The Official "Westworld" Season 1 Thread

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Ignorance is bliss, but not for Dolores any longer :wow:

Jeffrey Wright looking at her like :ohhh:with every sit down they do. Wait till he finds out she's busting her gun :leon:. The way she saw The Man in Black and the same scenarios play out again, Dolores seeing the Matrix for what it is :lupe:. I wonder if Jeffrey Wright is using her as more than just of a way to cope with the loss of his son.

Anthony Hopkins hit him with the :ufdup:Arnold story as a possible warning about going too far.

Meanwhile Thandie Newton starting to remember too and stray hosts out here reading their horoscopes.

Did scumbag visitor say Westworld costs 40K a day :bryan:

Ain't no way I would spend more than a day there to play cowboy and bang out robo p*ssy, even if I was rich. He was right about the narratives being :ld:, so far. When his good guy buddy saved the prostitute and thought he was doing something :heh:. The narrative that Teddy was on, seemed legit though. It's all fun and games until people start popping out of the shadows with animal masks :damn:

It was cool seeing Emmett from Banshee in tonight's episode :ehh:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
as far as what you said in the spoiler tag

i agree that will probably be a major theme of the show down the line, it was something i was saying after the first ep...mostly due to what the executive bytch said as she was smoking outside in regards to corporate having a different goal for westworld than the guests and programmers

they are testing the viability of replacing prominent and important humans with hosts to manipulate world economy and events :ehh:

I posted this earlier in this thread (months before the show aired), but I'm spoiler tagging it now in case the new show goes this way...
There was a "Beyond Westworld" TV show back in 1980 that went in the direction of the above spoiler tag. I also suspect that the corporate goals are going in this direction

As for the current episode, does Dolores showing up at the end blow away the theory that the new "White Hat" guest is the Man in Black? Or is it possible that Dolores was just remembering the first time she went off script 30 years ago? Something weird was going on with the way her gunshot disappeared.

So, it was Arnold (and not Ford) that was originally trying to create a machine life form? I wonder if he transcended his physical body, or was simply killed off by a host.

charmander

Alhamdulillah
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Icey HawkSet ByrdGang
I posted this earlier in this thread (months before the show aired), but I'm spoiler tagging it now in case the new show goes this way...
There was a "Beyond Westworld" TV show back in 1980 that went in the direction of the above spoiler tag. I also suspect that the corporate goals are going in this direction

As for the current episode, does Dolores showing up at the end blow away the theory that the new "White Hat" guest is the Man in Black? Or is it possible that Dolores was just remembering the first time she went off script 30 years ago? Something weird was going on with the way her gunshot disappeared.

So, it was Arnold (and not Ford) that was originally trying to create a machine life form? I wonder if he transcended his physical body, or was simply killed off by a host.

from the information given so far it makes me think arnold might be the man in black, since ford hinted that he "died" there at the facility via accident, then said that he was a very careful dude that didn't have accidents...the way he worded it was suspect...and the timeline seems to match up :ohhh:

ikbm

Formerly ikillbabymamas
Daps
Reppin
Spread Love - The Player Way
from the information given so far it makes me think arnold might be the man in black, since ford hinted that he "died" there at the facility via accident, then said that he was a very careful dude that didn't have accidents...the way he worded it was suspect...and the timeline seems to match up :ohhh:
he said he was basically born in it
and unless you're a billionaire that doesnt have shyt to do in your spare time....how could you afford 40k trips to westworld all the fukking time for 30 years
make sense one of the creators of this westworld shyt would slice off the domes of the hosts trying to read some maze on their domes like its some sort of source code :wow:

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
They were monitoring him because he was killing hosts by the dozen, I doubt they watch guests randomly unless something goes wrong. And all kinds of foul shyt like rape, murder, etc. are common at Westworld so I doubt the employees would notice or care about him questioning the hosts. And on top of that like you said the average employee probably has no idea what The Maze is, anyway. They probably think he's role playing a character or something.

Fred.

You know what else I just realized though... (I havent seen ep 3 yet gonna watch it in a bit) but in episode 2 the villain in black uses a knife to murder several hosts. Now presumably the guns dont have real bullets and only damage hosts, but if knives are allowed in the park it stands to reason that they would have ppl killing other ppl by accident thinking they are hosts... since most visitors cannot initially tell the difference until engaged in dialouge. In a big saloon type brawl 2 real ppl could easily hurt each other or kill each other. I just wonder how the employees circumvent that short of identifying host from visitor.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Propaganda

Superstar
Daps
Reppin

yeah they mentioned that there hasn't been a "critical mistake" (or something, i forget the wording. failure maybe?) for 30 years and also, ed harris says he's been coming to the park for 30 years. i would guess there's some kind of connection there. i dunno about the man in black being arnold. i'm not sure how that makes sense at this point.

that young anthony hopkins cgi though. :ohlawd:

i generally love the acting in this but goddamn man, i cannot fukking stand boss lady. i get that the character is supposed to be this calm, cold, impersonal, harsh taskmaster...but that actress just makes it seem so unconvincing and forced. every conversation she has i'm like "yeah, okay" :martin:. i mean, even after they strangely tried to add depth to her by having her fukk jeffery wright, they were lying in bed talking and she still sounded like a robot. hmm...a robot. wait a minute.:jbhmm:

:merchant:

:heh:

could it be though? :ohhh:

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
if Arnold is the man in black why would they say the maze ain't for him?

cuz Arnold became a host if he's alive right?

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim

She saw it play out before it happened. Sorta like deja vu.

charmander

Alhamdulillah
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Icey HawkSet ByrdGang
yeah they mentioned that there hasn't been a "critical mistake" (or something, i forget the wording. failure maybe?) for 30 years and also, ed harris says he's been coming to the park for 30 years. i would guess there's some kind of connection there. i dunno about the man in black being arnold. i'm not sure how that makes sense at this point.

that young anthony hopkins cgi though. :ohlawd:

i generally love the acting in this but goddamn man, i cannot fukking stand boss lady. i get that the character is supposed to be this calm, cold, impersonal, harsh taskmaster...but that actress just makes it seem so unconvincing and forced. every conversation she has i'm like "yeah, okay" :martin:. i mean, even after they strangely tried to add depth to her by having her fukk jeffery wright, they were lying in bed talking and she still sounded like a robot. hmm...a robot. wait a minute.:jbhmm:

:merchant:

:heh:

could it be though? :ohhh:

if Arnold is the man in black why would they say the maze ain't for him?

cuz Arnold became a host if he's alive right?

here's a few reasons why i say it's possible

- arnold supposedly died at the facility, but as a co-creator of the program, his entire history with the company was wiped from the record books and they act as if he never existed...this is around the same time as the last "critical failure" and when the man in black started inhabiting westworld...why would they erase everything about him and his history with the company unless he did something so severe that they had to cover it up, such as transferring his consciousness into the park?

- the man in black wants to find the maze to get to the "next level" of the game, and arnold was working on the next level of the pyramid towards self awareness with the hosts before his "death/accident"

- the way ford worded it, and emphasized it, was a clear indication that he's still not telling the whole story

- dolores saw a vision of the man in black before overriding her programming that restricts her from using guns, and heard a voice (probably arnold's) telling her to kill the other host...the same way the other hosts experienced dialogue with arnold before overriding their programming...and the man in black told dolores he wanted her to go back to the beginning, and since she's the original host that would mean the beginning of the park

- at 40k a day, who could feasibly afford to visit westworld daily for 30+ years? that's over a million a month, 12 million a year, for 30 years

- the man in black doesn't have a problem with killing hosts that are counterproductive to his mission, but he seems more focused on getting hosts to understand the truths of the world they inhabit more than just senselessly murdering them

- that girl that said the maze "wasn't for" him was probably referring to the fact that he isn't a "real" host like the rest of them, but an actual consciousness trapped within the world...in the preview for next week's episode bernard suggests to dolores that she seeks out the maze as an opportunity to be free...maybe the man in black/arnold has been trapped in the world he created for so long that he's desperately trying to escape it the same way...and since he knows dolores is the oldest host, and therefore the one most vulnerable to his code towards self awareness, that would explain his sort of infatuation with her

but i could be wrong about all of this :manny: