The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
It runs everything i throw at it even if i gotta dial the settings down a bit. But i do notice fps drops while streaming and gaming at the same time.
Hmm I can’t imagine that will be an issue even if it’s a 4th gen cpu at 1080P. SSD and everything else looks good?

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Hmm I can’t imagine that will be an issue even if it’s a 4th gen cpu at 1080P. SSD and everything else looks good?

Yea. If u got any ideas that would make it not lag im all ears. I dont want to spend money if i dont have too lol.

I did read that OBS uses alot of CPU power and i could get away with using shadowplay to stream and it would probably be perfect. But with shadowplay i cant use twitch alerts and overlays. :sadcam:

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
I'm typing this rn from my new MSI GP63 428 :blessed:

The design is sleek af and surprisingly it weighs almost nothing for having a full 1070 gtx under the hood :ohhh:

The screen is bright and it actually doesn't look significantly worse than my ASUS PB27AQ, I could actually color grade photos on this :ohhh:

I'm installing GTA5 rn, we gon see what that frame rate about :shaq:

That power brick though... shyt is literally longer than my hand and weighs more than the laptop itself :picard:

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
It maintained a consistent 120fps on the GTA 5 benchmark :whoo: Played it for an hour on ultra settings in first person mode and it was smooth af. This was my first time playing GTA 5 in FPS mode, driving around the city is crazy dope and the level of environmental/pedestrian detail is :ohhh:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Brehs, what game controllers support Xinput over Bluetooth? The only 1 I can think of is the SteelSeries Stratus XL. But I dislike that the Stratus XL controller uses regular batteries instead of being rechargeable. What other game controllers are out there that support xinput over bluetooth?

Last edited:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Brehs, what game controllers support Xinput over Bluetooth? The only 1 I can think of is the Steelseries Stratus XL. But I dislike that the Stratus XL controller uses regular batteries instead of being rechargeable. What other game controllers are out there that support xinput over bluetooth?
uh... the xbox one controller

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Im looking for a new processor, im thinking of the I7 but do I have to get a I7 to get the full capabilities out of my 1080? there are still soe good i5's out there Intel - Core i5-8600K 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor (BX80684I58600K) - PCPartPicker or is this one not all that?
it is what it is: the i7 is better, and more expensive

index.php

I think that i5 8600K should be 'good enough' for most gaming needs, especially with a good overclock

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Brehs, what game controllers support Xinput over Bluetooth? The only 1 I can think of is the SteelSeries Stratus XL. But I dislike that the Stratus XL controller uses regular batteries instead of being rechargeable. What other game controllers are out there that support xinput over bluetooth?
uh... the xbox one controller
:yeshrug: I grew up on PlayStation so I refuse to buy gamepads that use diagonal sticks with the D-pad in the middle like the Xbox controllers do. I'm leaning towards buying the GameSir G3s or GameSir T1s & figuring out a workaround.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
:yeshrug: I grew up on PlayStation so I refuse to buy gamepads that use diagonal sticks with the D-pad in the middle like the Xbox controllers do. I'm leaning towards buying the GameSir G3s or GameSir T1s & figuring out a workaround.
Why not use a PS4 controller?

How to use a PS4 controller on PC | PC Gamer

I haven’t tried it personally, but I have stumbled across some people on other gaming sites that use a DS4 :yeshrug:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Why not use a PS4 controller?

How to use a PS4 controller on PC | PC Gamer

I haven’t tried it personally, but I have stumbled across some people on other gaming sites that use a DS4 :yeshrug:
Official PlayStation & Xbox controllers always cost more than quality 3rd-party controllers, whether you're buying them new or used. Besides, I don't want to have to the trouble of memorizing which PlayStation button corresponds with the Xbox buttons.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Official PlayStation & Xbox controllers always cost more than quality 3rd-party controllers, whether you're buying them new or used. Besides, I don't want to have to the trouble of memorizing which PlayStation button corresponds with the Xbox buttons.
I can appreciate wanting to save some money, but you use a controller with almost every game. Why not splurge a bit on an official one, or a 3rd party one in the configuration you want? It seems to me that you’ll get your money worth very quickly. My Nvidia shield came with this and it’s pretty good, and it has the DS configuration you like:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nvidia...VEtvACh2ugwMmEAQYAyABEgLGiPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

MMA

Superstar
Daps

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Hows the build going :damn:
Not very good :francis:. I, unfortunately, have Shingles and I have very bad nerve pain from it. Plus, I’m all dizzy from the medicine. So I’m pretty worthless at the moment :mjcry:

But, my brother is coming to town on Tuesday, and we’re gonna finish it up this week. He’s never built a computer before, so he’s excited to watch and learn. Plus, I can have him help with the bends. :win: