The ***OFFICIAL*** "Where Were You?" On 9/11/2001

Petty Crocker

Looking GREAT in my 30s
Daps
I was in 12th grade Calculus (which I soon dropped)... the school secretary came on the loud speaker and started announcing students names..saying that their parents were here to pick them up..one after another names were being called so we knew something was up..our teacher left the class to see what the issue was and ran back inside and turned on the Tv.
First tower had been hit, plane sticking right out the side..we did our "Uh, oh..Time to go" moves and everyone left immediately. I got in my hoopty and sped home.

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
I was still living in Queens, nikka was in junior high, I had a dentist appointment that days, so I'm home eating my cereal, drinking a quarter water and I see the first tower burning on tv, I'm like whatever :yeshrug: keep eating, then the second plane hit and mom dukes was like "AWWW SHIIT" :sadcam: I looked up saw it heard Dianne sawyer going crazy, and I was like whatever :manny: it's a tragedy but peoPle act like it was pearl harbor or some shyt, pearl harbor was a country taking us to war, 911 was some radical crazies (if it was them) being exactly what they are radical crazies.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Eighth grade. Headmaster told us there were some sick people in the world and dismissed us. Told us to go straight home. Not chill downtown home. One of my school homies told me what happened. My pops worked in the North Tower so I was praying all day that he was not dead. He called me a few hours later. He didn't even go to work that day thank God. :whew:

Damn breh :whew: happy to read that

I wasn't in the States but I'm gonna share my story: I was living in Lille (northern France) and staying at a friend's house while I was visiting appartments at one point my phone rings and it's that friend, she tells me go back up and put on the TV...I get there in time to see the second plane crash :damn:

Strange thing is that since my close friends know that I lived in New Rochelle when I was a kid they were calling me because they knew it was hitting closer to home than to the average european IMO, that whole day was strange as hell because it was all over the news, it's like the world had just stopped, I remember a LOT of people saying "If this can happen in the US, it can happen everywhere"...French people can be quite anti-American at times, but EVERYBODY was shocked at this, people were crying in the streets, hugging and comforting total strangers and shyt

I was actually considering visiting NY that september, didn't go because I didn't have enough money...

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
I was in hs it was crazy.

One of my friends moms was on a ny flight it was nerve racking tryna get in touch with her mom. I was so scared for her ! So happy everything was ok.

R.I.P to all those who lost their lives.

Doctor Wily

CapcomSwag
Daps
First year in college. I had a day job in Suffolk county and was scheduled to leave to head west to school at 9 (N.C.C) but I left early and as soon as the plane hit the first building.

By the time I got to Nassau dam near every car was pulled over to the side of the road listening to the events.

Every radio station had reports falsely coming (only Howard stern had a clue of what was going on believe it or not). Hot 97 kept playing music and everyone else just switched over to the citys local news feeds(fox/ABC/NBC/pix).

Classes were cancled . Chilled with my girl the rest of the day and taped the various news outlets throughout the day...so much bad info came out in retrospect.

I still get choked up since alot of people I knew and went to school with in Queens had family that either went missing or died that day.

Sucks bit that shyt is embed in my mind for life... That entire morning.

Doctor Wily

CapcomSwag
Daps
I was still living in Queens, nikka was in junior high, I had a dentist appointment that days, so I'm home eating my cereal, drinking a quarter water and I see the first tower burning on tv, I'm like whatever :yeshrug: keep eating, then the second plane hit and mom dukes was like "AWWW SHIIT" :sadcam: I looked up saw it heard Dianne sawyer going crazy, and I was like whatever :manny: it's a tragedy but peoPle act like it was pearl harbor or some shyt, pearl harbor was a country taking us to war, 911 was some radical crazies (if it was them) being exactly what they are radical crazies.

Folks on the radio were going crazy ,

Other outlets it was more or less finger pointing and same old political bullshyt.

DreadHead P

lettin em hang and swang
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Deep in the south kickin uptop game
I was in class, 9th grade, most of the windows in Lincoln high school have a view of the hudson and manhattan so we saw it all, shyt got even crazier once they let the schools out

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
I live in clinton hill Brooklyn and I'm about 10 mins from Manhattan with clear view of the towers. I was a senior in high school when we saw the second plane smack into the towers. We were like wow. After a while they let us go home. Around 4 in the afternoon people started walking over the Brooklyn bridge and they walked into my neighborhood. They were covered in ash with blank stares. Something like a zombie horror film. I will never forget that image man. Just thousands of people in ash walking up my block like zombies.

Side story my aunt worked in the north tower. Wha saved her life and many that day was the primary for election of the mayor of NYC. She went to work late because she was voting. After she voted the plane hit and debris was raining down and some guy pushed her back in the voting spot.

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
8th grade I woke up super early and told my moms/grandma that I didn't feel good so they told me to just go back to sleep no school today. Wake up a few hours later and I see on the TV nothing but dust and a big cloud coming from Manhattan. :damn: At this point I didn't know what the World Trade Center was or even terrorism to be honest.

Had to go to the doctor and there was just all kind of crazy shyt being said on the radio and around the city. It was strange cause there was no other kids in sight and I'm just out here with these adults listening like :damn::damn::damn:.

Finally got a chance to visit NYC and the WTC site this year..surreal. You don't really get a real feeling for it until you're in the city and you see how it is, and then you get in a building like the Empire State or whatever. I can honestly say I didn't take it THAT serious when I was a kid but as I've gotten older and around this time of the year when they show those recap shows..fukked up.

Like right now, they're showing the shyt on MSNBC by the minute as it happened right now. 9:03 AM :sadcam:

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
I was in like 6th grade. At the time where I was living alot of peoples folks held government jobs and they worked in DC/VA. Teachers didnt tell us shyt they just sent an announcement over the PA that if you go home and your folks arent there to call the school and they'll send someone to pick you up. We got out 2 hours early that day, got home and saw my mommy with her eyes frozen on the tv