The Orville - Star Trek Satire Comedy From Seth MacFarlane And Jon Favreau

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was really impressed by the premiere. It really did a good job diving into the complicated feelings the crew had about Isaac staying on board. I'm glad they dealt with this because that was one of the biggest problems I had with season two.

Also, surprising amount of gravitas in this episode. Not really any jokey moments aside from a few one-liners here and there. Definitely appreciated with such heavy subject matter they were dealing with.

My only real issue with the episode was the pacing was a little off, and I wonder if the whole season is going to be like this since the episodes are all over an hour without commercials. Some scenes could have easily been cut, like that scene with the little fighter jet, for instance. It looked cool, but was it really necessary? It served no purpose other than to point out that the new Ensign could see in multiple dimensions,

And this show has been on hiatus for three years, so I'm really curious what they're gonna do about Claire's sons. There was almost a year-long delay for them to finish filming. Ty should have been through puberty by that point. :mjtf:

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps
im a sucker for sci fi and trek

just started the first episode. i can definitely fukk with this. seth doesn't piss me off as much as i feel like he should, and it seems to take itself seriously outside the kinda shytty jokes, which i like. Let's see how it go.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
I was really impressed by the premiere. It really did a good job diving into the complicated feelings the crew had about Isaac staying on board. I'm glad they dealt with this because that was one of the biggest problems I had with season two.

Also, surprising amount of gravitas in this episode. Not really any jokey moments aside from a few one-liners here and there. Definitely appreciated with such heavy subject matter they were dealing with.

My only real issue with the episode was the pacing was a little off, and I wonder if the whole season is going to be like this since the episodes are all over an hour without commercials. Some scenes could have easily been cut, like that scene with the little fighter jet, for instance. It looked cool, but was it really necessary? It served no purpose other than to point out that the new Ensign could see in multiple dimensions,

And this show has been on hiatus for three years, so I'm really curious what they're gonna do about Claire's sons. There was almost a year-long delay for them to finish filming. Ty should have been through puberty by that point. :mjtf:
Like I was saying about Homelanders kid on the boys, every child actor ain't Brandon Stark from game of thrones or the kid that was on Gotham.

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps
im on the upvote downvote episode

i don't know how to feel about it. too on the nose or interesting? idk