The only reason the Boondocks is funny is because Aaron grew up around all whites

Thick_Necc_Jenkins

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
I admit I'm kinda conflicted about the show in hindsight.

Mostly because I hate how c00ns and White people have weaponized certain aspects of it against the Black community. It's almost like the Chris Rock "nikkas vs. Black People" joke in show form.

I get sick of seeing "You know Uncle Ruckus makes some good points. I find myself agreeing a lot with him" in just about every comment section pertaining to the show.
Who ever agrees with Uncle Ruckus is a self loathing black person.

Ruckus was the extreme of self criticism. The dark side of being critical to the point of self loathing. I only agreed with Ruckus on the basis to do better, not the basis to side with whites and hate my people.

AngryBaby

All Star
Daps
the only people that can't laugh at even the damn boondocks are the nikkas that adhere to the stereotypes he makes fun of.

nikkas should be relating more to Huey than anyone else...buy this forum has alot of Riley's.

OP for example is not a Huey. He's a Riley. that's why he feels that way. riley's can't deal with shows like the boondocks, because the stereotype is real to them.

AngryBaby

All Star
Daps
There is some truth to this, I like the show, but it does carry a strong Black elitist sentimentality.
you only feel this way if you on some Riley shyt lol

Huey is Aaron. The black nerd, that doesn't quite fit in to a box. If that ain't you, then you're probably the other characters.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
It really comes down to us always being in a cycle oppression/2nd class citizens and then having a mirror held up to show our flaws. Mexicans and Asians can have that kind of boondocks portrayal because there wasn’t a systematic plan to delegitimize them like us.

AngryBaby

All Star
Daps
People at college said I was a Huey on The Boondocks.
yep. let me repeat again...

boondocks is made for Huey's.

alot of ya'll nikkas here are riley's and grandads. some of ya'll need to be aware of yourselves.

some of ya'll connect more with the nikkas Huey is observing than Huey himself. Should tell you where you stand lol

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Cedric the entertainment character was a c00n in the movie, anyhony Anderson and larenze Tate brother was c00ns, the nikka from save the last dance was a super c00n, and the movie promotered black women swirling cause not only was the Indian dude who owned the store with the atm had him a black woman, the Sean Paul looking nikka had him a black girl

Daps
the only people that can't laugh at even the damn boondocks are the nikkas that adhere to the stereotypes he makes fun of.

nikkas should be relating more to Huey than anyone else...buy this forum has alot of Riley's.

OP for example is not a Huey. He's a Riley. that's why he feels that way. riley's can't deal with shows like the boondocks, because the stereotype is real to them.
Great way to put it. Doesnt take a genius to see what’s going on in the black community. Just have to have a mind that expands further than your skin color or culture and unfortunately most of our people dont have that. They stay in the box that theyre comfortable in instead of expanding their minds

NoirDynosaur

Yurrrrrrrrrr
Daps
Reppin
Planet Earth
The Boondocks was a genius show

- nikka moments emphasized the petty instances black people are towards each other
- Uncle Ruckus portrayed how “c00ns” downplay other blacks while suck the dikk of white supremacy for the sake of external validation.
- Tom is the poster child of “black women don’t want me so I married a PAWG” archetype.
- Huey is Dr. Umar pro-black revolutionist. Encouraging for the plight and right of black people and
- Riley plays on the “Pookie and Ray Ray” stereotype.

It gave an insightful look on the black community
. The MLK episode highlighting the glorification of modern hood culture after the civil rights era

2pac was a example of a Huey and a Riley

His black panther roots paved the way for being a revolutionary

Pac portraying to be a gangster is what led to his downfall

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
The Boondocks was a genius show

- nikka moments emphasized the petty instances black people are towards each other
- Uncle Ruckus portrayed how “c00ns” downplay other blacks while suck the dikk of white supremacy for the sake of external validation.
- Tom is the poster child of “black women don’t want me so I married a PAWG” archetype.
- Huey is Dr. Umar pro-black revolutionist. Encouraging for the plight and right of black people and
- Riley plays on the “Pookie and Ray Ray” stereotype.

It gave an insightful look on the black community
. The MLK episode highlighting the glorification of modern hood culture after the civil rights era

2pac was a example of a Huey and a Riley

His black panther roots paved the way for being a revolutionary

Pac portraying to be a gangster is what led to his downfall
Why do y’all hate on pac