The Old Man (FX) Starring Jeff Bridges and John Lithgow. Don't sleep on this.

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Didn’t love the finale… I agree the show lost a lil steam after the first few episodes. I miss the dogs and the action scenes I didn’t see coming. I wasn’t too annoyed by the flashbacks because the young versions were well casted and acted and I think the flashbacks will probably work better on a 2nd watch. Still don’t get why Zoe was necessary but I’m assuming she was part of the book which I have to remind myself this show was based. It’s still a good show, just didn’t end as strong as I would have liked.

Roger king

Superstar
Daps
I am about to download episode 1 and start watching it will give reviews after ive watch it

Daps
This show was dope af for me.

One of my only gripes is around the twist, and illustrates why I think some shows/movies do themselves a disservice by seeking out a big twist instead of standing on the quality of the show…
They spend the entire season building up how attentive these people (Chase, Harper, Emily) are. The slightest tell and they can connect all these obscure dots. They’re great spies, yet they couldn’t spot the obvious clues pointing to Emily being Hamzad’s daughter:comeon:

Harper and Emily are in that storage room the lawyer asks about the seats then says “just two seats” or some shyt and my first thought was they had someone with them, most likey a child, and most likely baby Emily. It would be one thing if these were just normal people, but they’re supposed to be clairvoyant super spies. Now, I’ll give Emily a pass if this was part of her plan all along (i.e. she’s been trying to get back Hamzad all her life), but there’s no excuse for Harper.

And on Chase’s side, he should’ve known Hamzad was gonna go all out to her back, so why would he think a trade would’ve ever worked?

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
I watched this over the weekend nice surprise. It had some pacing issues but it was cool. Left me wanting more hopefully they comeback and tighten up.

Nice to see "maybe" from arrested development snap back into shape last time i saw her on something she looked like a :flabbynsick: lesbian auntie. I would also say she was the weak link on the acting tip. But she finally looking back right :shaq:

SwizzLake

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I like this show but am I the only one that don't give a FUKK about these flashback scenes?

i mean not a single fukk

Same for me. It ruined the show for me actually.

The show started very well, the first two were dope and then...it just went downhill midway.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Same for me. It ruined the show for me actually.

The show started very well, the first two were dope and then...it just went downhill midway.
Yea I didn't make it past episode 4. Flashbacks and the daughters bad acting took over the show

Last edited:

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Started off with a spark I was hooked after the first 2 episdoes, but I'm a hater :yeshrug:

Bunch of girl power agenda bullshyt:

* Badass trained assassin goes on a stealth mission and some dudes 80s Afghani wife tags along smoking Russian guards like she's Natasha Romanoff :rollseyes:
* Throw in the lead lesbian
* Old man can't even be a badass without getting coached by his dead wife (see Chernobyl)
* ZERO reason for him to drag with landlord along with him. You have to be a coli zero-count to be that thirsty. Completely forced
* When the housewife who can't even balance her damned checkbook all of a sudden decides to make a power play I threw in the towel, too goofy

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Started off with a spark I was hooked after the first 2 episdoes, but I'm a hater :yeshrug:

Bunch of girl power agenda bullshyt:

* Badass trained assassin goes on a stealth mission and some dudes 80s Afghani wife tags along smoking Russian guards like she's Natasha Romanoff :rollseyes:
* Throw in the lead lesbian
* Old man can't even be a badass without getting coached by his dead wife (see Chernobyl)
* ZERO reason for him to drag with landlord along with him. You have to be a coli zero-count to be that thirsty. Completely forced
* When the housewife who can't even balance her damned checkbook all of a sudden decides to make a power play I threw in the towel, too goofy
Where writers fukk up with the girl power shyt is they always overplay their hand to the point where shyt looks forced and gets in the way

At a certain point your writing can't help but to scream "Men ain't shyt and need women to show them how to do everything"

It's very pronounced when it's shoehorned into a trope as masculine as "Ex assasin on the run"