The Official "Westworld" Season 1 Thread

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Brehs, it's Dolores not Delores. Delores is not a real name :heh:

Is there any speculation on what Ford's new storyline is about? :lupe: is it even a storyline? :lupe:
Delores is a real name...just not on this show.

Whatever Ford's storyline is about, it contains elements of what happened in the real world. Parts of "Wyatt's" back story are references to the real Arnold.

We've also seen that there's a church involved in both the flashbacks and in the new section he's building. So I think the new plot involves a cult that worshisps Wyatt parallel to Arnold appearing like the voice of God to the hosts.

Egomaniacal1

Director of the Federal Bureau of Instigation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Martin, TN
I just don't see it as cheap, within the context of westworld the hosts not seeing things makes sense, and when we are seeing things from their POV there are clues, like the photo of ford and arnold just looked weird, like it looked like someone was cut out of the photo, people picked up on this immediately, and 2 episodes ago when bernard goes into the house ford just "appears" out of thin air when bernard gets choked. It wasn't like there was no clues to these things.

We'll agree to disagree then. Like i said we did not know the hosts don't see certain things til Ford says it this last episode. Everything ppl think about the picture up to that point is speculation and the story seen at face value. As for the door scene there was nothing to make you assume anything about a door even being there as you watched that scene for the first time. Again it comes before you learn the hosts can't see things this episode. Hell even saying that is speculation on top of speculation because you first must have went with the Bernard is a host speculation/theory, which was also only confirmed just now in this last episode. At least with the Bernard is a host speculation i can kinda understand because there seemed like there were some clues to it, but as to the hosts not seeing certain things i feel there was zero evidence to that until Ford says it.

The picture itself didn't specifically look "weird" as much as it just looked like someone might be missing from it or it's been doctored....and those statements aren't the same as saying a speculated host can't see someone in it. Appearing out of thin air doesn't automatically suggest an unseen door as much as maybe he just didn't sweep thru the whole cabin to know he was in there.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
We'll agree to disagree then. Like i said we did not know the hosts don't see certain things til Ford says it this last episode. Everything ppl think about the picture up to that point is speculation and the story seen at face value. As for the door scene there was nothing to make you assume anything about a door even being there as you watched that scene for the first time. Again it comes before you learn the hosts can't see things this episode. Hell even saying that is speculation on top of speculation because you first must have went with the Bernard is a host speculation/theory, which was also only confirmed just now in this last episode. At least with the Bernard is a host speculation i can kinda understand because there seemed like there were some clues to it, but as to the hosts not seeing certain things i feel there was zero evidence to that until Ford says it.

The picture itself didn't specifically look "weird" as much as it just looked like someone might be missing from it or it's been doctored....and those statements aren't the same as saying a speculated host can't see someone in it. Appearing out of thin air doesn't automatically suggest an unseen door as much as maybe he just didn't sweep thru the whole cabin to know he was in there.
actually they mention in the first couple episodes that hosts cannot see things that will make them question their reality

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
This show is averaging close to 12 million viewers? It's popular like that?
ghyujjj_zpsxvzxjkhc.png

Fred.
It's not the fukkery tv that I thought it would be or the mind fukk the trailers made it seem but it's entertaining enough. I am glad in an age where tv audiences couldn't be bothered committing to anything that's not a procedural that it's pulling those numbers.

Ps Isn't it competing in the same slot as walking dead?

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Really? Which episodes?

The scene when Dolores first father finds the picture and is freaking out about it and she says "it doesn't looklike anything" to me was meant to inmply that the hosts aren't supposed to see certain things and just have gaps when they do. Her father seeing it was a clue he was malfunctioning.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
The scene when Dolores first father finds the picture and is freaking out about it and she says "it doesn't looklike anything" to me was meant to inmply that the hosts aren't supposed to see certain things and just have gaps when they do. Her father seeing it was a clue he was malfunctioning.
ford or bernard specifically mentions they can't see things that would make them question the reality I'm pretty sure.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
except hes building something in the westworld plot. wouldnt futureworld be its own thing entirely?
It's more wishful thinking than anything. It'd be a dope twist but I think they'd save something like that for a season in the future, no pun intended.