on the driver end of things. I ain't tryna deal with blue screen driver fukkery.

I know that. They have to start somewhere

Representar

All Star
Daps
AMD going all out :whoo: still probably getting a 3070 though I don't want to deal with AMD's shytty drivers :scust:

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I assume Nvidia cards are better by themselves but considering the popularity of the Ryzen series if you get a 5000 Ryzen the best CPU's on the market than you'll be close to or surpassing the competition with that smart access shyt. Next cycle Nvidia is gonna have to step their game up.