The Official XBOX WON Thread - News and Info

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
At the recent E3 show in Los Angeles, we unveiled a new generation of games for Xbox One. Since the show, we’ve been incredibly excited to see the reaction to the games we showcased. The award nominations and awards have been pouring in and the teams are thrilled with the positive response to the games they’ve been working so hard on.

Last night, the “Games Critic’s Awards: Best of E3” nominations were announced and Xbox continued to be highlighted as a winning platform, with Xbox One and Xbox 360 leading all platform nominations. Xbox One and Microsoft’s exclusive titles received 11 nominations, the most of any game console. In addition to Xbox One being nominated for top console of the show, the Xbox exclusive game “Titanfall” became the most nominated game in E3 Games Critic’s Awards history ever, with six award nominations.

In addition, here are a few other trends we’ve seen to date:

* “Titanfall”, an Xbox platform exclusive, has been widely acclaimed as the big winner of E3 and remains the lead game across all platforms with 101 nominations and 54 wins, for global nominations and awards.

* Across US award nominations*, Xbox exclusive titles have received 168 nominations and 68 wins, more than any other next-generation platform’s exclusive lineup. Top title nominations and winning awards include:

* “Forza Motorsport 5” earned 24 nominations and 8 wins

* “Dead Rising 3” earned 17 nominations and 7 wins

* “Project Spark” earned 13 nominations and 4 wins

* “Ryse: Son of Rome” earned 11 nominations and 2 wins

We’re really excited to see the positive response to the Xbox One exclusive games line-up and we remain committed to making Xbox One the best place to play games – led by the biggest exclusives, new IP and blockbuster franchises that play best on Xbox – delivered via exclusive technology only available on Xbox One.

You can see highlights of the Xbox One games showcased at E3 here. For more information on the Xbox One games line-up, visit Xbox.com.

*Numbers above include awards and nominations from major U.S. media outlets, including IGN, Game Informer, Destructoid, Game Critic Awards and more.

Xbox Wire

:lolbron:

GulfCoastGhost

No more snow
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/Sarasota
What's this I hear that I have to buy a headset separately? With a $500 price tag they can't even give me a headset. I'm not talking to my kinect. As a headset. M$ is passing me off

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
What's this I hear that I have to buy a headset separately? With a $500 price tag they can't even give me a headset. I'm not talking to my kinect. As a headset. M$ is passing me off

they are making adapters for 3rd party headsets so you can use old Turtle Beaches, Astros ect....

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
At the recent E3 show in Los Angeles, we unveiled a new generation of games for Xbox One. Since the show, we’ve been incredibly excited to see the reaction to the games we showcased. The award nominations and awards have been pouring in and the teams are thrilled with the positive response to the games they’ve been working so hard on.

Last night, the “Games Critic’s Awards: Best of E3” nominations were announced and Xbox continued to be highlighted as a winning platform, with Xbox One and Xbox 360 leading all platform nominations. Xbox One and Microsoft’s exclusive titles received 11 nominations, the most of any game console. In addition to Xbox One being nominated for top console of the show, the Xbox exclusive game “Titanfall” became the most nominated game in E3 Games Critic’s Awards history ever, with six award nominations.

* “Titanfall”, an Xbox platform exclusive, has been widely acclaimed as the big winner of E3 and remains the lead game across all platforms with 101 nominations and 54 wins, for global nominations and awards.

* Across US award nominations*, Xbox exclusive titles have received 168 nominations and 68 wins, more than any other next-generation platform’s exclusive lineup. Top title nominations and winning awards include:

We’re really excited to see the positive response to the Xbox One exclusive games line-up and we remain committed to making Xbox One the best place to play games – led by the biggest exclusives, new IP and blockbuster franchises that play best on Xbox – delivered via exclusive technology only available on Xbox One.

You can see highlights of the Xbox One games showcased at E3 here. For more information on the Xbox One games line-up, visit Xbox.com.

*Numbers above include awards and nominations from major U.S. media outlets, including IGN, Game Informer, Destructoid, Game Critic Awards and more.

Xbox Wire

The critics have spoken. :blessed:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
This is an outrage, everybody knows I won E3. I mean, LOOK AT fukkIN KNACK :damn:

DriveClub, man that was the best looking game I have EVER seen in my life.

I could name some more games, but I'll save that. We saving games we got so many :whew:
You'll see!!!

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Time to crash the xbox party

Sony Dominates Microsoft In Game Critics Best Of E3 Nominations

While every Web site has its own Best of E3 system, the game industry looks to the Game Critics Awards every year because it features the opinions of over 30 top journalists from across the country. The editors of outlets ranging from IGN and Kotaku to USA Today and Wired nominate what they believe were the best games, technology and hardware of the annual trade show. So this collective gives an aggregate view of the best of what’s coming out this Christmas and beyond for gamers.

Gamers already know Sony dominated E3 this year with everything from its press conference to PlayStation 4 functionality (including used games sales and rentals) to PS3 and PS4 games. Now the top journalists have weighed in with 10 nominations for Sony, compared to three for Microsoft and three for Nintendo.

The PlayStation 4 was nominated for Best of Show, while Xbox One was not. Sony and Microsoft’s next gen consoles did both make the Best Hardware list, along with Nvidia’s Project Shield, Oculus VR’s Oculus Rift and Razer’s Blade.

PlayStation-exclusive games like Sony Japan Studios’ PS3 game Rain (two nominations), Sucker Punch Productions PS4 game Infamous Second Son (two nominations), Quantic Dream’s PS3 game Beyond: Two Souls (one nomination), Polyphony Digital’s Gran Turismo 6 (one nomination), Media Molecule’s PS Vita game Tearaway (one nomination) and Guerilla Games’ Killzone Shadow Fall (one nomination) earned recognition at the show.

Microsoft did find success with its exclusive partnership with Electronic Arts and Respawn. Titanfall set a new record for the most nominations ever at E3 with 6 nominations including Best of Show (the previous record was 5 nominations). Respawn also helped EA earn 16 nominations, the most of any game maker this year. EA Sports dominated the sports category with Madden NFL 25, NHL 14 and FIFA 14 and found early success with Battlefield 4, Plants vs. Zombies 2 and the new Command & Conquer game.

According to video game analyst Michael Pachter of Wedbush Securities, these awards are used by game companies to market titles. Since the games nominated are already the top games at the show, nominations don’t impact sales, per se. But the honor is something that is highly respected within the game industry.

It’s worth noting that issues like DRM, used game sales and game rentals don’t play a role in the nomination process. In addition, the nominees were filled out after E3 and after Microsoft made its full reversal on its Xbox One functionality.

“This summer and into fall, Microsoft will have to put a stake in the ground on these policies and keep them clear, consistent and deliver them at launch,” said Jeremy Miller, video game analyst for DFC Intelligence. “More importantly, Microsoft needs to communicate the positives of whatever the final policies are. Same thing for Sony. It would be very concerning if they started jockeying back and forth on various business models, DRM strategies and other digital policies. Gamers want clarity and certainty about what they are paying for. If they feel like they are getting a raw deal or if they suspect there is a high chance they will get duped or suckered into one thing and then get delivered another, they will get justifiably angry. Microsoft will still have to overcome jittery feelings and overall negative sentiment that came out of E3 and that will take time and is not guaranteed.”

Microsoft also has the issue of price point to contend with. The Xbox One costs $100 more than PS4.

“If consoles become more niche, serving the demanding and lucrative core gaming audience, price might not be such an issue,” said Peter Warman, video game analyst at Newzoo. “Sales numbers will be lower than expected, but the core gamers might be enticed more by available IP and tech specs than price. If playing games is your favorite pastime, wouldn’t you want to own the best machine available regardless of price?”

The best IPs come directly back to the Best Games of E3, which puts Sony in the driver’s seat, for now. Microsoft still has a new Halo game, which wasn’t eligible at E3 because it wasn’t shown, coming out in 2014. Microsoft did receive nominations for Turn Ten Studios’ Xbox One game Forza Motorsport 5 (one nomination) and Team Dakota’s Project Spark (one nomination) and Disney Interactive/Harmonix’ Xbox One game Fantasia: Music Evolved (two nominations).

Exclusive games will drive next gen console sales, especially in 2014 and beyond. Pachter forecasts Sony and Microsoft will sell 3 million next gen consoles each this fall. Both Sony and Microsoft are investing in exclusive games for current gen and next gen consoles as they prepare for the transition.

Sony Dominates Microsoft In Game Critics Best Of E3 Nominations - Forbes

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music

Xbox Wire

Bu, Bu, Bu, the PS4 has DDR5!!! :mad:

:laff:

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
xbox-one-7.jpg

don't know if that's true I just went on the store and didn't see it listed.Would be great if that was true tho.
*edit*its fake