The opiod crisis is now in the hood. Hip Hop should not be promoting this epidemic like its cool.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The shyt seriously hit home for me this year. This is some new shyt...Like when crack hit in the mid 80's. The issue I see is that pill popping is the "in" thing and it doesnt have a bad rep like K2 and bath salts. And thats the problem...I'm noticing in the hood that pill popping on opiods is the in thing....And thats terrible because its affecting Hip Hop in a way thats literally like saying doing heroin is cool now.

4 higlights this year that I can testify to:

- My sons 18 year old friend and next door neighbor od'd. And days before his death I overheard his mom yelling at him from the window about how he stole her pain killers.

- Me over hearing my homegirls 20 something daughter arguing with her baby daddy on her phone and putting him on blast about how he's addicted to xans and percs.

- On the street corner over hearing 2 teens in a rowdy looking bunch that looked like they were on their way to school talking about how they were on xans.

- This past Monday take day off from work...Hit up this early 20's something young thug I cop smoke from early that morning and when we link up I walk in his building and he's in the corner doing the dope fiend lean. I'm standing their like.

:ohhh:

His eyes half open with that dope fiend look. Mind you..I known this kid for a minute. Young get fly kid so seeing him like that threw me off for a second. I've seen dope fiends his age before but I'm 40 and seeing a 20 something young get fly Black man zoning to the current drug was an eye opener. So anyway....He's "coasting" while we do our transaction. I dont know whats what out in the streets so I just randomly ask "You on them percs?" He said it was xans and that if u just mobile it makes u sleepy thats why he was like that when I walked on him.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It's cyclic.. what do you think Heroin was doing int he 70s? :francis:

and notice how when it's in a black community it's an "epidemic"... like a virus in need of being stamped out. In the suburbs it's a "crisis" that can be helped.

Only difference is in the 70's wasn't no one singing about dope like its a cool thing. James Brown did a song called 'King Heroin' that was anti dope. Laid Back did the song in the 80's called "white horse" which was anti dope. Heroin always had a label that was negative amongst our media. In 2018, Hip Hop has been promoting opioids like its cool. This is some different shyt going in the wrong direction.

Jordan>>LeFrozen

It was written in the Bible
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Only difference is in the 70's wasn't no one singing about dope like its a cool thing. James Brown did a song called 'King Heroin' that was anti dope. Laid Back did the song in the 80's called "white horse" which was anti dope. Heroin always had a label that was negative amongst our media. In 2018, Hip Hop has been promoting opioids like its cool. This is some different shyt going in the wrong direction.
Breh, rappers have bragged about being gang bangers, drug dealers, murderers, hating women etc over the years. This genre for the past almost 30 years had its negative sides promoted.

Rappers openly bragged about selling crack in the aftermath of the crack epidemic having such a negative impact on the black community.

That being said, as someone who’s formerly addicted to Xans/Percs and other drugs,I myself am wary of this prescription drug era myself.

Last edited:

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Breh, rappers have bragged about being gang bangers, drug dealers, murderers, hating women etc over the years. This genre for the past almost 30 years had its negative sides promoted.

Rappers openly bragged about selling crack in the aftermath of the crack epidemic having such a negative impact on hip hop.

That being said, as someone who’s formerly addicted to Xans/Percs and other drugs,I myself am wary of this prescription drug era myself.

This is a case of Hip Hops undeniable influence. I didnt see this shyt in the hood until Hip Hop made it cool....Me being ex military the only time I ever saw my age group involved with pain killers was them military drug heads who were into trading pills. That shyt didnt hit the hood until recent and its not a coincidence that it hit the hood around the same time hip hop started promoting it like its cool.

Everything u have said about all the negative shyt hip hop has promoted is true....But this pill popping shyt is a new step in the wrong direction. Seeing these young cats doing dope fiend leans is not something I look forward to.

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
im yo momma im
yo daddy
im that nikka in the alley

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
This is weird because the new fiends get money and use the drug addiction as a floss since it's so expensive (lean)
Some dude was flossing recently talking about he poured a 4 in a 20oz. Like that's a floss financially but you basically telling us your addiction getting worse and worse and you upping the dose on some crackhead shyt

BaRRyG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NyC
The shyt seriously hit home for me this year. This is some new shyt...Like when crack hit in the mid 80's. The issue I see is that pill popping is the "in" thing and it doesnt have a bad rep like K2 and bath salts. And thats the problem...I'm noticing in the hood that pill popping on opiods is the in thing....And thats terrible because its affecting Hip Hop in a way thats literally like saying doing heroin is cool now.

4 higlights this year that I can testify to:

- My sons 18 year old friend and next door neighbor od'd. And days before his death I overheard his mom yelling at him from the window about how he stole her pain killers.

- Me over hearing my homegirls 20 something daughter arguing with her baby daddy on her phone and putting him on blast about how he's addicted to xans and percs.

- On the street corner over hearing 2 teens in a rowdy looking bunch that looked like they were on their way to school talking about how they were on xans.

- This past Monday take day off from work...Hit up this early 20's something young thug I cop smoke from early that morning and when we link up I walk in his building and he's in the corner doing the dope fiend lean. I'm standing their like.

:ohhh:

His eyes half open with that dope fiend look. Mind you..I known this kid for a minute. Young get fly kid so seeing him like that threw me off for a second. I've seen dope fiends his age before but I'm 40 and seeing a 20 something young get fly Black man zoning to the current drug was an eye opener. So anyway....He's "coasting" while we do our transaction. I dont know whats what out in the streets so I just randomly ask "You on them percs?" He said it was xans and that if u just mobile it makes u sleepy thats why he was like that when I walked on him.

Pull up to castle Hill breh, these lil nikkas love them pills... How the fukk u 21 with ED? shyt is wild bro