The Official Whiskey and Bourbon thread

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
I work out, but my consumption of beer didn’t do
my belly any favors. I wanted to shed the beer belly before summer, so I’ve decided to abstain from drinking until my body is where I want it to be.
Same here. I work out religiously but abstain from beer. I'm a whiskey or tequila drinker. I don't mix it with anything to sweet other than honey or agave and lemon and solely for the weekends.

Daps
I’m currently on Old Forester 1910 & Buffalo Trace. Recently had a glass of Jack Daniels Single Barrel- Barrel Proof & it was shockingly better than most of the whiskey’s I’ve had. Been looking for a bottle or 2 & can’t find it anywhere.

Last edited:

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Alright top 5. Some are purely quality based (the top 2) some are based on value and general quality imo

1. Nikka Taketsuru 17 year - I have about 1/4 bottle left, and it is so expensive now that its CHAMPIONSHIP CELEBRATION STATUS only
    • 10473721.jpg
  2. Nikka Taketsuru Pure Malt - Its similar to the above but actually purchaseable lol. Its my #1 day to day if I want some quality
    • images
  3. EAGLE RARE - mentioned above. This stays in my decanter. it can get hard to find...if so, then I go with:
  4. Angel's Envy - THIS is a great bang for your buck right here. Great day to day and is in most bars in 2022. Outstanding, and underrated
    • 25388.jpg
  5. Elijah Craig Barrell Proof - Previously mentioned
    • btb-whiskey-2022-internal-elijah-craig-small-batch.jpg

Other reliables - Hibiki, Jameson Caskmates, 1792 Single Barrell, Maclellan 12
:salute:Yup! Time to bookmark this thread. So many gems.

Hopefully we can get a tequila thread started. Casamigos is overrated af unless it's anejo.

DallasTxRep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas
I’m currently on Old Forrester 1910 & Buffalo Trace. Recently had a glass of Jack Daniels Single Barrel- Barrel Proof & it was shockingly better than most of the whiskey’s I’ve had. Been looking for a bottle or 2 & can’t find it anywhere.
Old Forester 1910 is delicious, very underrated

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
My favorite Irish Whiskey. The Cask Strength is even better

Yeah, I got the cask version from one of the departments at my job as a gift a couple years back and it was rather tasty. Can't beat the price of the standard one though. My co-worker that I put it on with gave me the dirtiest look when I told him I just drink it straight out the bottle :hhh::russ:

Solomon Lurke

My Boys Dey Be Lurkin...
Daps
Reppin
The Shadows
My wife and I have a pretty solid collection going at this point.

Buffalo Trace is probably the most popular distillery in America right now. Outside of regular Buffalo Trace bourbon you can barely find any of their bottles at MSRP. A $40 bottle of Eagle Rare going for $100+ SMH

It’s crazy cause we could find Eagle Rare at the corner store and grocery store. When we moved West we left with 8 bottles cause it was our well drink. After a year or so of running through them I went to buy more and saw all the outrageous prices. Would have saved a few bottles if I knew.

Love me some Redbreast. Super affordable @ around $60 a bottle too..

product_image_450x450.png

My favorite Irish Whiskey. The Cask Strength is even better

Currently sipping Red Breast. Went out of town to visit family and chill for the weekend and picked up a bottle. My favorite whiskey for sure. I got a half bottle open still of the cask strength and one on ice that I’m going to covet now that you can’t get it.

Other favorites are Rare Bread Rye and Sagamore Rye. Planning a trip back to Kentucky this summer to do a few more days on the trail.

DallasTxRep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas
My wife and I have a pretty solid collection going at this point.

It’s crazy cause we could find Eagle Rare at the corner store and grocery store. When we moved West we left with 8 bottles cause it was our well drink. After a year or so of running through them I went to buy more and saw all the outrageous prices. Would have saved a few bottles if I knew.

Currently sipping Red Breast. Went out of town to visit family and chill for the weekend and picked up a bottle. My favorite whiskey for sure. I got a half bottle open still of the cask strength and one on ice that I’m going to covet now that you can’t get it.

Other favorites are Rare Bread Rye and Sagamore Rye. Planning a trip back to Kentucky this summer to do a few more days on the trail.
Sagamore Rye Double Oaked is one of the best Ryes I've had

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
Weller green was 62
Everyone one in our state complains that certain bourbons are allocated. You're never going to get a Blanton's unless you are in line 2 hours early. On the flip side that Weller SR is generally the last thing left and it's only $22. Someone on FB posted a pic from somewhere out west and they had it for $299. That's insane, the Weller's green doesn't even have a cork top.

sayyestothis

Free the guys
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD "The Greatest City In America"
Everyone one in our state complains that certain bourbons are allocated. You're never going to get a Blanton's unless you are in line 2 hours early. On the flip side that Weller SR is generally the last thing left and it's only $22. Someone on FB posted a pic from somewhere out west and they had it for $299. That's insane, the Weller's green doesn't even have a cork top.

199 in MD breh.
I like SR better than blantons myself. Only buy blantons as an investment when I get a couple cases. Match the horses and sell them unopened sets for $3k

Solomon Lurke

My Boys Dey Be Lurkin...
Daps
Reppin
The Shadows

It’s all crazy now. Last time I bought Weller Green label it was about 2 years ago. I was staying in Chicago for a few months and got a bottle from Bennys for 30. As stated before I was picking up bottles of Eagle Rare for 30 something from the corner store then now I don’t see bottles out west for less than 80. I’ve came up on a few bottles of Blanton’s for 100 at the grocery store.