The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think my damn monitor is going out(MSI Optix MAG341CQ). I bought this late last year and I'm having issues where every so often the screen just goes black and I have to turn off/on to get an image again. Sometimes the screen gets distorted and the colors and pixels get all warped. I tried different ports and cables and so far nothing. :snoop:

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I think my damn monitor is going out(MSI Optix MAG341CQ). I bought this late last year and I'm having issues where every so often the screen just goes black and I have to turn off/on to get an image again. Sometimes the screen gets distorted and the colors and pixels get all warped. I tried different ports and cables and so far nothing. :snoop:
Had this issue before...except it was my graphics card. Had to RMA it.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
:skip: It's a PC, just install a bigger SSD when you have the funds.

The deal expired anyway though
256 will cover OS and a few basic things, but no major programs, games, etc., so you'll get the benefit for basic OS tasks, browsing and such, but as soon as you touch the physical drive, you're back to slow HDD speed, which negates the point.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Had this issue before...except it was my graphics card. Had to RMA it.
U were getting this issue?

My last monitor(Dell 27inch 144hz) would randomly black out for a second every so often. Now this monitor just goes black and has to be turned off and on or it goes weird like in the video.

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
256 will cover OS and a few basic things, but no major programs, games, etc., so you'll get the benefit for basic OS tasks, browsing and such, but as soon as you touch the physical drive, you're back to slow HDD speed, which negates the point.

Speaking as a photo & video editor who owns a mountain of external HDDs and as someone with a large media collection, it's pretty simple to install the setup I already have which is the boot SSD drive + an internal 1TB SSD, an internal 2 TB HDD and an internal 4TB HDD. Unless you're uncomfortable with opening up the computer to install extra storage I don't see why there's a problem with buying the pre-build for the CPU/GPU/MB/PSu knowing you can upgrade the storage to whatever you want it to be.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Speaking as a photo & video editor who owns a mountain of external HDDs and as someone with a large media collection, it's pretty simple to install the setup I already have which is the boot SSD drive + an internal 1TB SSD, an internal 2 TB HDD and an internal 4TB HDD. Unless you're uncomfortable with opening up the computer to install extra storage I don't see why there's a problem with buying the pre-build for the CPU/GPU/MB/PSu knowing you can upgrade the storage to whatever you want it to be.
You didn't say anything about having those other drives already. :yeshrug:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
After a ton of updates, and waiting for things to finally get fixed, RDR2 runs flawlessly on my pc. I gotta go 1440p with a mixture of ultra and high, to get around 60fps, but it looks fabulous. :blessed:

I just got outta the snow too. :blessed:

I’m about to have a lot of fun. I never played the console version, in hopes for a better pc experience, and now I finally have it:blessed:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
After a ton of updates, and waiting for things to finally get fixed, RDR2 runs flawlessly on my pc. I gotta go 1440p with a mixture of ultra and high, to get around 60fps, but it looks fabulous. :blessed:

I’m about to have a lot of fun. I never played the console version, in hopes for a better pc experience, and now I finally have it:blessed:
What was going on?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
What was going on?
Black screen, wouldn’t load past the loading screen. I couldn’t even benchmark. I was pissed off about it after trying everything to get the game to work. I stopped trying a month or so ago. I randomly booted it up a couple of days ago and it worked finally. :blessed:

I don’t know what happened, why it works now, etc, but I’m loving the game :blessed:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Black screen, wouldn’t load past the loading screen. I couldn’t even benchmark. I was pissed off about it after trying everything to get the game to work. I stopped trying a month or so ago. I randomly booted it up a couple of days ago and it worked finally. :blessed:

I don’t know what happened, why it works now, etc, but I’m loving the game :blessed:
Dope. What kinda set up u got right now?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

That game sounds ultra demanding. It looks weird seeing you say "1440P 60fps :blessed:" What is this 2014? :scust:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
That game sounds ultra demanding. It looks weird seeing you say "1440P 60fps :blessed:" What is this 2014? :scust:
Yeah, it's kinda ridiculous, but Rockstar is known for this shyt. The game looks very good, and is technically amazing in the amount of detail and draw distance present (it's the best I've ever seen in any game). Other games look "better," like Modern Warfare (which looks a lot better, especially with real-time ray-tracing), but RDR2 is much more technically demanding. It renders grass, trees, dirt, flowers, animals, people, lighting, etc to a much higher degree. You can look into the distance for miles and still see high quality rendered trees and landscapes. If RDR2 had ray-tracing, it would obviously look better, but I shutter at how hard it would be to run though :huhldup:

But yeah, releasing a game that can't reach anywhere near 60fps, ultra, 4K with the most powerful gpu is pretty crazy. I guess we'll have to see how it runs on the 3080ti. THough I think we're gonna need more than a generational jump to get 4K, ultra, 60, nevertheless 120/144 :patrice: