All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami, FL
BF4
KI
and maybe FIFA...
I need membership too :sadcam:

All of current gen I've been running on a 22'' Acer monitor, but I'll be using my 32'' Samsung next gen :ehh:

Regista

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
just thought, i know yall take this console shyt a lil serious, so i wanted to clarify: yall mightve thought i was trying to be funny, i wasnt....i really am going to an xbox 1 event this sat...they are doing things in town all week...and i am curious about ryse...i dig a good hack/slash....
its not as great as you may expect it too be. I mean it looks alright but they way they game has been spoken about I was expecting to be blown way, so it some underwhelming. And it got boring quickly just like dead rising 3.

Forza does looks good and I liked the rumble feature in the triggers, its a cool feature

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
its kinda messed up i can't get my Xbox One games buy 2 get 1 free because most of them come out on the 19th or 22nd and that's outside the window of the sale.
Already sold it. And I was thinking about 2k for when company comes over.

Honestly I'm not into 2k or battlfield but I figured I need a game I can play with other people. I might say fukk other people and just get AC4. But that Ryse is calling my name too.

I'm gonn be so broke this Christmas:snoop:
why would you sell your 360. they aren't worth much and the new system isn't backwards compatible? you're basically locking yourself out of the current gen.

Mr. Brown

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami
Anyone know where I can get an unbiased list of all the features and pros/cons of each system?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Don't think one of those exists.

What do you want to know?
I would think after 2 generations of systems people would know where they stand. I mean Gears of War or Uncharted, Halo or Killzone. That's what this boils down to if you're making an either or choice.

Sony

Rookie
Daps
PlayStation 4 will runs circle around this junk Xbox One is basically full of timed exclusives and bad exclusive plus a high price console with weak specs.

Rico

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
its kinda messed up i can't get my Xbox One games buy 2 get 1 free because most of them come out on the 19th or 22nd and that's outside the window of the sale.

why would you sell your 360. they aren't worth much and the new system isn't backwards compatible? you're basically locking yourself out of the current gen.

Buy 3 multiplat or not ps4 games... don't open them... return them when xbox one comes out... for the same game or store credit.

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/436917/the-highs-and-lows-of-the-xbox-one-launch-games/
Chris's Most Surprising Game: Ryse
Until recently I was looking forward to most of the Xbox One launch titles... except for Ryse: Son Of Rome. I'll admit I fell for the 'it's all QTEs' anti-hype that had been doing the rounds when it was first revealed and as a result it fell by the wayside for me as a must-have title.

After getting the chance to properly sit down with the near-final version for an hour or so, I came away pleasantly surprised. Ryse may not boast the sort of depth of content that's going to give Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag any sleepless nights, but it's clearly a solid adventure that I look forward to playing in full.

After playing the near-final game, I came away pleasantly surprised."

It's gorgeous, too. One section I played had the protagonist battling enemies at a campsite, with numerous campfires dotted around. The orange glow from the fire while I battled around it was incredible, while moving away from it and fighting in the darkness provided a stark contrast, with figures almost silhouetted against the moonlit sky. TL:DR - it looks cracking.

Granted, I still had some niggles - with only the X button used for attacks the combat seems a little basic, and the various gruesome death blows, while glorious, seem like they're executed (ahem) randomly - but given that I haven't played through the whole thing yet, for all I know these issues will resolve themselves as experience points build.
Tamoor's Most Surprising Game: Killer Instinct
Part of my excitement for Killer Instinct is down to a natural affinity for fighting games; I can usually have fun playing anything from carefully crafted, technical fighters such as Marvel Vs. Capcom or Street Fighter or Virtua Fighter, to dumb fun games like Bloody Roar. I can even enjoy this-is-definitely-shyt fighters like Tournament of Legends on Wii. Good or bad, I'll derive entertainment from it.

Initially I expected Killer Instinct would more likely sit in one of the two latter categories than the former. Partly because the series has never been all that technical, but also because it's being developed by Double Helix, a studio with very little fighting game development in its history.

However, based on a number of hands-on sessions with the game, my expectations have very slowly shifted. I'm starting to think that Killer Instinct, like Street Fighter 4 currently, will be one of those games I'll probably be playing for a long time after release.

Killer Instinct is loaded with different gameplay systems, some unique to the series, others cherry-picked from current fighting games, like the 'Instinct' system, which is effectively X Factor from MVC3.

Most fighting game players love to take hold of gameplay systems, explore them, see how far they can be pushed. The more systems the better, and between Killer Instinct's multi-tiered combo system, breaker variations, shadow moves and over-the-top finishers, there's plenty to sink teeth into.

Crucially though, Killer Instinct looks and feels great to play. Bouts are blisteringly paced and are a visual spectacle. Fireballs have never looked so good.

As a free-to-play game, there's really nothing to lose in checking this out. But based on what I've played so far, I feel like it might have some staying power.

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
Chris's Launch Concern: Call of Duty Ghosts
I haven't played an Xbox One launch game that didn't impress in some way, however if I had to highlight a concern it would be Call Of Duty: Ghosts. It was clear a while ago that it wasn't going to look quite as impressive as Battlefield 4 does on next-gen systems, but I struggled to see a noticeable difference between the Xbox One version of Ghosts and the Xbox 360 version.

This doesn't bother me too much however, and nor should it you. This should in no way indicate that the difference in power between the Xbox One and the Xbox 360 is negligible, as games like Ryse and Forza 5 are already showing this isn't the case.

It also takes me back to Call Of Duty 2, the first CoD game released on the Xbox 360. It too looked basic and, HD resolution aside, wasn't too different from the standard Xbox version. Launch games, in other words, are no indication of a console's quality.

Besides, given that Call Of Duty is all about multiplayer and that the Xbox 360 userbase will be much bigger than that of the Xbox One for some time, it's probably best sticking with the current-gen version of CoD for now and waiting for the inevitable successor in late 2014. By that point next-gen will be in full swing and the next-gen version of the game will be the one given development priority.

Tamoor's Launch Concern: Kinect Sports Rivals
(Note: Kinect Sports Rivals will be released in 2014, but a free trial will be available this year. Microsoft had a playable build of the game at the Xbox One hands-on event)

Kinect Sports Rivals doesn't do much for me. Personally, I think there's very little gameplay content to get excited about and at the same time it's not exactly a great showcase of what the new Kinect is capable of.

The camera's amazing ability to detect points of articulation, your skeletal frame and your expressions all translate to mundane in-game activities.

I'm very weary of games that exist purely for the sake of novelty, and that's just what Kinect Sports Rivals feels like to me. The first time I played it, Kinect intergration was a little shaky, but when it did work I had fun with the wake racing, bowling and football events. But at the same time I also had my fill of it and I wouldn't jump at the chance to play again.

Clearly, Kinect Sports Rivals isn't designed for me. And if I'm honest, as a person that identifies themselves as a core gamer and reads a video game website, it probably isn't for you either. However, it may be that for younger players and casuals this is the perfect.

If you think that's the case, grab the free trial at launch and get a taster, you might like it. Chris seems to have had a better experience with it...

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Buy 3 multiplat or not ps4 games... don't open them... return them when xbox one comes out... for the same game or store credit.
You get $40 back per game on returns. The return value is not the $60 a new game cost.