The Official XBOX WON Thread - News and Info

Tic Tac T O

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TORONTO!

Never had any interest in Dead Island when it was out but ended up playing the shyt out of it when it was free on xbl. The game surprised me at how straight up fun it was for a simple 'grab a weapon and bash a zombie in the head wit it' game. This game looks like there's more to it than that so I'm definitely checking for it

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
Never had any interest in Dead Island when it was out but ended up playing the shyt out of it when it was free on xbl. The game surprised me at how straight up fun it was for a simple 'grab a weapon and bash a zombie in the head wit it' game. This game looks like there's more to it than that so I'm definitely checking for it
2015 tho:beli:

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
News: Rare "evaluating what they want to do next" says Phil Spencer - OXM US

Xbox boss man Phil Spencer has told OXM that Microsoft is "working closely" with "important" UK developer Rare, who he describes as being an "important studio". Rare reformed as the flagship Kinect studio for Microsoft, so questions are raised over what the studio will do next.

The short answer is they're still part of Microsoft, and that both Rare and Microsoft are figuring out what the studio will do in the future now thatXbox One is being sold without Kinect. Speaking to OXM UK editor Jon Hicks, Spencer had praised Rare as being an "important studio", and that they're free to do what they please.

Microsoft's Larry Hryb has gone on record to state that Microsoft will "still work to improve Kinect", so having a studio like Rare who was focusing on creating games for the peripheral being part of that improvement would be a boon. However, if Rare are really free to look at all opportunities, their next project may be a new Battletoads.
:feedme::feedme:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Then need to get with the times and add HDMI CEC to this console. This and my Wii U don't have it.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
News: Rare "evaluating what they want to do next" says Phil Spencer - OXM US

Xbox boss man Phil Spencer has told OXM that Microsoft is "working closely" with "important" UK developer Rare, who he describes as being an "important studio". Rare reformed as the flagship Kinect studio for Microsoft, so questions are raised over what the studio will do next.

The short answer is they're still part of Microsoft, and that both Rare and Microsoft are figuring out what the studio will do in the future now thatXbox One is being sold without Kinect. Speaking to OXM UK editor Jon Hicks, Spencer had praised Rare as being an "important studio", and that they're free to do what they please.

Microsoft's Larry Hryb has gone on record to state that Microsoft will "still work to improve Kinect", so having a studio like Rare who was focusing on creating games for the peripheral being part of that improvement would be a boon. However, if Rare are really free to look at all opportunities, their next project may be a new Battletoads.
:feedme::feedme:
I've been saying Battletoads for about a year and a half now :manny:
All I can say, I've heard and seen some thangs. And it would be ready NOW if it wasn't for M$ not being sure
They wanted to see how successful Killer Instinct was before they went to the "well"

StarClout

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broncos/NYY/NYR/ALA
Brehs I'm hype for Monday

I'm tempted to go to GameStop and pick up an X1 on Monday before the conference at 12:30 (I'm on Eastern Time). Problem is I have no idea what if any surprises they may announce being available in stores immediately after the conference

Add that into my GS being in a small town so they don't large quantities of stuff in so I'm like :lupe:

The GS employee I talked to this week said that as long as I come in that same Monday of the E3 Conference I should be able to come in and get one fairly easily

I'm getting one Monday regardless but I'm trying to find out when exactly I should go :lupe:

I ain't trying to make 2 trips. Gas is pretty expensive around here :sadcam: