The Official XBOX WON Thread - News and Info

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I wish this shyt was black, but the white does look nice. But next to my other tech, it sticks out like a sore thumb. Might send it to colorware and paint it all black :jbhmm:.

The new controller is nice, but I still like the Elite a lot better. Thank god all the old peripherals work with the X1 S. My remote works perfectly (which I use the most, as the X1 S is my main streaming and BD box).

M$ has a winner here. If you have a 4K TV, there's basically no reason to not buy this. It gives you a 4K UHD BD player that plays games too at the same price as other UHD BD players that don't play games. M$ is ahead of the curve on this one.

Thank you based M$ :blessed:

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Hmm....mine updated just fine, but I just updated it from 1080 to 4K ($11.99 a month). If you haven't updated your subscription to 4K, that might be the issue. If not, I guess I just got lucky with tech for once (:yeshrug:)

I have the 4k Netflix account I am going to try and sign off and sign back into the Netflix account.

Was watching Martian in 4K shyt beautiful. I will be buying a HDR 4K before the year out.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I have the 4k Netflix account I am going to try and sign off and sign back into the Netflix account.

Was watching Martian in 4K shyt beautiful. I will be buying a HDR 4K before the year out.
I have HDR on my Samsung, but I might upgrade this year too. I want a 4K OLED :wow:

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

I have two non-HDR 4K TVs I have to get rid of. I don't know how I should go about this :mjcry:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
We that early adopters to technology. It's not that bad breh I would keep them shyt's and just buy a new one with HDR. That is what I am doing
Do you have a UHD or SUHD TV? THe SUHD TVs have HDR on them (though samsung calls it something different). I just double-checked, and all the SUHD line includes HDR

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
The X1 S just surpassed every other 4K box on the market. :wow:

M$ could make a killing off this shyt if advertised properly. I'm gonna tell my Dad to buy the X1S for his new 4K TV. shyt, I'm gonna tell everybody I know with a 4K TV to buy the X1 S. You get a fukking 4K UHD player and 4K streaming for the price of a regular 4K UHD player. Plus it plays games :wow:

M$ has a winner here

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
UHD It does everything on the checklist except HDR
Yeah, that's why I went with the SUHD line. It's got everything including HDR. I'm gonna watch 2 4k UHD blu-rays today, in between my packing (I'm moving to Arlington, VA on Friday to start my new job on the 15th). Depending on taxes and how much my student loans go up, I'm gonna buy either an Origin PC with the two new Titan Xs in it or a 4K OLED ( They just look so good :ohlawd:)

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Yeah, that's why I went with the SUHD line. It's got everything including HDR. I'm gonna watch 2 4k UHD blu-rays today, in between my packing (I'm moving to Arlington, VA on Friday to start my new job on the 15th). Depending on taxes and how much my student loans go up, I'm gonna buy either an Origin PC with the two new Titan Xs in it or a 4K OLED ( They just look so good :ohlawd:)

Yeah I had my 4k for almost two years and HDR is new. I will get a new one though about 65 to 70

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
None of the Samsung TVs besides this year's HDR models and last year's JS9500 support the top tier HDR. TVs that supports the best HDR need to be Ultra HD Premium certified. That spec was just made official at CES 2016 and the only HDR TV Samsung made last year that could retroactively get the cert is the JS9500 because it has full array back-lighting and can reach the required brightness.

To sum it all up if you didn't buy the most expensive 4K TV your manufacture made last year chances are your TV won't be Ultra HD Premium certified. I mean the other TVs can get HDR but they get a lesser version than the official spec requires.

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
If I buy the new joint I can dl my digital games again on it right? Do you need Xbox live to do it?

I've done this on ps a bunch of times never on an Xbox though

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
If I buy the new joint I can dl my digital games again on it right? Do you need Xbox live to do it?

I've done this on ps a bunch of times never on an Xbox though

Everything your bought on your account is linked to it. You should only need an internet connection

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Anybody else notice how much better games and TV/Movies look on the X1 S? The upscaler is amazing and the colors pop a lot more. I was watching netflix, and it looked like I had a new TV. The X1 S is the truth :wow: