The ***OFFICIAL*** "Where Were You?" On 9/11/2001

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
3rd grade, my school never made an official announcement and I remember getting home at 3 something and my mom asked me if I had heard what happened, and I had no idea what the hell she was talking about, until I saw it on CNN while trying to flip to Nick and Cartoon Network to look at cartoons

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Also MSNBC has the replay of the Today Show from 9/11 on right now, this is freaky to watch

Ninjaz In Paris

ehyeh ašer ehyeh
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Arcturus
I think I was in either English or Social Studies class in 8th grade when one of the other teachers walked in and started whispering to the one teaching us. Their faces were grim but we just assumed that someone was in big trouble. After a bit they finally finished talking and that's when we were told that all of our parents were coming to get us because something had happened, at that point we still didn't know what it was. Eventually I think it slipped out that a plane flew into the WTC because one of my teachers was visibly shaken since her father was supposed to be on a flight from NYC to Cali. When I finally got home my father, brother, and I watched the news closely to piece together what had happened seeing the repeated footage of the planes hitting the towers. I feel bad to admit this now but at that point it didn't really sink in what had happened; seeing people jumping from buildings hoping to escape was crazy but I guess that wasn't enough for me to "get it". It was once I started to meet more people who lost someone on 9/11 that the event really settled in

Damn, that must've been messed up since you had family in the air at the time...

JP_614

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Aloha State
I was in 5 th grade getting ready to go to art class and the first plane already hit
My moms was at home taken care of my brother she worked for dfas at the time
And thought it was a Target came and got me by the time i got home the second plane just hit :snoop:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I was on campus, Eastern CT State University, in my dorm. 2 weeks into my sophomore year in college. It was morning and I literally rolled out of my bed when my alarm went off. I went to the sink to brush my teeth and get ready to head out to my morning class. My roommates were in the living room watching TV. All of a sudden I hear "OOOHHHHH....shyt!!!!"...so i go over there just in time to see the second plane hit the towers. i'm like "Damn..what movie is this?" :leon:. They're like nah this is real stuff. i'm like what? :huh:...News channels were going crazy. I left my dorm like 40 mins later for my first class and you act like the planes had decimated the campus the way ppl were panicking. People were crying, the class buildings were damn near empty, ppl getting in their cars and leaving. All classes and activities ended up getting cancelled for the day. shyt was wild to digest man.

a murda

I love my wife brehs
Daps
Reppin
Reppin Chi-City Southside
I was a sophmore....my dean I was writing me up for a saturday school detention...

We both heard it at the same time on his jazz station...He litterally stopped everything he doin when the news broke out..

He had the :snoop: :to: look

I was like :youngsabo: @ his reaction

Then he said his bro worked in the 1st building that got hit

Me :merchant: :to:

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
I was a sophmore....my dean I was writing me up for a saturday school detention...

We both heard it at the same time on his jazz station...He litterally stopped everything he doin when the news broke out..

He had the :snoop: :to: look

I was like :youngsabo: @ his reaction

Till he said his bro worked in North building

Me :merchant: :to:

:scusthov:

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
High school san francisco - Was at home getting ready to go to school when it happened, watched it on t.v then left. As soon as I get to school they told all of us to go home. Had to stay at a friends house that because my mom did not want me getting back on BART. One of the most scariest days of my life.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2