The Official XBOX WON Thread - News and Info

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
any new info about that quantum break game?...that clipped they showed during the release has me interested bout that....

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
any new info about that quantum break game?...that clipped they showed during the release has me interested bout that....
Well...
Remedy has explained how Quantum Break's live-action episodes will be integrated with the main game, revealing that players will unlock a new live-action episode at the end of particular gameplay segments which they can choose to watch immediately or later on their iPad or phone.

"You'll unlock the live-action episode at the end of the [gameplay] episode," head of franchise development Oskari Hakkinen revealed in this month's issue of EDGE, "but you can choose when you jump into that.

"The best experience would be to play the game, watch the live action, then play the game some more, but if you've chosen to dedicate your two-hour slot to gaming and you don't want to watch live action straight away, you can continue on with the game and pick up on the live action from your iPad or phone at a later date."

Remedy has yet to reveal how long each episode will be or how many players should expect to find. The cast of actors starring in Quantum Break hasn't yet been disclosed, either.

"My gut tells me that [people will] play a section of the game, they'll watch the live action with a beer or coffee, and then jump back into the game," added CEO Matias Myllyrinne. "Or they'll stop and do the double-barrel thing the next night – play the episode and watch the live action."

Myllyrinne also believes that it's "more natural to watch a show than to watch a long cutscene. If I get a long cutscene," he says, "not naming names, but I start to wish it was interactive."

The first gameplay footage of Quantum Break was shown earlier this month, where it was revealed to be a cover-based third-person shooter that follows the tale of two people gifted with the power to manipulate time.

You'll also get to play as the antagonist, Remedy revealed, who gets to make decisions about "which future comes to pass", with consequences reflected in the game.

"Unlike many other games, you actually get to know what the consequences of your choice are," Myllyrinne adds. "[In other games,] when I make a choice, I don't necessarily know what the impact of that decision has been, or why things turned out a certain way. Obviously you can have twists and turns, but it's good to understand the consequences of your actions. We should be making [choice] more meaningful for gamers and more engaging."
And less than 2 months ago...
Remedy is really 'nailing it' with Quantum Break, says Microsoft
Phil Spencer offers a brief update on the Xbox One exclusive.
By James Orry (@VGJames) On 3rd Feb, 2014 at 11:11am

Remedy is "nailing" the development of Xbox One exclusive Quantum Break, corporate VP of Microsoft Studios Phil Spencer has revealed.

Asked on Twitter for an update on the game's development following his meeting with the team earlier in the week, Spencer wrote: "Game looked great. @remedygames really nailing the essence, combat, drama... Work to do but this was a nice milestone for QB."

Quantum Break is a third-person action game with an integrated live-action TV show.

The game is scheduled for release later in 2014.
And then two weeks ago this was revealed...
Quantum Break nabs Oscar-winning connection to Gravity
by Ludwig Kietzmann on Mar 5th 2014 10:00PM

quantumbreak2.jpg

The developers of Alan Wake and the upcoming Quantum Break now have an Oscar in their midst, further raising their new game's profile in Microsoft's big multimedia push on Xbox One. The third-person shooter, in which unforeseen anomalies fling bits of the world forward in time, will have a companion television show and visual effects work from some of the recognized talent behind Alfonso Cuarón's boundless space film, Gravity.

In a note on the official Remedy Games website, the staff congratulates Greg Louden for his work at London-based effects studio Framestore, which won an Academy Award last week for Best Visual Effects. According to Louden's resume, he oversaw shots of Gravity's computer-generated interiors, with a focus on the free-floating objects that surrounded Sandra Bullock's stranded character. The film was entirely pre-visualized and extensively animated, making it an even greater achievement in visual effects than it might first appear. Gravity was also given gongs for its director, cinematography, editing, musical score, sound mixing, sound editing.

At Remedy, Louden is working not only on visual effects for Quantum Break, but on scripting and designing events as part of level design. The environment for visual effects is arguably more challenging in games, which are expected to display high-quality graphics in real-time and in a way that responds well to the player. And even with top-notch effects, the approval of players may still be harder to earn than an Academy Award.
So I'd say this game will be the 2nd really big "NEW" next gen title that we'll all remember come next gen.
Can't wait :banderas:

Rico

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah its kinda crazy cause Ps4 is gonna come with the games. Remember when everyone was saying that assuming the xbox would be stronger. The best ps4 games are also available on the xbox. Well almost.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well...

And less than 2 months ago...

And then two weeks ago this was revealed...

So I'd say this game will be the 2nd really big "NEW" next gen title that we'll all remember come next gen.
Can't wait :banderas:

good look on the info, game looked interesting and it's the type of game i'm into...not sure about the live action part though...while playing the game, those shyts wouldn't interest me cause my choices in game wouldn't have shyt to do with them...after i finished the game, maybe watching them all at once would be cool, i guess...have to wait and see how they pull that off....

on a side note: game gotta be some fiya, cause they threw shots at metal gear in there...'i don't wanna name names, but when i watch a long cut scene, i wish it were interactive'...everyone knows the name you didn't want to say lol...

Last edited:

Rico

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
good look on the info, game looked interesting and it's the type of game i'm into...not sure about the live action part though...while playing the game, those shyts wouldn't interest me cause my choices in game wouldn't have shyt to do with them...after i finished the game, maybe watching them all at once would be cool, i guess...have to wait and see how they pull that off....

on a side note: game gotta be some fiya, caue they threw shots at metal gear in there...'i don't wanna name names, but when i watch a long cut scene, i iwhs it were interactive'...everyone knows the name you didn't want to say lol...

Yeah I was sold when I heard that behind the scenes that E3 demo that I thought was a cutscene was user controlled. The IGN journalist confirmed it.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah its kinda crazy cause Ps4 is gonna come with the games. Remember when everyone was saying that assuming the xbox would be stronger. The best ps4 games are also available on the xbox. Well almost.

what do you mean?...

also, the bolded isn't true...most of the time, the best games on systems are exclusives, not multi plats...

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang

on a side note: game gotta be some fiya, caue they threw shots at metal gear in there...'i don't wanna name names, but when i watch a long cut scene, i iwhs it were interactive'...everyone knows the name you didn't want to say lol...
If you played Max Payne and Alan Wake? You'd know that one thing Remedy is KINGS at is story telling
And they have EARNED every right to take shots at MGS shytty story
Cuz they have proven they know how to do it right :manny:
what do you mean?...

also, the bolded isn't true...most of the time, the best games on systems are exclusives, not multi plats...
Thats bullshyt. The exclusives get hyped the most for obvious reasons
But the BEST games are usually multiplat. Yeah, Uncharted 1 was good, Uncharted 2 was great. Uncharted 3 was even decent. But for everyone Uncharted/TLOU there are 3 Lair's, Twisted Metal, Socom, Mag, Rachet n Clank died off, Resistance :scusthov: the list goes on and on. Before everyone one of those games came out, console fanboys deemed each and everyone a HIT.

It flops (Killzone style) and people seem to forget for some odd reason. Thats my two cents...

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you played Max Payne and Alan Wake? You'd know that one thing Remedy is KINGS at is story telling
And they have EARNED every right to take shots at MGS shytty story
Cuz they have proven they know how to do it right :manny:

played max payne (those aight), haven't tried alan wake...

whether mgs story is shytty is opinion, so whatever...

that's cool, even more reason for me to be interested in the game...i dig a good story...

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

on a side note: game gotta be some fiya, cause they threw shots at metal gear in there...'i don't wanna name names, but when i watch a long cut scene, i wish it were interactive'...everyone knows the name you didn't want to say lol...

Supposedly the live action shows will be effected by your in game choices. I'm interested to see how they make its work

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Supposedly the live action shows will be effected by your in game choices. I'm interested to see how they make its work

how can that be possible if the shows are already recorded before you play?...unless there are only a few options to how you can complete that section of the game...

Daps
Reppin
D[M]V
Yo what the hell? I'm trying to play TitanFall but it's saying I don't have a XBL Gold membership, but I do. Even when I tried to buy after the first time seeing it, it says:

Sorry, that's as many as you can have
Only a limited number of these are allowed on any one account.

Anyone seen this?

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Yo what the hell? I'm trying to play TitanFall but it's saying I don't have a XBL Gold membership, but I do. Even when I tried to buy after the first time seeing it, it says:

Sorry, that's as many as you can have
Only a limited number of these are allowed on any one account.

Anyone seen this?
:heh: