The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

MMA

Superstar
Daps
:wtf:

Your prices are way lower than what those passp are going for.

I say it's a fair price for the build.
What crack head you buying your parts from?

No it's not go on hardwareswap and see what people are offering buyers for these parts.

I'm the used expert here :mjgrin: Nobody is paying for that price, seller is crazy and knows it

Okay you can add like 60 for cpu/mobo. But when someone is hoping to sell a full build you have the leverage that pc is not worth anything more than 500 dollars.

Disrespect my input :scust: Y'all gonna learn

System Builder - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB GAMING, SPEC-01 RED ATX Mid Tower - PCPartPicker - this is brand new, that buyer has 2 year old part's he is out of his mind. Now I'm saying you shouldn't pay for anything over 450

Last edited:

Negro Caesar

Superstar
Daps
Conflicting opinions. HmmMm. Would a 1200 dollar budget build me a good mid tier pc? And if so what do u guys recommend I do? I’m new to this PC shyt.

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Conflicting opinions. HmmMm. Would a 1200 dollar budget build me a good mid tier pc? And if so what do u guys recommend I do? I’m new to this PC shyt.
If you listen to me you can buy a top of the line build for 1200 (including a 1080 ti). What state are you from? Any microcenter close by? Expecting to build it yourself?

Negro Caesar

Superstar
Daps
If you listen to me you can buy a top of the line build for 1200 (including a 1080 ti). What state are you from? Any microcenter close by? Expecting to build it yourself?
I live in Cali. And im Down to listen. What are your specs out of curiousity?

MMA

Superstar
Daps
I live in Cali. And im Down to listen. What are your specs out of curiousity?
hardwareswap: search results - [USA-ca] 1080 ti

Buy and find a 1080 ti for 450-500 (for the best cards strix, msi trio etc). Here's an example use either one tell the people on craigslist to show you current proof that the cards work and the card is identified has a 1080 ti.

-
- los angeles for sale "1080 ti" - craigslist

What form factor do you want? Small PC, Big, doesn't matter? What kind of games and other software activities do you plan on doing?

I suggest you go to microcenter spend 800 dollars on a i5 8400 w/ h370 or i5 8600k w/ z370 board
or a cheaper ryzen 5 2600x w/ b450 or z470 with 16gb of ram, buy a samsung 860 500gb ssd, 1-2tb hdd, whatever case you want and get a 650w powersupply fully modular or semi modular.
Your best bet is to go to microcenter in California.

Example 1: System Builder - Core i5-8600K 3.6GHz 6-Core, GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB AMP Edition, Define Nano S Mini ITX Desktop - PCPartPicker
Example 2: System Builder - Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6GHz 6-Core, GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB AMP Edition, Define Nano S Mini ITX Desktop - PCPartPicker

You also need to buy a monitor which should be your first purchase. You want a high refresh rate monitor. Atleast a 1440p gsync monitor or a 4K gsync monitor.

Last edited:

LurkerLost1

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NC
hardwareswap: search results - [USA-ca] 1080 ti

Buy and find a 1080 ti for 450-500 (for the best cards strix, msi trio etc). Here's an example use either one tell the people on craigslist to show you current proof that the cards work and the card is identified has a 1080 ti.

-
- los angeles for sale "1080 ti" - craigslist

What form factor do you want? Small PC, Big, doesn't matter? What kind of games and other software activities do you plan on doing?

I suggest you go to microcenter spend 800 dollars on a i5 8400 w/ h370 or i5 8600k w/ z370 board
or a cheaper ryzen 5 2600x w/ b450 or z470 with 16gb of ram, buy a samsung 860 500gb ssd, 1-2tb hdd, whatever case you want and get a 650w powersupply fully modular or semi modular.
Your best bet is to go to microcenter in California.

Example 1: System Builder - Core i5-8600K 3.6GHz 6-Core, GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB AMP Edition, Define Nano S Mini ITX Desktop - PCPartPicker
Example 2: System Builder - Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6GHz 6-Core, GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB AMP Edition, Define Nano S Mini ITX Desktop - PCPartPicker

You also need to buy a monitor which should be your first purchase. You want a high refresh rate monitor. Atleast a 1440p gsync monitor or a 4K gsync monitor.

That Ebay deal yesterday would have been a great time to get a decent gpu. They had 1080 tis at mid 5 and 1070tis under 300.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Hellblade Sensua VR is really good. It’s probably the best looking game in VR. The game is a perfect fit for VR too. :ehh:

so let me ask you, did you consider the psvr before you bought the one you have? if so why did you choose that one over psvr

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
so let me ask you, did you consider the psvr before you bought the one you have? if so why did you choose that one over psvr
I actually have a Vive, Rift and a PSVR :hubie:

The Rift is my favorite, as it has the best exclusives and the best controllers. The Vive has shytty controllers and takes up too much space. The PSVR is only good for Farpoint and RE7

Rayzah

Daps
I actually have a Vive, Rift and a PSVR :hubie:

The Rift is my favorite, as it has the best exclusives and the best controllers. The Vive has shytty controllers and takes up too much space. The PSVR is only good for Farpoint and RE7
interesting:patrice: I saw the Vive has fallout 4 and the psvr has skyrim they say skyrim vr is good.. All the youtube videos I saw (2) said the vive was the best. what games does the rift have? I just blindly bought a psvr thinking they would have the best games by default :snoop: I know better

and :damn: at you having all three, you are a real life 6 cert 6 figures coli dude huh

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
interesting:patrice: I saw the Vive has fallout 4 and the psvr has skyrim they say skyrim vr is good.. All the youtube videos I saw (2) said the vive was the best. what games does the rift have? I just blindly bought a psvr thinking they would have the best games by default :snoop: I know better

and :damn: at you having all three, you are a real life 6 cert 6 figures coli dude huh
Hahaha...I do well, have no wife, no kids, and live in cheap ass Houston, which has no state income tax, so, needless to say, I have more disposable income than the average person :ehh:

The Rift has Chronos, Edge of Nowhere, Lone Echo, Robo Recall, and a bunch of other exclusives I can’t remember right now. Plus, it can play almost every Vive game too, through SteamVR. All those Bethesda games are on Steam VR, so they’re not exclusives.

The Vive is the best on paper. It has a higher resolution (if you have the Vive Pro), and has better cameras, but you need a bunch of space. I live in an apartment, so I don’t have extra space like people in houses do. My PSVR space is in front of my TV, and I play the Rift sitting down in front of my PC. I just don’t have the space in my home office for the Vive. I mean, I technically have enough space, but it’s cutting it close. I prefer to play games sitting down, so the Rift is perfect for that. The Vive also has trash controllers. I absolutely hate them.

The PSVR has the aim controller, which is definitely the best controller for VR FPS games. It’s kinda the only reason I have it plugged in still.

Rayzah

Daps
Hahaha...I do well, have no wife, no kids, and live in cheap ass Houston, which has no state income tax, so, needless to say, I have more disposable income than the average person :ehh:

The Rift has Chronos, Edge of Nowhere, Lone Echo, Robo Recall, and a bunch of other exclusives I can’t remember right now. Plus, it can play almost every Vive game too, through SteamVR. All those Bethesda games are on Steam VR, so they’re not exclusives.

The Vive is the best on paper. It has a higher resolution (if you have the Vive Pro), and has better cameras, but you need a bunch of space. I live in an apartment, so I don’t have extra space like people in houses do. My PSVR space is in front of my TV, and I play the Rift sitting down in front of my PC. I just don’t have the space in my home office for the Vive. I mean, I technically have enough space, but it’s cutting it close. I prefer to play games sitting down, so the Rift is perfect for that. The Vive also has trash controllers. I absolutely hate them.

The PSVR has the aim controller, which is definitely the best controller for VR FPS games. It’s kinda the only reason I have it plugged in still.

man I cant believe I didn't look into all of this, the Rift isn't even that expensive and it doesn't have the limitations of the PSVR, however I'm a enjoy RE and get the gun and play a FPS, then I'm a sell this shyt and get a rift