"The Other Black Girl" Official Hulu Trailer

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
This probably won't be a great adaptation, a lot of these books get the cheap and quick treatment from streaming services, especially this kind of content, was bought in 2020, after George Floyd, and now has kind of lost market value--- and with streaminglosing so much money and market share in the last 2 years, a lot of these are very good. Doesn't mean the book is bad, or the author is dumb, or whatever, a lot of the time it's just a way to leverage your work for more money and exposure.

Would point to a few, that I either read the books/or knew of the source material, and were unwatchable, not just weak, but objectively bad

Little Fires Everywhere
Bittersweet (
incredible, unwatchable series adaptation)
Luckiest Girl Alive (brilliant book, adaptation was unwatchable)

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Just started this. In the first 5 minutes they make a joke about getting hit in the head with a brick. How lucky is that? :dahell:

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
I'm a few minutes into episode one, there are strong Shea Butter Twitter vibes already, and of course
the main character is a bedwench.
. I'll finish the episode, but I sense a scene about the patriarchy coming.
:francis:
I gave it a chance, and we ended up binging the whole series. I won't spoil anything, but the series turned out pretty good, after all.
Solid B/B+

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
i think i'm close to the end of the season. It's a good show aside from the obvious zaddy shyt. But regardless, i like the show.

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Watched all the episodes, I am literally like :why:

So the make the black author woman the mastermind behind all this? What?
I am literally confused.

Is it a satire, because it was definitely not a horror. There was nothing scary about it.

I would say mid, watch it if you have nothing better to watch.

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I’m 6 episodes in and it’s decent but not one Black male character so far in sight. But they have the nerve to introduce “misogyny in the Black Panther Party” for a basis of a book, friends.

:camby:

Edit: Finally, a Black male character, friends.
:ehh:

Last edited: