The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

LurkerLost1

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NC
I drain my loops every 6 months or so, fully clean my build (clean the blocks and clean out the loop) once a year
Never had a leak in 5 years

Good deal, I like to check my fittings for leaks at least once a month and clean the dust from radiators. After the first scare and seeing how loose the XSPC rotary parts were i swapped to alphacool rotaries and haven't worried as much. Tear down is about the same for me especially since I an running dyed distilled water.

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Good deal, I like to check my fittings for leaks at least once a month and clean the dust from radiators. After the first scare and seeing how loose the XSPC rotary parts were i swapped to alphacool rotaries and haven't worried as much. Tear down is about the same for me especially since I an running dyed distilled water.
:picard: Wished I valued my money like that :russ:

Hardline tubes? I would only be able to deal with that with soft line tubes

LurkerLost1

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NC
:picard: Wished I valued my money like that :russ:

Hardline tubes? I would only be able to deal with that with soft line tubes

I have hard tubes but not using them until I get my preordered 2080ti and a waterblock, pending benchmarks. Trust me i am not tearing this thing down fully when i check the fittings. Visual inspection and making sure I see no fluid at the weak points and some canned air. Since i have vertical GPU mount i can see when my block gets clogged and know when i need to clean the blocks.

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Got an old laptop Dell e6440, crapping out on me maybe someone knows a fix. Either the battery or the charger messed up a while ago since the battery won't charge but i was always able to use it plugged in just fine.
Since today it runs very slowly out of nowhere and the sound is very crackling and tiny, video stutters.System restore points won't complete the process. I already tried refreshing windows (keeping files) but the problem is still there. I'm trying to update windows now after reinstalling. I understand there may be a setting in the bios that "saves power" but i can't get into bios just yet to try it since it's updating.

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Got an old laptop Dell e6440, crapping out on me maybe someone knows a fix. Either the battery or the charger messed up a while ago since the battery won't charge but i was always able to use it plugged in just fine.
Since today it runs very slowly out of nowhere and the sound is very crackling and tiny, video stutters.System restore points won't complete the process. I already tried refreshing windows (keeping files) but the problem is still there. I'm trying to update windows now after reinstalling. I understand there may be a setting in the bios that "saves power" but i can't get into bios just yet to try it since it's updating.
Create a backup, go buy 2 thumb drives and use both to back up your files, you can also use google drive or dropbox but that's leaving your information in cloud

If it runs with it plugged in, it's the battery. Check to see if your performance is set to low performance because of battery issue.
:martin: I hate these forced win 10 updates.
Get on this linux wave :mjgrin:

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Create a backup, go buy 2 thumb drives and use both to back up your files, you can also use google drive or dropbox but that's leaving your information in cloud

If it runs with it plugged in, it's the battery. Check to see if your performance is set to low performance because of battery issue.

When I get the fund to build a computer, it will be the first install :mjgrin:

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

That does seem to be the issue, i took out the battery and let it sit out overnight. Put it back in, still doesn't charge but the laptop does recognize it again and now it runs at full speed again.

MMA

Superstar
Daps

Makes since

I said it, they are attempting to get rid of all of those mining cards they never sold. 300K cards smh. 2080 is officially a flop card, they won't give us 2070 until end oct/nov

I'm happy watching Intel and Nvidia struggle, they deserve it corporate greed when you are the market leader

2018 GPP to stop AMD from owning what? 10% of the market smh :scust:
2018 Intel using toothpaste for their cpu :scust:

That does seem to be the issue, i took out the battery and let it sit out overnight. Put it back in, still doesn't charge but the laptop does recognize it again and now it runs at full speed again.
Buy a new battery and start to plan to replace it entirely

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I started using Chrome to read the coli, cause FF fukks up embedded tweets with NoScript on. I did that for a week and got a goddamn virus. :beli:

I know it came from the coli, because I don’t use Chrome for literally anything else. Back to FF and annoying NoScript when in the coli :francis: