The Old Man (FX) Starring Jeff Bridges and John Lithgow. Don't sleep on this.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Horrible dialogue. Plus Alia Shawkat's acting is terrible in some parts.

This show fell off a fukking cliff. The first two episodes were good, third was ok, and then rest have been absolute dogshyt.
After how dope it started off this has to be one of the biggest fall offs in TV history. Reminds me of Lovecraft Country episode 1 to episode 2.
I don't disagree. The jon watts eps were the best and then it became a completely different show. The watch podcast was talking about how they also preferred it when it was a man on the run show.

Then it became more about flashbacks and all the awful scenes with the dead mom. I'll probably still tune into s2 thouugh. I found the finale underwhelming

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
The freckles thing was a plot. She set her instructor up, knowing that he would use when dude was in the room. She knew that you sat thru classes. The instructor probably meant no ill will.

The mother ain't nothing special. She was juxtaposition between two empires warring and took advantage of that.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I thought Jeff Bridges WAS "The Old Man". :manny:

It JUST now occurred to me that "The Old Man" actually has a triple meaning

-At first, we think Jeff Bridges is "The Old Man", for obvious reasons. In the pilot he looks like he's on the verge of going senile.
-Later we find another, even older character directly referred to as "The Old Man".
-But finally, in the finale, we find out
That Afgan warlord is literally Angela's "old man"

So, the common theme in the term "The Old Man" is that it refers to father figures in general.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
I like this show but am I the only one that don't give a FUKK about these flashback scenes?

i mean not a single fukk
I don't mind it at all since young Bridges, young Lithgow and young mom/Abbey Chase are all killing it :wow:

Could they have picked up the pacing a bit with flashbacks and also with the season finale reveal? Yes but it didn't detract from the show too much.