The Official XBOX WON Thread - News and Info

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I don't get all the DS3 hate, we been playing on Dual Shocks for damn near 20 years. Now it's garbage? :beli:

I get that cats prefer other controllers which is cool. I personally had no issue with the DS3 and while I DO agree the 360 controller overall was better, the d-pad is still garbage (the only weak point other than batteries) on the 360 controller.
Yeah once you start using something better you relize how bad it is, kinda like how yall wanna shyt on X1 specs, even tho it shyts on everything when have been playing with for years.

The D-pad Is trash on the 360, one of the reason I bought a ps3. The only thing I wanted to try on the X1 was the D-pad, but I somehow managed to forget once I got it in my hand, so I dont know if its good or not, but you can look at it and tell it's not the same, it doesnt have that extra crap around the up, down, left, and right sections.

Sorry if this has been posted already. That kinect 2.0 is gonna be :ohlawd:

It has, but even tho I have seen this I get the :ohhh: watching it again one of the main reason i am getting a launch system :whew:

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
I don't get all the DS3 hate, we been playing on Dual Shocks for damn near 20 years. Now it's garbage? :beli:

Lot of dudes on here never owned a PS1/PS2 so the DS3 controller was new to them. I had no issues with it cuz its a classic controller that I've been playing wit for over a decade easy. Both controllers have a 1up on the other...the 360 have better joystick placement and the DS3 has the better D-pad. The DS3/DS4 will always get the win for me simply cuz its blutooth and rechargeable battery built-in. M$ still doing the AA battery thing :smh:

If they wanna talk about drastic improvement in controllers...compare the gigantic Xbox controller to the 360s. now thats improvement.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Lot of dudes on here never owned a PS1/PS2 so the DS3 controller was new to them. I had no issues with it cuz its a classic controller that I've been playing wit for over a decade easy. Both controllers have a 1up on the other...the 360 have better joystick placement and the DS3 has the better D-pad. The DS3/DS4 will always get the win for me simply cuz its blutooth and rechargeable battery built-in. M$ still doing the AA battery thing :smh:

If they wanna talk about drastic improvement in controllers...compare the gigantic Xbox controller to the 360s. now thats improvement.

I played with the ds series of controllers for years and didn't think anything was wrong with them. But once I played Halo in the OG Xbox it was never the same again. T

o this day I don't like playing shooters with playstation controllers, it's seems like the sticks are loose are something, the aiming is just not the same as an Xbox controller.

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
I played with the ds series of controllers for years and didn't think anything was wrong with them. But once I played Halo in the OG Xbox it was never the same again. T

o this day I don't like playing shooters with playstation controllers,

The size of the controller was like Xbox trying to overcompensate for something though :pachaha:
Yea obviously the joysticks on the 360 controller is perfect for FPS games. Whoever had the idea to place the sticks that way should have been promoted asap.

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The size of the controller was like Xbox trying to overcompensate for something though :pachaha:
Yea obviously the joysticks on the 360 controller is perfect for FPS games. Whoever had the idea to place the sticks that way should have been promoted asap.
I actually like the big controller better than the re-released version. It was Big yeah, but the buttons were just right, and it felt nice in the hands :yeshrug:

NamelessPimp

Legend
Daps
Reppin
Everyday the Sun Comes Up

o this day I don't like playing shooters with playstation controllers, it's seems like the sticks are loose are something, the aiming is just not the same as an Xbox controller.

this right here...I hate the PS controller...add in the fact it hasn't really been updated in 15 years and still feels tiny and clunky in your hand.

Rico

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ps3 controller killed my hands during last of us... New one looks like it will be more comfy. We shall see though.

Teal.

Solo Dolo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Notfit,GA
http://www.gamepur.com/news/11702-xb...-briefing.html

Microsoft won't live stream their GamesCom 2013 media briefing next week as per the details revealed by Microsoft Studios boss Phil Spencer in a recent Major Nelson podcast.

Xbox One at GamesCom 2013 Spencer further stated that the approach Microsoft was taking didn't allow GamesCom 2013 media briefing to be live-streamed, however there will be a short stage presentation.

On Major Nelson Podcast, Spencer said, "Most of the time will be spent with the press getting time with the developers and their games. You should think about this as a room with a lot of hands-on.”

“The nice thing about the way the showcase is shaping up is people at home will have access to it. Streaming is probably not the way to do it because it will be like watching a party that you’re not at,” Spencer said, adding, “So what we’re going to do is, throughout the day, we’re going to take video snippets from the floor and release them on the Xbox Wire.”

GamesCom 2013 is schedule to begin on August 21, 2013. For those who are unaware of Xbox will have the biggest booth ever at the event. Stay tuned for more details

This exclusive better be good
2ncgRUu.png

PR Albert Penello

This thread got very interesting.

I expected some commentary on this, but the direction it went surprised me.

The part that surprised me the most is the belief that we've somehow "lost our vision" or that we are "radically different" from what we announced.

Are we listening and adjusting the plans? We are. Are we making some concessions in areas where people have strong feelings? We are.

Are we altering our vision or losing faith? No.

We made one policy decision that was a major reversal around digital rights vs. physical media. It was the only time major features were changed, like family sharing, and some of the online check-in stuff that was related to it. It was the right call.

If you go back to the Unveil and E3 conferences, today's announcement doesn't change or diminish what we've said we were doing at all. All we said today is that we weren't going to brick the box if Kinect was unplugged. People making a leap thinking that means we've completely disconnected Kinect from the system would be wrong.

Once you guys experience the console, some of the criticisms may be valid, and many won't. The controller will not be the best way to navigate the dash - things like instant switching, snap mode, sign-in, and search are going to be vastly superior with Kinect. There is no controller UI that will beat "Xbox, Snap Skype", or "Xbox, Go to Killer Instinct".

The idea that the controller is the best way to navigate makes sense in reference to Xbox 360, but it's not true in Xbox One. You can completely control the dash with a controller, but many cases are deprecated versions of how it will work with voice.

If we were to remove Kinect from the bundle, then THAT would be a 180... but it's not going to happen. This was a very minor policy change, for people who had privacy concerns or repair issues. As someone earlier stated, my guess is that very few people will take advantage of the feature. But knowing it's there as an option is important.

Anyway, that's all my commentary on this. Bowing out for the evening.

Let see how long that will last :lupe:

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
Yeah once you start using something better you relize how bad it is, kinda like how yall wanna shyt on X1 specs, even tho it shyts on everything when have been playing with for years.

The D-pad Is trash on the 360, one of the reason I bought a ps3. The only thing I wanted to try on the X1 was the D-pad, but I somehow managed to forget once I got it in my hand, so I dont know if its good or not, but you can look at it and tell it's not the same, it doesnt have that extra crap around the up, down, left, and right sections.

It has, but even tho I have seen this I get the :ohhh: watching it again one of the main reason i am getting a launch system :whew:
Memba the kinect tech some years ago? What can it do with GAMES though? :youngsabo: jack shyt. Jumping jacks and kicking balls :russ:
@Rekkapryde :mjpls:

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Memba the kinect tech some years ago? What can it do with GAMES though? :youngsabo: jack shyt. Jumping jacks and kicking balls :russ:
@Rekkapryde :mjpls:
Kinect v1 was the best gaming device to have when company of 4 or more people(any age or sex) are over. Kinect is fun, im sorry you arent able to have fun the way I and family, and or friends do :to:. Im sorry you feel the only way to game is with a controller :sadbron:, i'm sorry you let your life be limited because the internet says the kinect is a gimmick :damn:

Kinect is fun, games should be fun :lupe: