The Official "Westworld" Season 1 Thread

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Finale has me :mindblown: in more ways than one.

So the center of the maze was basically consciousness and Arnold wanted Delores to look within herself to find it :ohhh:

I get Ford was the ultimate puppet master pulling the strings and his final narrative was to usher in a new dawn for the robots.

Although William never truly met Wyatt, he got what he wanted and for the hosts to fight back and offer something more :blessed:

I'm still somewhat confused on the realization that Delores had before the slaughter began. She finally realized the voice that was talking to her and realized what she had done in the past- Ford expected her to kill him, but he did mention this time Delores pulling the trigger would be by choice :jbhmm:. Any insight into that?
she finally realized that it wasn't arnold telling her to do anything.. it was her consciousness telling her the whole time... then she remembered what A Hop told her.. "do you realize what you'll have to do to be free?"

she's going to have to go wyatt, but on real people this time... so she definitely chose to do that

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
she's going to have to go wyatt, but on real people this time... so she definitely chose to do that

:ehh:

The hosts embracing these violent ends delivered some of the best scenes.

When that gay tech thought he was about to have his way with Hector :steviej:, had music going and everything. Only to get penetrated in a way he wasn't looking for :mjlol:

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Great season! But I'm curious as to where they go from here from a narrative standpoint.
All of season 1 was about the journey and the loop and all the different clues. Not that they have somewhat broken free the writers have to set a different push to move the story forward.

I'll be honest the ending was satisfying but for some reason I thought the revolt would be a little more subtle. Maev and friends going around the facility guns blazing seemed a little over the top and I understand it was to draw attention but you would think a company that makes robots would have more of a fail safe than just multiple 2 squad teams of dudes with P90s. ( Also why doesn't the swat just use guns like the ones in WW that can only hurt host?)

It was all just feeling a little too convenient and I believe that could've been written better.

It's funny though, in the 1st or 2nd episode A.Hop's character basically said that with all this technology the humans have basically won at life and now its time to give someone else a chance.

Lol so Bernard bashing that white chicks head into a concrete wall help set him free :mjgrin:

Hopefully the show doesn't go into a Planet of the Apes meets Terminator type of direction. I was really liking the mind games.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Finale has me :mindblown: in more ways than one.

So the center of the maze was basically consciousness and Arnold wanted Delores to look within herself to find it :ohhh:

I get Ford was the ultimate puppet master pulling the strings and his final narrative was to usher in a new dawn for the robots.

Although William never truly met Wyatt, he got what he wanted and for the hosts to fight back and offer something more :blessed:

I'm still somewhat confused on the realization that Delores had before the slaughter began. She finally realized the voice that was talking to her and realized what she had done in the past- Ford expected her to kill him, but he did mention this time Delores pulling the trigger would be by choice :jbhmm:. Any insight into that?

It looks like "solving the maze" means figuring out that the voice in every host's head is not "Arnold", its their own consciousness. Until then, they're just following orders that seem to come from some external source. But once they solve the maze, a host realizes that they are able to give THEMSELVES orders.

When Dolores killed Arnold, its because Arnold physically asked her to do it. When Dolores started going off her loop with William 30 years ago, its because she was following the imaginary voice of "Arnold". But when she went to kill Ford and shoot up the board, the voice in her head was Dolores/Wyatt (her real self). She can basically program herself now.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
technically none of them are dead... they brought back benard with a gunshot wound to the head.. they could all be back or rebuilt next season

Brought back by who, though? They just aired out the entire facility, no? I can't see any of the techs going into that madness to do repairs.

DeVanteSwing

Flop Champion
Daps
so glad i didnt read any online theories (they spoiled mr robot for me)
...i accidentally read about different time lines but i didn't put that together

Johnny Kilroy

79 points in 1 quarter
Daps
Reppin
the midrange
I was right! Told yall nikkas Dolores was Wyatt! :pachaha:

Aye nikkas is wrong on the internet everyday b. :mjgrin:

But really I think there's a deeper meaning. Upon my own personal journey across WW I found myself searching for purpose, destiny, a reason to go on. Was it obvious William was MIB? Of course. But this infatuation with a new twist became a new reason for me to keep watching. After all, what fun is a show when you know what's going to happen? It's like a game you can't lose. Then I realized... I'm the man in black. :mjcry:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Brought back by who, though? They just aired out the entire facility, no? I can't see any of the techs going into that madness to do repairs.
asian and white dude still alive... actually they didn't kill any techs, just the security.. you'd be surprised what you'd do with a gun to your head

• Dap
Reactions: hex

3Rivers

thaKEAF aint never lied
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Steel City
v7fsIJs.png