The ***OFFICIAL*** "Where Were You?" On 9/11/2001

Ninjaz In Paris

ehyeh ašer ehyeh
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Arcturus
I remember that shyt like it was yesterday... :dwillhuh:

I was in Biology class & they made an announcement to the teachers to have an emergency meeting in the teachers lounge. They were gone for like 30 minutes & nobody knew shyt. :wtf:

Then the teacher came back & asked all of the students to go to the lunch room. :to: The entire school was in the lunch room like an hour & a half before lunch watching the news about a plane hitting the first tower & everybody seen it live when the 2nd one hit... that's when everyone started panicking & people were leaving school because we had a few Nostradumbasses saying this was in one of his Quatrains & that WW3 was imminent...

They let us out of school early in the midst of the chaos but the atmosphere on that day was just :wow: ...never experienced anything like that close to war except in 1992 but not in this scale since I was older & understood what war was.

Share yours... :ld:

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
In middle school...I didn't know wtf was goin' on until about noon when all these damn kids started to get signed out ..a nikka was like :wtf: is goin' on?ppl thought a terrorist attack might hit Detroit for some reason :heh:.Pops signed me out copped a flag and a newspaper and broke it down for me..I don't really recall ever getting shook about it though.The initial bombings on Iraq made a bigger impact on me.shyt was crazy.

Daps
Reppin
Pittsburgh
I was in school. I was a Freshman in high school. I remember hearing that something had happened.. a plane crashed into the World Trade Center from other students but didn't at the time realize it was a terrorist attack.. I assumed it was like an accidental crash or something. As the day went on we found out it was a terrorist attack, and that a plane had gone down close to our area in Pennsylvania. In about 6th period that day names were being called over the intercom to go to the office.. mine was one of them. It was because of parents asking their kids to be pulled from school.

Nothing was shown on TV in school, to be honest I didn't get the full jist of what had happened until I got home. I remember being in my bed room listening to the Blueprint pissed off at what had happened.

Real

Daps
Reppin
Under Your Skin
8th grade. Social Studies class. No lie. Funniest shyt happened that day. My friend Teyon was the classic "class clown." So we are sitting there doing our work, they had the tv's on in the classroom. My nikka teyon taps me and was like:

Teyon: Man, i'm about to go home:jawalrus:

Me: How?:dwillhuh:

Teyon: I'm just gonna drop to the floor, and start shaking and shyt:steviej:

Me: :childplease: Iight nikka. Whatever.

Abt 10 mins later this nikka drops to the floor, chair and desk flip the fukk over, this nikka shaking on the floor. EVERY teacher in the hall came into the classroom cuz my teacher was screaming for help. Until this day, whenever i think of that shyt, i start crying in laughter.

NoCones

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
:mindblown:
gotdamn, some of you nikkas young.
i was a freshman in college, i woke up late for class. ran to class to find out it was cancelled

Swayze

nah trick nahhh
Daps
I think I was in either English or Social Studies class in 8th grade when one of the other teachers walked in and started whispering to the one teaching us. Their faces were grim but we just assumed that someone was in big trouble. After a bit they finally finished talking and that's when we were told that all of our parents were coming to get us because something had happened, at that point we still didn't know what it was. Eventually I think it slipped out that a plane flew into the WTC because one of my teachers was visibly shaken since her father was supposed to be on a flight from NYC to Cali. When I finally got home my father, brother, and I watched the news closely to piece together what had happened seeing the repeated footage of the planes hitting the towers. I feel bad to admit this now but at that point it didn't really sink in what had happened; seeing people jumping from buildings hoping to escape was crazy but I guess that wasn't enough for me to "get it". It was once I started to meet more people who lost someone on 9/11 that the event really settled in

SmoothOperator88

Your friendly neighborhood coli poster
Daps
Reppin
NJ/BK
Eighth grade. Headmaster told us there were some sick people in the world and dismissed us. Told us to go straight home. Not chill downtown home. One of my school homies told me what happened. My pops worked in the North Tower so I was praying all day that he was not dead. He called me a few hours later. He didn't even go to work that day thank God. :whew:

Ninjaz In Paris

ehyeh ašer ehyeh
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Arcturus
I was in school. I was a Freshman in high school. I remember hearing that something had happened.. a plane crashed into the World Trade Center from other students but didn't at the time realize it was a terrorist attack.. I assumed it was like an accidental crash or something. As the day went on we found out it was a terrorist attack, and that a plane had gone down close to our area in Pennsylvania. In about 6th period that day names were being called over the intercom to go to the office.. mine was one of them. It was because of parents asking their kids to be pulled from school.

Nothing was shown on TV in school, to be honest I didn't get the full jist of what had happened until I got home. I remember being in my bed room listening to the Blueprint pissed off at what had happened.

I did too... everybody was confused until that 2nd plane hit... :sadbron:

Swayze

nah trick nahhh
Daps
Eighth grade. Headmaster told us there were some sick people in the world and dismissed us. Told us to go straight home. Not chill downtown home. One of my school homies told me what happened. My pops worked in the North Tower so I was praying all day that he was not dead. He called me a few hours later. He didn't even go to work that day thank God. :whew:

You're lucky breh, I'm glad things turned out better for you than they did for a lot of other kids out there :shake:

SmoothOperator88

Your friendly neighborhood coli poster
Daps
Reppin
NJ/BK
You're lucky breh, I'm glad things turned out better for you than they did for a lot of other kids out there :shake:

Word. All my coli brehs go out and vote. Voting literally saved my pops life. If he went to work that day he would've died since he was part of the emergency evacuation crew for his company.

MsChungLee

NoMatterWhat Life Is Good
Daps
Reppin
Jamaica ✈ Florida
6th grade walked into science class and the teacher had the tv on the news. her classroom phone rang, she answered it and then turned off the tv. Nobody talked to us about it they just went on with the day but we saw some of the adults crying.. And then parents started pulling kids out of school early. Got home and my mom was still trying to find out if our NY fam was okay.

Mantle Drunk

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
I was in 12th grade I was making my rounds around all the study halls around my spanish class like I always did when I asked to go to the bathroom. When I walked into the one with my good friend everyone was huddled around I was like whats up he was like my phones saying a plane crashed into the World Trade Center I was like fukk your phone shyt is wrong. He was like no my phones never wrong then he got the news another one hit we were all like what the fukk. Teachers kept it secert but kids going home for lunch were watching it on Tv and telling us about it. I remember 9th period study hall chilling by the window just seeing kids getting takin out of school left and right.

Me and a couple of friends went to one of my friends house to watch the news I couldnt believe what I was seeing we all looked around and it was stated that we were always going to remember that moment and who we were with which is true. That night we all meet up and were hanging out drinking beers wondering what the fukk was going to happen were we going to war, would there be more attacks you kind of knew you were gonna wake up to a totally different world the next morning. I remember hearing the jets fly over my house that night which kind of made me feel safe.

But the shyt that happened that weekend was really crazy we were driving down a main road it might as well of been a parade motherfukkers were just stopping on the sides of the roads just chilling in parking lots hanging out from familys to teenagers and everything inbetween everyone was just sitting outside there cars just chilling and bonding for miles it was a real surreal experience.

Jesus H. Christ

I died for your sins
Daps
I remember that day vividly. My boys are telling me something about a plane crashing into the WTC, and i turn to him, and tell him something about probably a crash must of happen. He turns to me with the "::dwillhuh:a fukking plane hit the tower, and by what the news are saying, it doesn't sound like an "accident". My teacher has the TV is on, the classroom is watching, when all of a sudden we see the second plane hit. There was a huge gasp in the room:merchant::damn:

My teacher ran to the next room to tell the other teachers what had just happened. Seeing the text on the bottom of the screen "America under attack":weirdo:
It still gives me the chills to this day.

I was excuse to go home, and also learned about the pentagon, and another airplane still flying . The feeling of watching the towers collapse, knowing that there's people in there and they can't do nothing about it. :no::to: