The Official XBOX WON Thread - News and Info

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I feel like MS is going in the right direction, but all this PC shyt is bad. You can call it "console exclusive" or whatever all you want, but giving people the excuse to not buy an Xbox is not good for the brand. Not to mention the PC versions ARE getting hacked and pirated, no matter what DRM scheme you come up with. I don't see how they win with this. Not to mention you're getting potential paying XBL customers on PC, where you can't charge as much, or make them pay for multilayer. Lost revenue.

Console players don't usualy care what's on pc. The most popular games have always been on pc, and it never made people stop buying consoles. Putting the games on PC actually gets them money they otherwise wouldn't have, which makes the games more successful, which enables them to keep spending the money on the games.

And not to say it can't happen, but windows store games have not been cracked yet.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Console players don't usualy care what's on pc. The most popular games have always been on pc, and it never made people stop buying consoles. Putting the games on PC actually gets them money they otherwise wouldn't have, which makes the games more successful, which enables them to keep spending the money on the games.

And not to say it can't happen, but windows store games have not been cracked yet.

PC players, for the most part, don't want "console" shooters, or console centric games. Anyway. They're diluting their brand for a "bigger picture" that will likely never come into fruition. Xbox attach rate has always been good, and XBL is a proven cash cow. I would guess selling way more Xboxes is more profitable than selling a few hundred thousand copies of Halo or Gears for PC that they will never pay to play, and likely get way less profit on, since it will probably sell for 40 or less.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
PC players, for the most part, don't want "console" shooters, or console centric games. Anyway. They're diluting their brand for a "bigger picture" that will likely never come into fruition. Xbox attach rate has always been good, and XBL is a proven cash cow. I would guess selling way more Xboxes is more profitable than selling a few hundred thousand copies of Halo or Gears for PC that they will never pay to play, and likely get way less profit on, since it will probably sell for 40 or less.
They don't make money selling Xbox's. They make money selling software. They make even more money if that software is purchased from the windows store, even if it's at a lower price.

It's not so much as diluting the brand as it is expanding it. Xbox can be on almost all your devices, and you can play all your games on whichever device you have handy. There are also rumors of them monetizing XbL on PC, and even allowing backwards compatable 360 games on PC.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
They don't make money selling Xbox's. They make money selling software. Which is why they should have it on their much harder to pirate, controlled platform. They make even more money if that software is purchased from the windows store, even if it's at a lower price. I'd like to see any proof of this.

It's not so much as diluting the brand as it is expanding it. Xbox can be on almost all your devices, and you can play all your games on whichever device you have handy. There are also rumors of them monetizing XbL on PC, There's no way in hell PC players are going for that and even allowing backwards compatable 360 games on PC.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
They don't make money selling Xbox's. They make money selling software. They make even more money if that software is purchased from the windows store, even if it's at a lower price.

It's not so much as diluting the brand as it is expanding it. Xbox can be on almost all your devices, and you can play all your games on whichever device you have handy. There are also rumors of them monetizing XbL on PC, and even allowing backwards compatable 360 games on PC.
Not enough PC gamers will pay for XBOX Live for it to be worth it for Microsoft IMO.

They will have to add A LOT of perks. Old ass free games will not be enough, it will have to be a situation in where if you buy an "XBOX" game you receive it and able to play on all platforms. Similar to the steamplay model.

Not sure how the Quantum Break thing worked out for them either.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Which is why they should have it on their much harder to pirate, controlled platform.

I'd like to see any proof of this.

There's no way in hell PC players are going for that
Doesn't hurt to have them on both, and again windows store has not been cracked yet.

It's common sense. Halo sales for $60 at GameStop and Microsoft had to give GameStop a cut, and they had to spend money on printing/distributing discs. A game sold on the windows store is all money straight to their pocket.

Maybe, maybe not. I think if they add stuff like cloud storage, and universal apps, it could have a chance. The infrastructure is already there, it can't hurt to try:manny:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Not enough PC gamers will pay for XBOX Live for it to be worth it for Microsoft IMO.

They will have to add A LOT of perks. Old ass free games will not be enough, it will have to be a situation in where if you buy an "XBOX" game you receive it and able to play on all platforms. Similar to the steamplay model.

Not sure how the Quantum Break thing worked out for them either.
Yeah, I think it's gonna be an Xbox game works on any windows device regardless of where you bought it.

And I agree they are gonna have to incentivize the hell out of it for it to work.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I feel like MS is going in the right direction, but all this PC shyt is bad. You can call it "console exclusive" or whatever all you want, but giving people the excuse to not buy an Xbox is not good for the brand. Not to mention the PC versions ARE getting hacked and pirated, no matter what DRM scheme you come up with. I don't see how they win with this. Not to mention you're getting potential paying XBL customers on PC, where you can't charge as much, or make them pay for multilayer. Lost revenue.
Looking back on it buying the Xbox One was a complete waste of money for me. I played very few games on it so far and now essentially I could play the single player games I want on PC.

I could have gotten by with just a PC and PS4. I probably won't be looking to buy the Scorpio seeing as how from this point on all the games are coming to PC as well and that console isn't going to be more powerful than a GTX 980 ti with a i7 6700K even before Microsoft works out their Windows app store issues.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
sc
Looking back on it buying the Xbox One was a complete waste of money for me. I played very few games on it so far and now essentially I could play the single player games I want on PC.

I could have gotten by with just a PC and PS4. I probably won't be looking to buy the Scorpio seeing as how from this point on all the games are coming to PC as well and that console isn't going to be more powerful than a GTX 980 ti with a i7 6700K even before Microsoft works out their Windows app store issues.
scorpio does 5k gaming :usure:

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
This might be a dumbass question. But is there a way on the Xbox store that you can sort shyt to be able to look at all the games that are on sale?

Teal.

Solo Dolo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Notfit,GA
I just did the update for June and on my ready to install there frees games from EA. I don't even remember getting them but i'm about to download them with the quickness. :ohlawd: