Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
video of Project Spark showing character customization, and level building

::mindblown:

Yup. :ohlawd:

I've watch most of those hour-long streams/videos. Game is so loaded with features its crazy.

I'm waiting for information on in-game music and more details on character customization.

I really expect some magical shyt created with this. :wow:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
No doubt. looks so easy to build simple indie titles up to full budget retail quality games. I don't care how long it takes, I'm making something spectacular :banderas:

We need to make an entire The Coli world where we can jump in and out of each others games.

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey

Typing cliffs as I'm watching:

0:00 - Starts off with motion capture stuff
8:44 = On terrain editing: "Can edit down to individual rocks and flowers" :obama:

9:45 - starts example of dungeon (zelda/mmo based) :banderas:
  • shows incomplete example of scripted boss battle

19:18 - Hops in Level Editor
  • Answers some viewer questions (changing weapon/character size)
  • "Yes you can put cheat codes into your game"
23:25 - Shows the ease of changing the look of your level (skybox, lighting, world setting). The changes are pretty drastic for one click :leon:

24:45 - Brief overview of main menus and "custom world" options

27:00 - Black Excellence hops on to begin showcasing cutscene editing. The depth of camera options are just :wow:

34:32 - Viewer question: "Is there a way of making own music"
  • There's a library of default music and a library of default notes
  • Can take notes, use timers, and make own score.
  • Can use Kinect to record audio.
  • Implied ability to edit recorded audio
39:58 - "Can't make custom models, but can put props together to make anything"

45:30 - The finished cutscene creation

...Goes on to show object-pathing and other platforming stuff they've shown in previous videos.

Can't wait :ohlawd:

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
More Project Spark piff
gUzIU0I.png

USING ALPHA BUILD FROM E3

5:11 - Quick star wars movie made

11:30 - Game-created synthesizer, touchscreen compatible

16:17 - A different custom music level (explanation @ 19:45 :wow:)

23:21 - Directional sound confirmed

26:40 - Fooling around with an empty world (nothing new, just building a bootleg bridge, answering questions, basic stuff to bring newcomers up to speed)

34:04 - Physics engine talk

48:03 - Brief glimpse of "Swan Song," a JRPG one of them created (can't find a video on it other than clips from montages/trailers)

51:42 - External testers creation "stone golem." Now combine that with what I just read on reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/projectsparkgame/comments/1mihpo/animating_custom_characters/

It's been shown that objects can be overlapped and linked. For your Golem example, my first try would be to take an existing character and link the rocks over his body in the Golem form of your liking. Now when you apply the mo-cap performance to the character he'll essentially be wearing a Golem suit.

Of course all this is presuming that it is possible to link rocks to a point on, say, an arm and not just the character's body in general. It has not been made clear whether linking objects with that kind of detail is possible, so that may or may not be a barrier. Maybe some nice dev will clarify this. :smile:

well in the stream before last they went into edit mode of one of the games shown in the fist montage, the one with the giant desert snake. They showed how the snake was composed of about a hundread rubber balls and the creator animated them by telling them to follow like the head or something, so i think that counts as animating a group of objects, here is the link starting near the point that they go into the edit mode.

[1:06:00 mark]

tniFCgx.png
tniFCgx.png
tniFCgx.png

56:00 - Closes out with making a character fly

This game, I say. This game!! :ohlawd:

There's another newer video using Xbox One hardware and Kinect, but I need to get back to this GTA :pachaha:

Last edited:

Tic Tac T O

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TORONTO!
props to @Spliff for the synopsis :salute:

you can mo-cap your own attacks :wow: making a decent Streets of Rage style beat em up is on the to-do list :banderas: