The Outer Worlds (PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch, PS5, PS4) (Spacer's Choice Edition releasing March 7, 2023)

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
What happened to this game? It comes out in 3 weeks and there's 0 buzz.:patrice:

I want it to be good because I loved New Vegas, but the combat/weapon system looks horrible and the environment looks dry and boring.:francis:

yea we less than a week away and its not getting the hype I thought it would, there is usually a stickied thread, a bunch of videos and some more for a Obsidian big open world rpg game.. what happened here?

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
its not on steam but it will be on the microsoft store, I guess MS owns this company?
Game was fully contracted and all that before MS bought them. Otherwise it would be MS exclusive. Whatever they arranged is how it is.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
yea we less than a week away and its not getting the hype I thought it would, there is usually a stickied thread, a bunch of videos and some more for a Obsidian big open world rpg game.. what happened here?

Relatively small marketing budget from the publisher I'm guessing. MS didnt buy them out until development was already underway so they're not doing the marketing/promo

My hopes for this game is that it does well enough as a AA title that Microsoft goes all in on the sequel since itll most likely be an exclusive IP moving forward

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If it’s available on PC Game Pass day one, I’ll go ahead and cop a subscription to try it out. New Vegas is still my favorite FO

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
I don't have much hope for this. The atmosphere looks bland, the weapons look bad, the combat looks boring, the companions look corny and straight out of tumblr, i don't care about graphics.

I like obsidian but the they need new/better talent. The people there can't make a fun game if their jobs depended on it, this looks like they didn't learn why people liked Fallout 3 over New Vegas and every other Fallout game.

giphy.gif

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
Based on the videos I have seen the game looks good and the gameplay seems interesting.

The only thing I don't like is the game is only in first person.

Last edited: