The Official XBOX WON Thread - News and Info

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
http://m.oxm.co.uk/64093/features/r...rtglass-on-xbox-one-is-natural-not-a-gimmick/

Robey was particularly eager to discuss the possibilities for video tutorials, doubtless mindful of official messaging around the Xbox One's DVR feature. "There's also the timeline. This is like a running strategy guide. People often look up YouTube guides for tips and help, but we handle all of that via DVR, automatically curate it, find key moments in gameplay and then highlight them for users.

"You can get videos at every point in the game - you can see who has uploaded it and basically have an entire strategy guide automatically built in. On top of these gameplay hits you can see your friends' details, what their achievements are and any basic game DVR that they've unlocked, all in a single central location."

Wow, if most games can implement features like this through smart glass :wow:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Improvements to Xbox Live and multiplayer :blessed:

Seriously if your getting a ps4 at launch.....your gonna end up like this once you finish killzone

815021264.gif

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
Killer Instinct Could 'Blow Up' According to Pro Fighter Justin Wong
Can Wong Factor Make KI a Hit?
by Vince Ingenito
October 14, 2013
Submit Tweet Share +1 Share
Evil Geniuses' Justin Wong has chimed in with some positive words about the upcoming Killer Instinct reboot.

With its modest launch line-up of six playable characters, and more planned down the line as DLC, some fans of the competitive fighting game scene have questioned whether Double Helix's Xbox One exclusive will find a home with the hardcore player-base. Justin's decade-long reign of terror in Marvel vs Capcom 2, and overall aptitude in a variety of modern fighters makes him what you might call an authority.

"Out of all the next-gen fighting games we currently know about, I think Killer Instinct has the biggest potential to blow up in the community," Wong said on Evil Geniuses' official site. "It's like a revival for the series." He goes on to cite Double Helix's willingness to give the community multiple opportunities to try the game, which has certainly been an omen for success since Capcom adopted the practice with Street Fighter 4 in 2009.

Some have pointed out that Killer Instinct's next-gen exclusivity may limit the degree of support it will see at major tournaments, where as many as 20-30 units are sometimes required to work through large, double-elimination brackets. Procuring equipment is one of many practical issues that tournament organizers have to solve in order to put on a successful event. This could explain why, despite his positive feelings about the game, Justin still believes that "...Xbox 360 and PS3 will be the main (Fighting Game Community) console for at least another year."

That said, community support has to start somewhere, and top players with big followings are taste-makers to legions of dedicated fans. Few have Mr. Wong's level of recognition, and he has shown a rare ability to break down and showcase fighting games at an early stage in their life. He single-handedly put Wolverine on the map in Marvel vs. Capcom 3, turning a character most had written off into one of the most over-used fighters in the game's early tournament life.

"You can look forward to me streaming some Killer Instinct this fall, though. That's for sure!" said Justin, who's looking to grab an Xbox One at launch. If he can work his magic and highlight its strengths to his audience, it could certainly go a long way towards the game gaining traction in competitive circles.

Do you think the Wong Factor is enough to make Killer Instinct take off? Sound off in the comments below!
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10...-blow-up-according-to-pro-fighter-justin-wong

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Respawn on Titanfall and breaking free of Call Of Duty's 'spawn-die-spawn-die loop'

http://edge-online.com/features/res...ee-of-call-of-dutys-spawn-die-spawn-die-loop/

“There were three core mechanics we wanted,” explains producer Drew McCoy. “Mobility, survivability and scale. Once the Titans started to come in you naturally started to get this longer lifespan, and even if you get destroyed you can eject and keep living. A lot can happen in a single life.”

Living is easy in Titanfall. Certainly a shotgun to the chest will drop a Pilot in one hit, but Pilots are so mobile and the maps so large that there’s always a way out of any compromising shootout. Every Pilot has an anti-Titan weapon, a double jump, gravity-defying footwear, and a cloaking system that’s especially effective against a Titan’s optics when making a break across open ground. Rack up enough kills or just wait long enough and you’ll call in a customised Titan of your own, effectively wrapping your pilot in a tank costume and adding an extra life to your current spawn. Those are all the tools Titanfall needs to break free of the Call Of Duty spawn-die-spawn-die loop.

“It’s not boom-you’re-dead, boom-you’re-dead,” says McCoy. “Because you move so fast, it’s not about who [aims quickest]; it’s about who outmanoeuvres the other. I think it’s a response to the fact that we’re all getting older and our reaction times aren’t what they used to be. I want to hop into a game and not feel like every 14-year-old is going to dominate me. I want a fighting chance and I don’t want to feel I’m screwed if I didn’t get in on the first week.”

Such survivability should prohibit large bodycounts but Titanfall’s maps are target-rich environments, populated by dozens of AI soldiers run by Microsoft’s dedicated servers. All of them put up a decent enough fight to be trouble, but they’re thick and flimsy enough to be worth fewer points than a Pilot or Titan kill. “AI grunts keep that quick time-to-kill feedback loop,” says McCoy. “When you can kill three guys in eight seconds, that’s good – but when you’re on the other side of that, it’s not. If you run into a group of AI [units] you can take them out, and you still have that gameplay loop of doing things, achieving things, killing people.”

“Doom is actually where some of the Titan combat came from. That dance you did, strafing back-and-forth with rocket launchers; you felt like you could actually evade their fire. Titans can fire a slow [missile barrage] by holding the trigger, and that’s actually a fighting game inspiration. Like in Street Fighter, if you throw a fireball you can force your opponent to jump over them and do another move to take them out.”

This is zoning in an FPS. While Pilots zip around with their sticky boots and jetpacks, Titans play a slower, more tactical game of move and counter-move. “Maybe you’re really good at moving around the level, timing your Vortex to block their fire then dashing at a Titan, reading your opponent’s tells. It feels like a fighting game,” says McCoy.

It feels different and new, the way Modern Warfare felt in 2007 and no major console shooter has felt since.

:banderas:

Tic Tac T O

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TORONTO!
The biggest U.S. name in the FGC is on board?

Its official, we've got a hit :blessed::blessed::blessed:
KI is like a party version of SF4. the competitive aspects are there like links, frame traps, pokes, zoning, rush down, high-low mixups, etc but its also fun to just play in a casual sense. for 20 bucks, its a no brainer - everyone should cop.